Signatures

Old 11-02-2011, 07:23 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Linda B View Post
Does anyone know if they will 'return' or if there is something we need to do to get them back? I've really enjoyed seeing everyone's fancy signatures.
many of the previously acceptable signature styles are not available with this software
Old 11-02-2011, 07:58 PM

My signature was not animated or flashing,so how is that causing problems? Cindy Bridges,M.D.
Old 11-03-2011, 07:03 AM
Power Poster

Default Signatures

Please refer to the forum rules for information on Signatures http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t165268.html
Old 11-03-2011, 07:52 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltnNan View Post
many of the previously acceptable signature styles are not available with this software
they were fun - any suggestions how to redo so they are acceptable? thanks
Old 11-03-2011, 09:24 AM

Under the rules section, there is a place that says, some blinking and colorful signatures caused some headaches and issues so it has been disabled. You can type or write on but not the fun ones we had.

Profile Signatures

- Keep your signatures to no more than 5 lines total. This will still give you plenty of room for fun and creativity. Blank separating lines are also counted.

- Use plain, black text in a small font (not larger than size 2).
************************************************** *************************Animated signatures - particularly those that blink and flash - were causing serious problems for members with certain vision and neurological conditions. For that reason, we have disabled that option.

- Please accept the change with grace. it's for a good cause. I know in my heart that nobody here would demand the right to make their friends physically ill just to have a cutesy-wootsie signature.

- Profile signatures should not include scriptural quotes or other forms of proselytizing, testifying, and sermonizing. Requests for prayers are permitted only in Members’ Blogs. They are the only overtly religious posts for which we allow exceptions when it's possible and practical.

Last edited by debbieumphress; 11-03-2011 at 09:28 AM.
Old 11-03-2011, 11:55 AM

Angry How do you change settings for your signature??

Hi there, I was wondering if there was a way to change your settings (preferences) for your signature, because I would like my signature to show up in HTML but my signature preferences says that I have "no" for HTML and there is no way to edit or change your signature even, unless I am missing something???? So now, my signature name shows up as a web page, instead of showing up as a nice picture of my name like it did on the other board. GRRRRR!!!
Evelyn
Old 11-03-2011, 11:57 AM
Google Goddess

Hi,

I would like to know the same thing, hope someone can help us out.

Originally Posted by bearspaws View Post
Hi there, I was wondering if there was a way to change your settings (preferences) for your signature, because I would like my signature to show up in HTML but my signature preferences says that I have "no" for HTML and there is no way to edit or change your signature even, unless I am missing something???? So now, my signature name shows up as a web page, instead of showing up as a nice picture of my name like it did on the other board. GRRRRR!!!
Evelyn
Old 11-03-2011, 12:05 PM

It looks like the preferences for signatures is currently hard coded, not allowing pics, gifs or html. I would imagine that over time, that will be adjusted.
Old 11-03-2011, 12:11 PM

Thanks Quilting Vagabond but could you be more specific? I went back into edit signature and inserted BB code around my signature but then I got an error message telling me that the BB code was too long.

In any case, although this may be a work around, I cannot believe that is the only way to do it- I expect that somewhere in this new setup there must be a way to get to a dropdown box where I can chose my font, and size, like I do in word documents?

Anyhow, I would like an official answer, but I guess there are more pressing questions out there at present and I'll have to wait, which is OK for the moment.

Oh fiddlesticks! Every time I try to submit this message the board asks me if I am sure I want to navigate away. This is tiresome. Sigh. Now I am going to copy and navigate away and then I am going to try again. I'll tell ya what-this board is feeling more and more like work every time I give it another try!

A good day to cut some fabric!
Old 11-03-2011, 12:13 PM

I have also asked this question over on the Help section, so I hope one of us gets an answer soon.