Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • QB Help Center
  • Posts questions >
  • Posts questions

• Posts questions

Old 11-12-2011, 10:23 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

What you have done recently should all be accessible under "my profile". If you posted the picture when you started a thread, go to "My Profile" and look under "Find Recently Started Threads". If you attached your picture to a reply, look under "Find Recent Posts". If you have started a Blog with a photo album, then the picture would be there. There is more than one way to do almost everything on the new board.

To keep track of a thread after you post to it, you can subscribe to the thread using thread tools (on the darker beige bar below the name of the thread). If you always want to track threads to which you have posted, then go to "settings" (top of page), "General Settings" under "my account"', "Default Thread Subacription"' (under messages and notification)' click the box. You then can choose how to receive notifications, just on screen (through my control panel), or by email.
    You can quickly access threads once you have subscribed to them either through Settings or through Quick Linkson the green header bar.
    Old 11-12-2011, 11:01 AM

Thanks for asking that question. Isn't it wonderful how members are so willing to help!
    Old 11-12-2011, 11:13 AM
    Power Poster

I think members' answers are usually easier to understand than the "official" ones.
    Old 11-12-2011, 11:59 AM

I've started a folder in my computer with tips and instructions. Whenever I see something I didn't know, I copy and paste it in word and pop it in my folder. It helps me to refer back to it without finding it on the board. LOL
    Old 11-12-2011, 01:00 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by QandE2010
    I've started a folder in my computer with tips and instructions. Whenever I see something I didn't know, I copy and paste it in word and pop it in my folder. It helps me to refer back to it without finding it on the board. LOL
    At least then you'll know where to find it again!!!!!!
    Old 11-13-2011, 06:01 PM

I've done what Alma's done, but have not found out yet, how do you receive emails regarding posts you commented on (replied)?
    Old 11-13-2011, 08:35 PM

Default Read posts

Are read posts supposed to change colors and stay changed???
    Old 11-14-2011, 05:27 PM

Default Read & Unread Topics

Hi everyone...I've been away for a few days and there's so many posts and I don't know what I've read and haven't..lol.

I'm just wondering...has there been any update on whether we will have the feature returned that shows our read and unread topics? It used to be in bold if it was unread and then unbolded if read, even if the read topic had new posts, it was still unbolded.

Thanks
    Old 11-14-2011, 05:34 PM

If you go to the Home page & scroll to the bottom it shows 2 different coloured envelopes for read or unread. Unfortunately on my computer they really don't show alot of difference in colour, but maybe that might help you. I really do miss the unread topics option as well.
    Old 11-14-2011, 05:43 PM
    Power Poster

Originally Posted by miss_ticky2
    Hi everyone...I've been away for a few days and there's so many posts and I don't know what I've read and haven't..lol.

I'm just wondering...has there been any update on whether we will have the feature returned that shows our read and unread topics? It used to be in bold if it was unread and then unbolded if read, even if the read topic had new posts, it was still unbolded.

Thanks
    I was a die-hard read from Unread Topics gal. I was very unhappy to hear that it would no longer be available. I saw a post from one of our members and can’t recall who that was. Their tip was to scroll to the bottom of the screen and click on Archive in the Contact Us menu bar. Then choose the Forum/Section that you want to read from. As you read the posts in that Section, your computer changes the color of it. Then you can move to the next Thread that has not yet changed color. This really satisfies my Unread Topics fix.