PM issues

Old 11-05-2011, 02:54 AM

Default Deleting old private messages

When I go to send a Private Message, it tells me I have over my quota. Is there a way to delete a whole page of older PM's instead of one by one. Thanks for the help.

Pat
Old 11-05-2011, 04:07 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by homecaregiver View Post
When I go to send a Private Message, it tells me I have over my quota. Is there a way to delete a whole page of older PM's instead of one by one. Thanks for the help.
Pat
When you are on the page displaying your PMs, look to the right at the small square check boxes. The one at the top of the page, there is a light-colored count of how many messages you have. If you click this, unfortunately, it will only select the messages on the current page. So you could choose, instead, the dark-colored count of the messages on the current page. With either choice, you can go to the next page and click either top box there. Then more pages. [You can only work with a specified number, which I think is 500, unless they changed that since the testing period.] The next step after selecting the messages you are choosing to delete is to scroll to the bottom and find the blue Selected Messages button. Click on it and several choices appear. Choose the one you desire and then click Proceed.
Old 11-05-2011, 05:12 AM

Angry What is BCC

What is BCC?
Old 11-05-2011, 06:23 AM

Default Deleting PM

I am trying to clean out my PM folder and have not found where I can delete the ones I have checked. I found a icon that says empty folder but do not want to delete everything, just the ones I have checked. Can someone please help me with this.

Thanks
Old 11-05-2011, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by judykay View Post
I am trying to clean out my PM folder and have not found where I can delete the ones I have checked. I found a icon that says empty folder but do not want to delete everything, just the ones I have checked. Can someone please help me with this.

Thanks
The next step after selecting the messages you are choosing to delete is to scroll to the bottom and find the blue Selected Messages button. Click on it and several choices appear. Choose the one you desire and then click Proceed.
Old 11-05-2011, 06:33 AM

Judy - Choose the messages you want to save. At the bottom click on 'Selected Messages' just as Nancy said. In the Drop down menu choose Download as Text. A pop up window will ask you where on your computer you want save them (maybe your documents folder or desktop for easier access.) Make a folder and click save or download.

If you need help PM me. I'll be happy to walk you through it.
Tracy
Old 11-05-2011, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
The next step after selecting the messages you are choosing to delete is to scroll to the bottom and find the blue Selected Messages button. Click on it and several choices appear. Choose the one you desire and then click Proceed.
I did it YEAH, it was easy after you explained how to do it. Where are you finding your information, things keep popping up that I want to do but don't know where to look to find out how to do it. After I deleted my messages I received the following at the bottom of the page.

Inbox contains 30 messages. You have 124 messages stored, of a total 500 allowed. (Empty Folder)

Do you have any idea what it means, I think the 124 that they say I have stored are the ones I deleted and the 30 in my inbox are what I have left. What happens if I click on Empty Flolder? I don't want to loose the messages I have not deleted.

Thanks again for every ones help. If we help one another we will get through this.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:41 PM
Power Poster

BCC is blind copy, meaning that the recipient of the PM does not see that it was also sent to another person as well.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:49 PM

Originally Posted by gigi10 View Post
What is BCC?
When I want to pass on an email to someone else, I hit reply and then I delete all the other persons email address's.
Then I put my email in the to line and everyone elses email address's in the BCC, that way I'm not sending out email address that belong to the first person who sent me the forward or the email address's that sent it to them. I am also protecting all my peoples address's.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:57 PM

I am not getting the thread emails. What can I do?