Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast
Results 176 to 200 of 1403

Thread: 2013 UFO Challenge of the Month

  1. #176
    Super Member wildyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY, north of Syracuse Area
    Posts
    5,586
    Ohhhhh kaelyn, that is sooooooo beautiful. What is the name of that pattern? And is it as hard as it looks? I really love it and would love to give it a try. Ringing the bell for your awesome finish!!!!
    Linda Wedge White

    I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

  2. #177
    Super Member Fraew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Clayton, CA
    Posts
    1,990
    Blog Entries
    3
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
    Just finished my Project Linus Quilt. This has been hanging around in semi-complete form since Thanksgiving. Finally got the binding on.
    It's stunning! Congratulations on the finish. Tinkle tinkle, ring ring and ding dong!
    Fraew

    "I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

  3. #178
    Super Member Foxflower's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2011
    Location
    Surprise Valley, CA
    Posts
    1,242
    wildyard, kaelyn's quilt looks like a triangle log cabin to me.
    "Life is mostly froth and bubble, but one thing stands as stone. Kindness in another's trouble, courage in one's own." Adam Lindsey Gordon

  4. #179
    Senior Member kaelynangelfoot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2012
    Posts
    619
    Quote Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
    Ohhhhh kaelyn, that is sooooooo beautiful. What is the name of that pattern? And is it as hard as it looks? I really love it and would love to give it a try. Ringing the bell for your awesome finish!!!!
    It is triangular log cabin. I got the paper piecing pattern from CompuQuilt http://www.compuquilt.com/CQFreeBlocks.htm.

    Its not really hard to do, just time consuming. I figured out what size to make each piece and strip cut everything. I actually have enough blocks started to do another baby size but I'm ADD when it comes to my projects, so I filed the leftovers away for later.

  5. #180
    Super Member karenpatrick's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2011
    Location
    Rosedale, Indiana
    Posts
    2,003
    Quote Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
    Ohhhhh kaelyn, that is sooooooo beautiful. What is the name of that pattern? And is it as hard as it looks? I really love it and would love to give it a try. Ringing the bell for your awesome finish!!!!
    Ditto what Wildyard said.

  6. #181
    Super Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    midwest
    Posts
    2,130
    Great finish Kaelyn.

  7. #182
    Super Member dublb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Location
    Brady TX
    Posts
    5,905
    Now that's just too purdy!!!!
    Bev
    My initials are BB, so dublb is double B.

  8. #183
    Super Member Knitette's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    The Granite City, Scotland
    Posts
    1,626
    Krista and kaelyn - what beautiful quilts! Well done to both of you.
    Lang may yer lum reek. (I'm a knitter - hence - 'Knit-ette'. Confuses a lot of people!)

  9. #184
    Super Member deedum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bluebell
    Posts
    4,224
    I will join you but only when I get a chance throughout the day as I as my day was already spoken for. I have two things I really want to finish today.
    1. A scrappy baby quilt. I got to finish sewing the squares on and then I am done with this little charity piece.
    2. Make a dog bed, so I can use up the rest of my scraps and get them out of my way!
    Having these two things done allows me to get done to some real projects next.

  10. #185
    Super Member wildyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY, north of Syracuse Area
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
    It is triangular log cabin. I got the paper piecing pattern from CompuQuilt http://www.compuquilt.com/CQFreeBlocks.htm.

    Its not really hard to do, just time consuming. I figured out what size to make each piece and strip cut everything. I actually have enough blocks started to do another baby size but I'm ADD when it comes to my projects, so I filed the leftovers away for later.
    LOL, If I cry, wet myself and suck my thumb, will I qualify as a baby for when your ADD lets you get back to the leftovers? I already have 2 of the 3 going, so I can easily start sucking my thumb when you are ready. LMBO...... hugggggs and smilesssssss.......
    Linda Wedge White

