PM issues

Old 11-07-2011, 06:09 AM

I had no problem both sending and receiving a PM.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:14 AM

Originally Posted by Lady-T View Post
ok...I give up - I can't find where to change this setting....
Look at the VERY top of the page...click on "settings"...then scroll down on the left side to "general settings"...this is where the info is.
Old 11-07-2011, 06:31 AM

I see there is an event reminder possibility. Where do you put in the events you want to remember?
Old 11-07-2011, 10:30 AM

Default Deleting messages

Hello Patrice: I received a message that my inbox was too full to receive a new message. Good reminder for me to clean it up!! I deleted some messages, hit refresh, but the new message waiting did not arrive. What am I missing? Do I have to close the site entirely and re open. That is what I will do next, but if there is something else, please
advise. Thanks for guiding us through this process. We are all learning as we go. And do remember the "old dogs, new tricks" adage!!! Will look for your counsel. Penny (pgthom) in Kalamazoo
Old 11-07-2011, 11:03 PM

Default For all those who want to keep their PMs

If you have scads of PMs and don't wish to delete them you can save them all to your computer.

Go "settings at top of page. Scroll down and on left hand side you will see Inbox. Click this then the little box at the top. That will click all the posts on that page. Now scroll to the bottom of your list where it says "selected messages"
Click on this and you will get a drop down menu. Choose Download as text. All you have to do is decide where you want to save them. Hope some of you will find this helpful.
Old 11-08-2011, 01:52 PM

Default Private Messages

I have a gaggle of private messages that I would like to delete. Do you have to open each one and delete each one separately or can you check all of them and delete? I don't find a delete button at the bottom of the Private Message list. Thanks in advance for any help.

Lynn
Old 11-08-2011, 02:10 PM

There are little boxes at the right of the messages. You check those boxes and at the bottom of the screen there is a Button "Selected Messages" click on that and it will give you options. You can download all the messages to your computer if you want and you can check the whole day's page at a time or you can just delete the entire box in one fell swoop.

My newest Grandson, Caleb Austin, was born May 29th. I am now Grandma to 4 precious babies. I am so blessed!!!!
Old 11-09-2011, 04:22 AM

Unhappy Question about New System

Well, I thought I understood a few things about the new system....guess I don't. I tried to empty SOME of my private messages. I click on the ones to delete and when I got to the bottom there is no "delete" button. There is a "empty folder" button but if I hit that one, it will delete ALL of the messages...don't want to delete all of them. Also, can't seem to find a way to access my post about this problem.

Any help will be appreciated.

Thanks

Lynn
Old 11-09-2011, 04:28 AM

go to the Selected items - that makes a dropdown menu
Old 11-09-2011, 05:03 AM

Originally Posted by quiltinghere View Post
Here's what I learned this morning.... I think it's right....Admin correct me if there's a better way.

You can set up a few more 'folders' in your inbox...like an email site does.

Click on Notifications/Inbox then look at the left side under My Messages. Click EditFolders. Add new named folders. I made one for MISC2SAVE

Now to move PMs.
Back to Notifications/Inbox. Put a check in the PM you want to move. click Selected Messages. Check Move to Folder. Click Proceed. Pick folder (use arrow if necessary). Click Move Item. TaDa!

I believe we can only have 500 PMs total. After you save the ones you want to save, you can delete the rest in a couple of clicks.
Go to Notifications/Inbox. Scroll down towards the middle Folder Controls area. Click Empty Folder. It'll ask you again if you really want to delete all. Click Yes, if you want to delete all.

Hope this is right, easiest way and works for you.
Thank you, you're directions worked well for me.