Signatures

Old 11-05-2011, 08:30 AM

Which part of your signature do you want deleted?

To use different fonts and colors go to
My Settings, scroll down to

My Account - choose General Settings. It opens up a whole list of choices with explanations of each item. These are my personal settings. you may decide you want different ones but my email settings will get emails for you and my signature settings will get you fancy fonts! The options I want are in Green the options I don't want are in RED Hope this helps.
Tracy
This is what it looks like:
General Settings: Mitch's mom

Login & Privacy

Messaging & Notification

• Receive Email from Administrators *
  • Receive Email from Other Members** I Worry about unsolicited offers
From time to time, the administrators and/or other members may want to send you email notifications or messages. If you do not want to receive email from certain people then you may disable the options here
Default Thread Subscription Mode: When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

Private Messaging
  • Private Messaging:
    • Private Messaging on*
    • Private Messaging off
    This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
  • Receive Private Messaging:
    • Only from Contacts and Moderators*
    • From all members*
    You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
  • Email Notification of New Private Messages:
    • Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages*
    • Don't receive Email Notification of new Private Messages*
    The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
  • New Private Message Notification Pop-up:
    • Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up*
    • Don't show New Private Message Notification Pop-up
    If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
  • Sent Private Messages:
    • Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default*
    • Don't save a copy of sent messages
    When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.

Thread Display Options

• Show Signatures*
  • Show Avatars*
  • Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)*
You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
Thread Display Mode: Here you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view this help page.

Number of Posts to Show Per Page: Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages. I chose 20
Default Thread Age Cut Off: You may specify a time period from which to display threads. Threads older than the age you specify will not be shown. I chose 2 weeks

Miscellaneous Options

Message Editor Interface:
  • Enhanced Interface - Full WYSIWYG Editing***!
  • Basic Editor - A simple text box
  • Standard Editor - Extra formatting controls
When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.

Last edited by Mitch's mom; 11-05-2011 at 08:48 AM.
Old 11-05-2011, 08:35 AM
Power Poster

Thank you for all the info. Very very helpfull.
Old 11-05-2011, 01:36 PM

Angry Please help, I am trying to recover my signature.

Before the change, my signature appeared on all of my posts. Now all I can get to appear is the number code for my signature. How do I get the image to appear? Thank you.
Old 11-05-2011, 02:49 PM

Wow Mitch's mom! Thank you for going to so much trouble to help! I am very impressed and will definitely be giving all you wrote a try.

You asked what part of signatures I wanted to delete... The My Live Signatures png file and the animated icon gif files no longer work. I saw Patrice wrote that the board will no longer be doing the animated icons - that the flashing ones were giving some members who suffer health problems trouble. I don't mind at all, I just want to delete the useless lines.
Old 11-05-2011, 03:06 PM

Originally Posted by Mitch's mom View Post
Which part of your signature do you want deleted?

To use different fonts and colors go to
My Settings, scroll down to

My Account - choose General Settings. It opens up a whole list of choices with explanations of each item. These are my personal settings. you may decide you want different ones but my email settings will get emails for you and my signature settings will get you fancy fonts! The options I want are in Green the options I don't want are in RED Hope this helps.
Tracy
This is what it looks like:
General Settings: Mitch's mom

Login & Privacy

Messaging & Notification

• Receive Email from Administrators *
  • Receive Email from Other Members** I Worry about unsolicited offers
From time to time, the administrators and/or other members may want to send you email notifications or messages. If you do not want to receive email from certain people then you may disable the options here
Default Thread Subscription Mode: When you post a new thread, or reply to a topic, you can choose to automatically add that thread to your list of subscribed threads, with the option to receive email notification of new replies to that thread.

Private Messaging
  • Private Messaging:
    • Private Messaging on*
    • Private Messaging off
    This forum features a private messaging system, which allows members to send messages to one another privately.

If you do not want to send or receive private messages, you may disable the private messaging system.
  • Receive Private Messaging:
    • Only from Contacts and Moderators*
    • From all members*
    You may limit the receipt of private messages to just moderators and your contacts. Other members who attempt to send messages to you will be told that you have disabled private messaging.
  • Email Notification of New Private Messages:
    • Receive Email Notification of new Private Messages*
    • Don't receive Email Notification of new Private Messages*
    The forum can send a message to your email address to inform you when someone sends you a private message.
  • New Private Message Notification Pop-up:
    • Show New Private Message Notification Pop-up*
    • Don't show New Private Message Notification Pop-up
    If you are browsing the forums when you receive a new private message, the system can pop-up a notification box informing you of the new message.
  • Sent Private Messages:
    • Save a copy of sent messages in my Sent Items folder by default*
    • Don't save a copy of sent messages
    When sending private messages the forum can make a copy of the message in your Sent Items folder.

Thread Display Options

• Show Signatures*
  • Show Avatars*
  • Show Images (including attached images and images in [IMG] code)*
You have the option to show or hide various elements of messages, which may be of use to users on slow internet connections, or who want to remove extraneous clutter from posts.
Thread Display Mode: Here you can choose the display mode for threads. For a full explanation of the modes, please view this help page.

Number of Posts to Show Per Page: Use this option to set the number of posts to show in a thread before splitting the display into multiple pages. I chose 20
Default Thread Age Cut Off: You may specify a time period from which to display threads. Threads older than the age you specify will not be shown. I chose 2 weeks

Miscellaneous Options

When posting messages to the forums or other members, there are three interface types available to you. The simplest of these is a simple text box, while the last is a fully-fledged WYSIWYG editor, which allows you to format your text as you want it and see the results immediately.

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type.
Thank's Mitch's Mom....this is most helpful
Old 11-05-2011, 04:45 PM

Question signatures

Now my signature doesn't show up. I was there yesterday...what is going on?
Old 11-05-2011, 05:16 PM

MITCHES MOM wrote:
Miscellaneous Options

Depending upon the capabilities of your web browser, you may not be able to use all of these options. If you experience problems when posting messages, try switching to a different interface type."

Thanks Mitches Mom - by making this change I can easily change color and font size and add lots more things I've yet to figure out. Thanks Thanks Thanks!!!
Old 11-05-2011, 05:29 PM

You are all very welcome. You have helped me so much with my quilting, I'm happy to be able to give something back. If you have any other questions please ask. I am pretty familiar with this forum format.
Tracy
Old 11-05-2011, 05:44 PM

i have been trying also no luck here
Old 11-05-2011, 05:47 PM

I think SharonB managed to get her's back...maybe you should check with her.