Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 Fabric Moratorium

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Sophie2 View Post
    Can I ask where you got the fabric with the dogs and airplane - or the manufacturer? Our niece is going to have a baby and the fabric would be perfect for a baby quilt. We have a plane and dogs and I think it would remind her of us. Love all the fabric you got

It is from the Lil Rascals line by Moda
    No one has ever become poor by giving. - Anne Frank
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

http://www.etsy.com/shop/TheQuiltedPig

I love the dog fabric!! We have a small rescue... so we tend to be dog oriented!! lol

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    It is from the Lil Rascals line by Moda
    Yep....this is correct.

I joined a low volume fat quarter swap so I allowed myself to make a purchase but only for that fabric (ok, true confession I rounded up one of the prints so I'd have 1/2 yard for myself since I won't get a FQ of it back in the swap). I did get 20% off (so it was like my shipping was only $1).

What broke me and made me buy?

Name:  cluck-daisy-in-white_1024x1024.jpg
Views: 123
Size:  35.1 KB

It's Cluck Daisy and I'd never seen it before (the chickens with the wonky eyes just made me crazy!)

I get to see all this great fabric without guilt. How great is that?

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
    I get to see all this great fabric without guilt. How great is that?
    Is that like watching someone else eat chocolate and you don't get fat?
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Quilter Momma: LOL Especially funny because I just threw a batch of brownies in the oven, and yes, I did lick the bowl. Eyeing the chocolate not near as much fun, as eating it. Eyeing the fabric fun without deflating my wallet.

We traveled out of town on business on Wednesday. DH said he would mark the calendar because I walked out of one quilt shop without purchasing anything and declined an offer to stop at a large national chain. My request to stop at Crivitz, WI where Sew Much More is located was warmly received. Upon entering this shop, I discovered exactly what I wanted to make for a gift for a family member. The owner cut everything for the top and I wrote the check. By stopping briefly in the area where the Reading Club was meeting and making key fobs, I spied some absolutely strawberry print for pillowcases. Sew, the pillowcase fab was my splurge.... That's okay and I am as happy as a clam. That's my story and I'm sticking to it :-)

I've not been completely on the wagon either, but three of my purchases have already found a way into projects and I still have some of each left, which is great cuz I really liked each one. And the M&Ms fleece was claimed by DGS - no sewing required in his mind! Did trim selvedges off and if he leaves it here I will hem it. Need to get the blue fleece put on the back of his mom's quilt so that one is ok too. Veggie Tales fleece will be claimed soon I'm sure. And who needs an excuse to get a pretty batik when it calls your name!

Blog Entries
    God, HELP ME!#!#!#!! Quilting Cousins in Clifton, Tx (20 min from my house) is going out of business. Last day is tomorrow. Please let me get called into work.........

Alikat: There just are some conditions that must earn to dispensation. A drop dead sale is one of them.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
    Alikat: There just are some conditions that must earn to dispensation. A drop dead sale is one of them.
    Yep! My daughter and I are going shopping in a little bit. First, she needs her first bra......then, I'm gonna suprise her with the quilt shop stop!!!!

Blog Entries
    Alikat, I loved seeing what you bought and like Emma said, it is nice getting our fabric fix by seeing what others buy..even just little bits. If and when I fall off the wagon again, I will post pics. Hang in there everyone.
    She who dies with the most fabric, didn't sew fast enough!

I'm so proud of myself. I only go anywhere near where there's a Joann's about once a month, sometimes less, and even then it's an extra 15 miles past where I go & then a fight to get into the shopping center, so I have to be going for something to go over there. I'm getting a really good income tax refund this year, and I got a 50% off coupon from Joann by text this week, so I decided I was going to bite the bullet and get an Accuquilt Go! I went that way yesterday, fight through the traffic, get to Joann's & I make Dusty go in the store with me. We make a quick wander through, looking for the machine, only to have to ask for help finding it (I've purposely avoided looking at them in the store for fear the temptation would overwhelm me.)

Well the only thing they had was the machine itself and a handful of dies & a couple cutting mats & I was looking for a starter set. Disappointed, we walked back up front to the fabric. He mumbled behind me "here we go" and I told him I only wanted to look at the holiday fabric. He said "uh huh" LOL! I stood there a minute looking at the 4th of July, Easter, and St. Patrick's that was all 50% off & nothing screamed "TAKE ME HOME!" I've been collecting marble fabric for our king size quilt I want to make and I even walked out of the store without looking at that!

So, my 50% off coupon is now expired, and I made it home empty-handed. I don't feel bad since I have what I need for my next 2 projects previously purchased.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
    I'm so proud of myself. I only go anywhere near where there's a Joann's about once a month, sometimes less, and even then it's an extra 15 miles past where I go & then a fight to get into the shopping center, so I have to be going for something to go over there. I'm getting a really good income tax refund this year, and I got a 50% off coupon from Joann by text this week, so I decided I was going to bite the bullet and get an Accuquilt Go! I went that way yesterday, fight through the traffic, get to Joann's & I make Dusty go in the store with me. We make a quick wander through, looking for the machine, only to have to ask for help finding it (I've purposely avoided looking at them in the store for fear the temptation would overwhelm me.)

