Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Thread: trouble with skipped letters when posting

trouble with skipped letters when posting

Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems with skipped letters and words when typing in a post or reply. This is an example of what happens: te etters, especially the vowls, and wrds do no keep up andapear tsmas together. (Should read: The letters, especially the vowels, and words do not keep up and appear to smash together.) This is very annoying and takes forever. I do not type that fast or have problems on any other sites but this one, what am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?

Blog Entries
    I have not experienced that and have not noticed on any other posts. Maybe it's time for a new keyboard?
    Last edited by QuiltnNan; 07-26-2019 at 02:36 AM. Reason: typo
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

Thank you. I thought about that myself, but it works fine for everything else. I'll have to keep experimenting.

I've had that happen. It's almost like I'm typing faster than the machine can keep up. Definitely not reality.
    But tonight I click on something and it takes 5 to 10 seconds for anything to happen. Go figure.

You may need to replace in the keyboard. Is it wireless?

My IPad does that sometimes. Very annoying.

Blog Entries
    Yes, I am always correcting words when I know it is not my typing skills. I think sometimes it has to do with (just corrected with) the speed that I type at. I don't know if it is the speed or touch of my fingers to the keyboard or if it is on the site. I always figured it is uneven touch on my side. I do however find I am making many more corrections here than on other sites.

Blog Entries
    When I type on my tablet's virtual keyboard I get frustrated with auto-correct putting in words that were nowhere near what I was trying to type. For instance , when I typed in "tablet's" in the first line of this post, auto-correct put in "father's". I also just now had to re-type "auto-correct" because auto-correct put in "end users". Did this three times. If I do have an actual typo and delete the last part of a word no matter what I do there's a space splitting the word unless I delete the whole word or sentence and start over. For instance I typed the word "or", auto correct changed it to "of". I backspace to deleted the "f" to correct it to "r" but there's a space between the "o" and the "f". So I deleted the "f" and the "r" and typed "or" and auto correct changed it back to "of" again. I can type without looking at the keys when using a regular keyboard, but I have to look at the virtual keyboard on my tablet and can't look at the text at the same time. Frustrating!

Quote Originally Posted by janjanq View Post
    When I type on my tablet's virtual keyboard I get frustrated with auto-correct putting in words that were nowhere near what I was trying to type. For instance , when I typed in "tablet's" in the first line of this post, auto-correct put in "father's". I also just now had to re-type "auto-correct" because auto-correct put in "end users". Did this three times. If I do have an actual typo and delete the last part of a word no matter what I do there's a space splitting the word unless I delete the whole word or sentence and start over. For instance I typed the word "or", auto correct changed it to "of". I backspace to deleted the "f" to correct it to "r" but there's a space between the "o" and the "f". So I deleted the "f" and the "r" and typed "or" and auto correct changed it back to "of" again. I can type without looking at the keys when using a regular keyboard, but I have to look at the virtual keyboard on my tablet and can't look at the text at the same time. Frustrating!
    Isn't there an option on your tablet to stop the auto-correct option?

Quote Originally Posted by SueZQ from MN View Post
    Is it just me, or does anyone else have problems with skipped letters and words when typing in a post or reply. This is an example of what happens: te etters, especially the vowls, and wrds do no keep up andapear tsmas together. (Should read: The letters, especially the vowels, and words do not keep up and appear to smash together.) This is very annoying and takes forever. I do not type that fast or have problems on any other sites but this one, what am I doing wrong? Any suggestions?
    Sometimes I get this on my old computer if I get a notification that a script is running, do I want to allow it or not.... I just shut down and then restart and it works fine after that.

SueZQ you are not alone. It happens to me every time I get on the QB. Then when you try to correct the words it takes 2 or 3 times pressing the letter before it wll show up.

It's not on this board but when I reread and email message I sent, parts
    of some sentences have just disappeared.
    I feel the need to write another message sometimes and just a couple
    words can leave an awkward impression .
    It is a blessing, to be a blessing !
    ~Quilters are warm people!!!~
    cheese brings parties together

http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt...HJV/weight.png

Thank you all for your comments and for discovering that it is not just me!!