2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 02-13-2014, 07:22 AM

Martina: No it doesn't help much. Temperature wise we've had pretty moderate temperatures but its been so grey. Oh Nancia, what a bummer, as we used to say in the 60's. You can virtual quilt with us.
Old 02-13-2014, 07:38 AM

Wait! I can't say bummer any more? Bummer! What am i going to say instead? That's a shocker!
Well, i at home, grann is at home, we're both safe and warm, just not together. My battery died because it has been so so long since I've driven the car, which translates into sooooo long since I bought fabric. Indeed, the last i bought was hand dyed Ricky Tim's fat quarters. And that was in January. Guess I'm good!yay, me! Yuck!
Off to sew in the snow!
Old 02-13-2014, 10:50 AM

Nancia: Your missing the point, clearly to avoid car trouble you have to buy fabric. Your hubby will no doubt understand the wisdom behind the logic. As for bummer, I save it for special occasion when I don't mind my kids pointing at me and laughing. Say it as often as you want, maybe the people that surround you are more respectful.
Old 02-13-2014, 10:59 AM

This has really be a good plan for me, I love that several cubbies not not full to the top and I have also found some treasures that were just plain buried between too much fabrics. I have only purchased blenders and brown and red solids so far this year.

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 02-14-2014, 08:54 AM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
Sorry. I think it's supposed to rain. Does that help? Plus, we have a 26 foot camper so regardless of weather conditions, we are set. Full hookup with heater or A/C, depending on the season. I'm pretty sure the heater will be on.

OOo, where are you guys going? Anywhere close to Grass Valley?? My favorite shop is there! Sugar Pine
Old 02-14-2014, 11:23 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by tlambing View Post
OOo, where are you guys going? Anywhere close to Grass Valley?? My favorite shop is there! Sugar Pine
No we are heading to Morgan Hill. Friends of ours moved there to an assisted living community and we have not seen them in a while.

I've been to Sugar Pine though.
Old 02-14-2014, 12:28 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
No we are heading to Morgan Hill. Friends of ours moved there to an assisted living community and we have not seen them in a while.

I've been to Sugar Pine though.
Not sure what's in season, but I'm sure there's something fresh. Have fun!
Old 02-15-2014, 03:28 AM

Madquilter, I can see how you could fall off the wagon. Quilt shows are my downfall too. I don't but a lot when I go, I'm a bargain hunter and don't like paying full price, but sometimes you find a bargain, or you find something that is just not available locally.
I hope you have fun with your new fabrics.
Not bragging... well, not really... but I think I will be able to make it thru this month without a purchase...
cindy
Old 02-15-2014, 04:56 AM

OOOOOHHH! Cindynvb, I'm so glad I saw the post about quilt shows! I was at one yesterday and fell off the wagon. The cutest tea bag fabric was there in my favorite colors of blue and yellow. Had to buy it. Had to. only bought a yard and plan on making placemats. Anyone out there use the Bonsal for the inside of placemats and, if so, how did it work? Not trying to start another thread. You can PM me if you like...or maybe I'll go start another thread.
Now we're off to Cedar Key and there's a darling, darling quilt shop there. Am I supposed to be responsible today or do I get a pass for helping out a small shop in the back of beyond? Oh my! May be in trouble with all y'all!!!
Old 02-15-2014, 08:59 AM
Power Poster

OOOH, crash & burn! I was a bit down, and in need of some retail therapy. Went to Fabric.com and looked at their markdowns. Usually, just putting fabric in the basket is all it takes to lift my spirits, but this time I had to hit that "buy" button! I love batiks and I'm still sewing Christmas stuff so how could I resist this?
https://www.fabric.com/buy/0301635/b...ves-peppermint
I do feel better, however!