Well the only thing they had was the machine itself and a handful of dies & a couple cutting mats & I was looking for a starter set. Disappointed, we walked back up front to the fabric. He mumbled behind me "here we go" and I told him I only wanted to look at the holiday fabric. He said "uh huh" LOL! I stood there a minute looking at the 4th of July, Easter, and St. Patrick's that was all 50% off & nothing screamed "TAKE ME HOME!" I've been collecting marble fabric for our king size quilt I want to make and I even walked out of the store without looking at that!

So, my 50% off coupon is now expired, and I made it home empty-handed. I don't feel bad since I have what I need for my next 2 projects previously purchased.
    Dont feel bad about your coupon expiring. You wouldn't have been able to use it on the Go anyway. All coupons I get from Joann's have the disclaimer that they can't be used on AccuQuilt products or sewing machines.
    Darkness cannot drive out darkness; only light can do that. Hate cannot drive out hate; only love can do that. - Martin Luther King, Jr.

The only fabric I purchased this month was for backing.
    Last edited by ladydeluxe; 03-31-2013 at 06:56 AM.
    Wendy

Blog Entries
    Another month behind us. My only purchase was the 2 yards that I found for a birthday present for myself.

Blog Entries
    Well I did purchase fabric for my stash in March. I had been looking for an out of print fabric I found it and purchased 5 yards. However, I have been on a fabric moratorium since July 2012 with only adding 2 FQ bundles to my stash in the last 9 months. I'm not feeling any guilt at all!!!

Blog Entries
    I didn't buy any fabric at all in March.
    OK, that's an April Fool joke (or a big fat lie, depending on your point of view...)

Personally, March was not good for the moritorium.

March excuse: March is my BIRTHDAY month.
    March poem: When she was good, she was very, very good
    but when she was bad she was a hoarder (I mean she was horrid)
    March Resolution: I'll do better in April...

The up side is that the 'slipcover the pontoon boat' and the 'embroider 48 napkins for my Great Niece's bridal shower' (15,000 stitches, 7 color changes) projects are complete, so I was able to actually do some quilting this month.
    "I do not understand how anyone can live without one small place of enchantment to turn to."
    Marjorie Kinnan Rawlings

I was doing really well w/ not buying & using only my stash until ------- We went on a road trip along the Mississippi River - Wis. side. Found a new quilt shop in Alma, Wisconsin in an old Hotel. Beautiful fabrics!! She's having a 1st anniversary sale on May 1st. I couldn't resist!! BUT -- I was selective, still walked out w/ 4 pcs that go with my stash at home.

Quote Originally Posted by auntpiggylpn View Post
    Dont feel bad about your coupon expiring. You wouldn't have been able to use it on the Go anyway. All coupons I get from Joann's have the disclaimer that they can't be used on AccuQuilt products or sewing machines.
    Yep, I found that out. I got home & tried to see if I could use it on a mix & match set & not only would it not take that one, but it wouldn't even let me use the free shipping on it. My boyfriend ordered the collect em all vol I series for me on Amazon. It comes tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by DustysMomma View Post
    Yep, I found that out. I got home & tried to see if I could use it on a mix & match set & not only would it not take that one, but it wouldn't even let me use the free shipping on it. My boyfriend ordered the collect em all vol I series for me on Amazon. It comes tomorrow. I'm so excited!

Yay for you! You better keep him!

Paper Princess: I really like your March excuse. It is especially good because it can only be used once a year, therefore it can't be overused, and no one can say you shouldn't get a birthday treat.
    Pokey what's a mini vacation without a treat.
    Just a revisit on my record in March. Fell off big time. CT is responsible, they had a sale on their mirage fabric which is just perfect for a quilt I have already designed. Can't think of an excuse, except if I just hadn't opened that e-mail. Can resist anything but a sale. Well that's not true either. Hope to do a lot better in April. Better get off here before my nose gets any longer.

The only fabric I purchased in March was two fabrics to back quilts and some background fabric. Last night I cut out 23 fat quarters and some background fabric for my next quilt. I am trying to use up fabric I have as well as use patterns I have. In March I finished 2 UFO's and made 2 wall hangings from my stash. Using up my stash does make me feel so good. Still have lots to get thru!
    Sophie2

Blog Entries
    Connecting Threads had Mirage on sale? Too bad I missed that one. I really like that fabric though they discontinued my favorite color.

I do have to visit my LQS this week. I need 1/2 yard of black - if I didn't have so much fabric, I could find mine, but it is hiding somewhere so I will purchase a small amount. Now you know why I'm on a moratorium.
    Last edited by irishrose; 04-02-2013 at 08:32 AM.

Page 14 of 44 FirstFirst ... 4 13 14 15 24 ... LastLast