    I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

  11. #186
    Super Member wildyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY, north of Syracuse Area
    Posts
    5,586
    Quote Originally Posted by deedum View Post
    I will join you but only when I get a chance throughout the day as I as my day was already spoken for. I have two things I really want to finish today.
    1. A scrappy baby quilt. I got to finish sewing the squares on and then I am done with this little charity piece.
    2. Make a dog bed, so I can use up the rest of my scraps and get them out of my way!
    Having these two things done allows me to get done to some real projects next.
    I'm sorry Dee, but there is something you said that I can't quite understand. Can you please explain what "use up the rest of my scraps" means? Somehow this is a concept that completely escapes me. No matter how many scraps I use, there always seems to be just as many as when I started. Is there, perhaps, some magic powder or potent you sprinkle on them that keeps them from multiplying in the night? Or even maybe shrinks or dissolves a few each day?
    I even changed the container I kept mine in, fearing it might have had the powers of the Stone Soup kettle, but apparently the container is not the problem.
    Please share your secrets with us as I am sure there are many who would benefit.
    Linda Wedge White

    I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

  12. #187
    Member LadyKassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    21
    Just what I need to continue finishing the LOOOONG list of UFO's I have - I'm always so anxious to move on to the next idea I have - and I loose track of what I've got waiting. I have one in the drawer that I had lost for nearly 15 years. Finally found it - still haven't finished it. Did just finish one I started 4 or 5 years ago - will post it as soon as it has a picture.

  13. #188
    Super Member Corky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Washington State
    Posts
    1,083
    I keep trying to get my UFOs organized into 'I will finish" and 'I will donate' and I keep getting distracted! This is the year I will finish some, though! I promise!
    You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
    You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go. (Dr. Seuss)

  14. #189
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2013
    Location
    Near Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    1
    Hi, I'm new to the Quilting Board and would like to join this group. I have at least 20 UFOs I'd like to finish. This month I finished 2 just in time to get them into the Tucson Quilters Guild Show. Got a 3rd place on one of them. Yahoo! So, my goal is to finish one a month for the rest of the year. That should at least make a dent in the UFO pile!

  15. #190
    Super Member Corky's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2010
    Location
    Beautiful Washington State
    Posts
    1,083
    Gorgeous!!! Love your color choices and the pattern is amazing!

    Quote Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
    Done! I made this top 3 years ago, for my son. Then it sat, and sat. I put it on my "UFO list" in both 2011 and 2012, and found an excuse each time it came up, to avoid it. I didn't want to mess it up, and couldn't bear the though of stuffing it through my regular machine.

    When I got a long arm last July I decided it was time to do it - but of course I needed to get better at my skills first, because I do love this quilt (that was November's excuse, when this quilt came up for the UFO challenge). Finally, this month I said Enough! I made myself load it on the long arm before anything else, so that I had to finish it. And here it is! I lost a fight with my rotary cutter in the process, but my finger is healing and the quilt is complete and now resides on my son's bed. A whole year before he goes away to school

    Attachment 388994

    And a closeup of some of my quilting. I did stitch in the ditch around the stars, after this picture was taken.
    Attachment 388998
    You have brains in your head.
    You have feet in your shoes.
    You can steer yourself any direction you choose.
    You’re on your own. And you know what you know. And YOU are the guy who’ll decide where to go. (Dr. Seuss)

  16. #191
    Super Member wildyard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2010
    Location
    Upstate NY, north of Syracuse Area
    Posts
    5,586
    A big train whistle welcome to those who recently climbed aboard!! How great to have you with us. Looking forward to seeing your UFO's turn into FOs! Printing " UFO Donation Center" on my forehead for Corky. LOL
    Linda Wedge White

    I believe UFOs are like scraps, ferns and dust bunnies. Once you get two, they send spores out into the air and more just happen anywhere the spores meet.

  17. #192
    Super Member deedum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bluebell
    Posts
    4,224

    Red face

    Quote Originally Posted by wildyard View Post
    I'm sorry Dee, but there is something you said that I can't quite understand. Can you please explain what "use up the rest of my scraps" means? Somehow this is a concept that completely escapes me. No matter how many scraps I use, there always seems to be just as many as when I started. Is there, perhaps, some magic powder or potent you sprinkle on them that keeps them from multiplying in the night? Or even maybe shrinks or dissolves a few each day?
    I even changed the container I kept mine in, fearing it might have had the powers of the Stone Soup kettle, but apparently the container is not the problem.
    Please share your secrets with us as I am sure there are many who would benefit.
    Oh, it isn't that simple I am afraid. Let me explain. I have a large trash can that I throw in all the tiny and ubber smaller pieces of scraps. Anything less than a 2" goes in there. That is what I use for stuffing for the doggie beds that goes to the humane society. Anything bigger than that goes in my super large ziploc bags, they are my big scrappy pieces (anything bigger than 2"). I am trying to tame them, but it just seems the more I try to use those up the more they mutiply. I guess I get some satisfaction to know at least I get rid of the little bitty scraps. No magic yet for the bigger ones.
    P.s. two doggie beds are done

