Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Virus' have been found on your computer

Yep I got it to, made me think I had a real problem. Then I thought it was a pop up , but I have a Pop up blocker and it is working. Did it piggy back in with this sight? Hope not!

Me too. It's happened many times in the past few weeks.
    I too have a pop-up blocker. The only way I could get rid of the "ad" was to completely turn the computer off and start all over. Bummer.

Blog Entries
    It did when I was using another computer and IE browser. It hasn't happened on my computer using Google Chrome at all. I was told it was a browser security problem not an internet site problem.
    Got fabric?

Yes I got it and had to send my laptop to the "doctor". Cost me $50 to fix her. Is there some reason admin's didn't warn us of these???????????
    heberstitcher
    I am Always In Stitches in AZ

Same here. So disappointing. Oh should I add that it was my security software that warned me.
    Last edited by gotta-sew; 07-29-2012 at 01:00 PM.

Blog Entries
    this event does not originate within the QB software itself.
    although there can be no doubt that it's very annoying, your computer is in no actual danger.

tech support is aware of the situation.
    they are working to identify the source ad and block it.

Blog Entries
    I had this happen to me and it took my son 2 days to get everything running right. Of course he has to do it remotely since we are in different states but, it was bad. He says that things are getting planted into everything so be very careful what you click on.
    A friend is someone who knows all about you and loves you anyway.

Yep, it happened to me too. Thought about it for a few minutes, shut things down and ran my anti virus. Something about it just didn't look right, and it did not show up when I was on this board.

It's not an ad. It says it's from Microsoft and says your computer has been infected and you need to download a program to fix it. My new desktop sure is running slow. You need to let all of us know about this. You either need to email all of us, or put this thread back in a place where it will be more likely to be seen by everyone.

It wasn't an AD - I have TWO anti virus programs that run and I also use FREE anti Malware from the net. www.malware.com - you can buy it, but they let you use it FREE and it is good. See Patricia's explanation on this thread.

Blog Entries
    I luckily have not had this problem but will be very aware of anything unusual popping up. I agree everyone should be aware of this and maybe the administrators could post something in the first section in stead of down at the bottom. I don't always read from this section but always read the titles in all the sections and that is how I happen to come across this . Thanks for keeping us informed.
    Happy Quilting
    Judy in Lower Michigan

T.
    It happened to me too. Like you, first I thought it was l legit. I remembered that even if you click on the X to close it, you have made connection. So, what you want to do when you suspect a site, do this: hold down the "Control, Alt and delete" keys at the same time, that will bring up a menu, go to "Start Task Manager" and stop the program there.

I got it too. It appeared when I was on here so it must be connected to this site somehow.

Blog Entries
    FYI - CAUTION: Running Quick Scan turned up nothing, but running Full Scan did turn up a virus!

On this QB site, the last ones I've gotten (have been several recently) said the virus was on the website.
    Happened three times in one very short QB browsing session, which is why the sessions have been short due to having to close all down and run scans.

Same happened to me as well this pm..I was looking at this entry-•large lap top pieced -- by wolph33- when it occurred...connected to the site???
    Kitty

A couple of months ago I clicked on a flashing message button and weird things happened.

If you get this message you could already be infected, make sure you get your computer scanned with a good spyware remover asap! If you don't have one refer to http://yourpcoptimizers.com

DO NOT CLICK ON THIS POP-UP!!!! it is a super bad bug that will take over your browser. according to hours of reasearch reading, i have learned the following....it pops up every few years..makes the rounds ..then goes away again. goes away as in it doesn't pop up on your screen. it does NOT go away from your pc.

it has nothing to do with the security of this site. nothing to do w microsoft. dh read it panicked downloaded it. no i didn't do him bodily harm, but i did do a lot of research and spent a LOT of time cleaning up his pc. son works for adobe now, worked for symantic security before that. if you did download this he says that pc repair people have a tool to remove it. home security systems don't. i have it isolated on dh pc. need to take in and have it removed.
    the rogue quilter - in from wandering in the sun and snow with camera in hand.

A few days ago, I did report this with a picture of the supposed Microsoft warning and the two URL's that I copied, it happened twice to me and my anti virus just reported it blocked another attempt by something called 1929 rogue virus. I noticed in the URL that it has dee as part of the 3 addresses. It happened the other day when I clicked on What's New? Today, I just came to the QB and clicked on a subject about using strings and my Anti Virus said it blocked a threat. Never click on pop-ups even if you think it is from Microsoft. You can turn off your computer as some have done or click on your Logo in the bottom of your page, which is start and look for your Anti Virus, Spyware of whatever you use to remove threats and run a scan.

It has happened to me also. am wondering if that is why I now can not add pictures to a thread whent I try to .
    Earleen The best helping hand is at the end of your arm.

Yes, it's happened to me twice while on the Quilting Board. I closed the entire email and immediately ran my virus protection. There was nothing there, but I believe if I had clicked on it, I would have had a problem.
    Karen in Kentucky

Blog Entries

virus on computer

Quote Originally Posted by farmer623 View Post
    This morning when I was looking at pictures, something popped up that said it was from Microsoft and that I had gotten a virus, adware, and all kinds of bad things from this site. In my uncaffeinated state, I downloaded the program that came with it, but luckily my good sense kicked in and I didn't run the program. My son says that would have been very bad. Anyway, if this has happened to anyone else, I'd like to know. I thought there were controls connected with the Quilting Board that would prevent this sort of thing. I am now running new anti-virus protection, and hope this hasn't damaged my computer.
    IT happened to me also. fortunely I did not run it. I almost did.

We had it happen about a year or so ago. It seems to be making a comeback. It has nothing to do with this website, it is just something on the internet, and we have to be aware when something comes up that we weren't expecting it is probably a virus.

Suz
    Me too, this morning. I closed everything and ran MalWare. It found one critical virus. Was able to quaratine it and fortunately, no damage was done.

thats good news as I got it this am

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 ... LastLast