Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

That is very pretty Fraew. Great job!
    Anna Quilts

It's lovely! Well done you
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

A little tinkle please. The bag on the left is one I did when I was just learning to quilt a couple of years ago and is my first attempt at FMQ.
    The one on the right, showing the other side of the bag, is one I finished for DD yesterday (bought the panel just after I did the first one ). Patience is a virtue, right?

Name:  IMG_0477.JPG
Views: 292
Size:  1.29 MB
    Last edited by Knitette; 01-18-2013 at 07:46 AM.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

Blog Entries
    @Knitette: tinkle tinkle, ring ring and ding dong!
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Gorgeous bags!!
    Ringing those bells!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

Ditto....gorgeous bags! I think your quilting looks great. You deserve more than a little tinkle. http://soundbible.com/1746-Ship-Bell.html Wish I could figure out how to put in a wav file so no link is necessary.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

Ufo #3 & #4!

Which brings my UFO Collection down to 74 from 94 as of 10/1/2012! Gotta keep on quilting...

The pattern for Shabby Heart is called "Heather's Lacy Heart" from the book "Quick & Easy Romantic Quilts". It measures 53" by 57" and is made from Robyn Pandolph fabrics except for the heart/binding fabric which is from Blackbird Designs. I started this quilt in 2007 and it was professionally quilted by Nancy Clayburn of Quilting by Design last month.

Sports Kid was pieced in 2008 using the free Warm Wishes pattern from Quiltmaker.com. It will be donated to Project Linus.
    Attached Images Attached Images

I love those bags Knitette! Stunning. I hope my 1st attempts at FMQ look half that good!

@ asimplelife - gorgeous quilts. Love the colours in your heart quilt. You are joking about having 74 UFOs aren't you?

Quote Originally Posted by Knitette View Post
    @ asimplelife - gorgeous quilts. Love the colours in your heart quilt. You are joking about having 74 UFOs aren't you?
    Nope, but I wish I was! lol

I used to be so intimidated by sandwiching, quilting and binding so I just kept doing what I loved - piecing! In the fall of 2009 I fell and badly broke my right leg and during my recovery I totally lost my crafty mojo... it wasn't until this fall that I turned on my machine. Crazy huh?

Now I'm determined to turn things around and my goal is to finish a UFO a week in 2014. And learn how to FMQ (I've learned to really enjoy walking foot quilting).

The good news is I have plenty of projects to write about! And I hang out in this thread.

Quote Originally Posted by Fraew View Post
    The pattern is Star Flower Wreath by Chickadee Charms Design Company. I started this UFO in 1997 and finished piecing it last spring...when I took credit for finishing it (shhhh, don't tell anyone). Charisma did the amazing quilting and I sewed the last stitch of the binding on yesterday.
    It's beautiful! Way to go Fraew!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by asimplelife View Post
    It's beautiful! Way to go Fraew!
    Thank you and keep it up with those finishes.
    Fraew

"I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski

Blog Entries
    "Which brings my UFO Collection down to 74 from 94 as of 10/1/2012! Gotta keep on quilting..." asimplelife

Oh how I can relate to this one. I am so glad someone else has themselves the same issue I HAD! I am in the back here cheering you on girl. YOU CAN DO IT! Keep up the good work and ringing the bell on those last finishes. You go girl! GO GO GO!!!!!
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

More great finishes this week!

I am on track to finish quilting my "Rosie" quilt this month. I did finish some swap blocks and also retreat gift so far in January.

Done! I made this top 3 years ago, for my son. Then it sat, and sat. I put it on my "UFO list" in both 2011 and 2012, and found an excuse each time it came up, to avoid it. I didn't want to mess it up, and couldn't bear the though of stuffing it through my regular machine.

When I got a long arm last July I decided it was time to do it - but of course I needed to get better at my skills first, because I do love this quilt (that was November's excuse, when this quilt came up for the UFO challenge). Finally, this month I said Enough! I made myself load it on the long arm before anything else, so that I had to finish it. And here it is! I lost a fight with my rotary cutter in the process, but my finger is healing and the quilt is complete and now resides on my son's bed. A whole year before he goes away to school

Name:  P1180547.JPG
Views: 771
Size:  258.2 KB

And a closeup of some of my quilting. I did stitch in the ditch around the stars, after this picture was taken.
    Name:  P1040524.JPG
Views: 335
Size:  152.6 KB

Krista that is GORGEOUS! Wow! I love that pattern, it has almost an optical illusion effect with the black triangles doesn't it? Your quilting is beautiful too!

And thank you for the encouragement QuilterMomma! Each UFO off the list makes me smile and brightens my day...
    Last edited by asimplelife; 01-18-2013 at 05:07 PM.

Krista, ring, ring. That quilt is beautiful. Aren't you glad you finished it?

Blog Entries
    Krista!
    Fraew

Wow Krista, that awesome quilt soooooo needed and deserved to be finished. Well done!!!!!!
    Linda Wedge White

I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

I have decided to count writing the pattern for my Focus Point quilt as one of my UFOs. I have been putting it off since last fall. This will be my first time actually writing a pattern since I crapped out on writting the last pattern I designed that people wanted.
    Linda Wedge White

Sing the song & ring the bells!!!!
    Knitette - Niiiice bags! It's great ta be able ta compare how our skills improve.
    asimplelife - Such a lovely heart quilt! PL always has a shortage o' boy quilts & this cute one will be well loved.
    kristakz - Now that's just awesome. Way ta go!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

Krista--very nice quilt and quilting! The border is a nice finish.

Krista, your quilt is stunning.

That is one beautiful quilt!!!!

Just finished my Project Linus Quilt. This has been hanging around in semi-complete form since Thanksgiving. Finally got the binding on.
    Name:  finishedPLQsm.jpg
Views: 345
Size:  463.5 KB

Page 7 of 57 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 17 ... LastLast