  18. #193
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Valley of the sun, AZ
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
    Just finished my Project Linus Quilt. This has been hanging around in semi-complete form since Thanksgiving. Finally got the binding on.
    Attachment 389190
    very pretty and unique, must put it on my "list" to make.

  19. #194
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Valley of the sun, AZ
    Posts
    679
    Quote Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
    Done! I made this top 3 years ago, for my son. Then it sat, and sat. I put it on my "UFO list" in both 2011 and 2012, and found an excuse each time it came up, to avoid it. I didn't want to mess it up, and couldn't bear the though of stuffing it through my regular machine.

    When I got a long arm last July I decided it was time to do it - but of course I needed to get better at my skills first, because I do love this quilt (that was November's excuse, when this quilt came up for the UFO challenge). Finally, this month I said Enough! I made myself load it on the long arm before anything else, so that I had to finish it. And here it is! I lost a fight with my rotary cutter in the process, but my finger is healing and the quilt is complete and now resides on my son's bed. A whole year before he goes away to school

    Attachment 388994

    And a closeup of some of my quilting. I did stitch in the ditch around the stars, after this picture was taken.
    Attachment 388998
    That is beautiful.

  20. #195
    Junior Member SoBuzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    208
    Blog Entries
    2
    Beautiful finished UFO's I am seeing already... I am jumping in (but please don't make me count them!)... I would like to accomplish one a month as well! So wish me luck and I wish all of you the best as well! But, I don't know how to blow the whistle!!!
    "Seeking God's guidance is the key to success... even in daily living when we learn to LISTEN!"

  21. #196
    Junior Member SoBuzy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Location
    Missouri
    Posts
    208
    Blog Entries
    2
    Absolutely beautiful!
    "Seeking God's guidance is the key to success... even in daily living when we learn to LISTEN!"

  22. #197
    Super Member deedum's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Bluebell
    Posts
    4,224
    I didn't give up on the challenge. I just worked late til midnight. I did get some sewing done, and another dog bed completed. That takes care of the uber bitty scraps for now. Today, I will finish that little baby quilt. Just a little scraper it is.

  23. #198
    Member LadyKassy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Location
    Illinois, USA
    Posts
    21
    Quote Originally Posted by kristakz View Post
    Done! I made this top 3 years ago, for my son. Then it sat, and sat. I put it on my "UFO list" in both 2011 and 2012, and found an excuse each time it came up, to avoid it. I didn't want to mess it up, and couldn't bear the though of stuffing it through my regular machine.

    When I got a long arm last July I decided it was time to do it - but of course I needed to get better at my skills first, because I do love this quilt (that was November's excuse, when this quilt came up for the UFO challenge). Finally, this month I said Enough! I made myself load it on the long arm before anything else, so that I had to finish it. And here it is! I lost a fight with my rotary cutter in the process, but my finger is healing and the quilt is complete and now resides on my son's bed. A whole year before he goes away to school
    This is gorgeous - Great job.
    Kathleen

    Life is what you make of it
    So laugh until you cry
    Sing your lifesong joyfully
    And teach yourself to fly

  24. #199
    Senior Member asimplelife's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2012
    Location
    Northern Minnesota
    Posts
    488
    UFOs #5 & #6 are done. Both are Warm Wishes quilts... the pink one is Ballerina Cats and the other is Animal Pairs. Both will be donated to Project Linus.
    Attached Images Attached Images


  25. #200
    Super Member Fraew's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2011
    Location
    Clayton, CA
    Posts
    1,990
    Blog Entries
    3
    Go go go asimplelife! Good for you.
    Fraew

    "I don't buy vintage quilts. By the time I finish the quilts I've started they've already become antiques." ~ Mark Lipinski
    Link to my albums: http://www.quiltingboard.com/members...85-albums.html

Page 8 of 57 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 18 ... LastLast

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •  

SEO by vBSEO ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.