Still trying to post pix

Still trying to post pix

Old 02-08-2012, 10:23 AM

Default Still trying to post pix

Am I just that illiterate?!

Last edited by igorsews; 02-08-2012 at 10:25 AM. Reason: no pic
Old 02-08-2012, 10:28 AM
Power Poster

I'll be watching this thread as I have yet to post any pictures. I don't think we are illiterate just picture challenged. Hang in there we will get it someday. BrendaK
Old 02-08-2012, 10:53 AM

Have you resized your photos that you have previously taken? The optimum size should be 640x480 pixels.
Have you changed the settings on your camera that you are using? What kind of camera are you using?
Do you go "advanced" when trying to post your pictures?
Do you select the photo and then click on upload?
Do you wait while the photo uploads and when it finishes click on close the window?

I know, lots of questions. When I first "relearned" the photo loading process after the "change", I also had a hard time. What I did was to write all of the steps down and kept the list at my computer. Why don't you post replies to the questions I asked on this thread and I will try to help you post your photos.
Old 02-08-2012, 11:45 AM

Originally Posted by Caroline S View Post
Have you resized your photos that you have previously taken? The optimum size should be 640x480 pixels.
Have you changed the settings on your camera that you are using? What kind of camera are you using?
Do you go "advanced" when trying to post your pictures?
Do you select the photo and then click on upload?
Do you wait while the photo uploads and when it finishes click on close the window?

I know, lots of questions. When I first "relearned" the photo loading process after the "change", I also had a hard time. What I did was to write all of the steps down and kept the list at my computer. Why don't you post replies to the questions I asked on this thread and I will try to help you post your photos.
Great points. Also, see this tutorial with pics of how to. http://www.quiltingboard.com/qb-help...s-t169467.html
Old 02-08-2012, 01:21 PM

no ,posting is not easy, or there would not be so many threads about not being able to post. I just found the tree it is so small it is very hard to see keep trying love looking at all the pics
Old 02-08-2012, 03:57 PM

Don't anyone else feel bad. I've been trying ever since the board changed. I was just getting to know how to get around on the old board, and had never posted pictures , when they changed it. I thought it would be easier so started trying right away. I got 2 posted but was informed they were too large and needed to resize but haven't been able to do that either. I have to go through paint shop on my computer and it keeps telling me I need to buy something else for 29.95 before I can do that. I'm not doing that just to post a picture. Sorry, must be a better way. I can't even get one to post now that's too large. I keep getting a message that the upload failed. I'm really frustrated with the new board. I don't like it at all, the old one was much better. Don't see a reason to fix something that isn't broke.

sassy granny
Old 02-08-2012, 04:29 PM

I agree with sassy granny. I have to load my pictures and then e-mail them to myself and choose compose small when i
e

-mail them and then put them on my desktop to choose them. It is a real pain in the behind to post a picture and was real easy before the changes.
Old 02-08-2012, 05:32 PM

Originally Posted by sewingsuz View Post
I agree with sassy granny. I have to load my pictures and then e-mail them to myself and choose compose small when i
e

-mail them and then put them on my desktop to choose them. It is a real pain in the behind to post a picture and was real easy before the changes.

Why not consider changing the setting on your camera? There is no reason to use a setting that's for printing up to poster size pictures, when all you're doing is taking them to put on your computer. Then you don't need to worry about emailing, resizing, havin' a pain in the behind, etc.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:12 PM

Originally Posted by sassy granny View Post
Don't anyone else feel bad. I've been trying ever since the board changed. I was just getting to know how to get around on the old board, and had never posted pictures , when they changed it. I thought it would be easier so started trying right away. I got 2 posted but was informed they were too large and needed to resize but haven't been able to do that either. I have to go through paint shop on my computer and it keeps telling me I need to buy something else for 29.95 before I can do that. I'm not doing that just to post a picture. Sorry, must be a better way. I can't even get one to post now that's too large. I keep getting a message that the upload failed. I'm really frustrated with the new board. I don't like it at all, the old one was much better. Don't see a reason to fix something that isn't broke.

sassy granny
It's really a shame that this new board has caused so much heart ache for so many. I understand some aren't as computer savvy as others and they should make a public board like this user friendly for the least savvy. There is no reason IMHO that they can't. But for those of you that don't have a way to change the size of a picture try downloading a wonderful free program called IrfranView. It is free, small and I think pretty user friendly. Here is a link... http://www.irfanview.com/main_download_engl.htm I've used it for years and wouldn't be without it. Hope this helps.
Old 02-08-2012, 07:21 PM

Sounds interesting Allets. I have been slowly changing the size of all of my photos using Microsoft Office Picture Manager. It is an extended process. Is irfanview.com easier and quicker?