2014 Fabric Moratorium

Old 02-11-2014, 02:33 PM

My name is nancia and i am a fabriholic. I am speaking to you from my padded cell. I am hugging and petting the fabric on the walls, it's that bad! I have bought nothing in February. And if i weren't against using capital letters, that would be in capitals. No fabric, notions, scissors, cloth, material, embellishments, and frankly, that's why I'm here. The strain was just too much and my little brain popped. But i heard they might have a yard sale in the lobby, and maybe someone will be selling cloth.......pleeeeeeeeezze!?
Old 02-11-2014, 04:47 PM

Is it padded in quilting fabric? February is a short month - you can do it!!! Why don you get out your Connecting Threads reds and make something so we who love that fabric can drool? You bought the blue, too, didn't you? Waiting for a pic of you with those fabrics.
Old 02-11-2014, 10:47 PM

Ohhh, the blue too? I love the blue. Nancia, you are strong, you can do this.
Old 02-12-2014, 12:47 AM

I'm afraid y'all are going to be disappointed! If i remember correctly i bought charms and layer cake. I have some of the wide backing that is white with red and black swirls, but I was planning that for my daughter's r/w/ bk quilt which will also have some other colors, cause, you know me, if it ain't loud, i ain't proud! I'm running away from home wednesday and the weather will determine my return home. I am looking to get snowed in with my quilt in' buddy grann. We don't want to go without power so that has not been factored in, but i think sue has a treadle. She can pump and I'll steer! Just pray for no outages! She just got back after a week at family's due to no power. We have lots of quilts and one very very large dog to help us stay warm! Meanwhile, my dh who is always out of town when I have to do blizzard duty, will be left alone with the dogs and cats. He's a nice guy and said it was ok without my even asking him. As if i ask. Mmbwau, haw,haw! Yeah right. See, he's so much nicer than me! We'll try to maintain computer contact, but she does live out in the sticks! Ooooo, so pretty all covered in snow and all the little non-hibernating little birdies and beasties coming up for food! Can't wait! Will head home when the roads clear! April? May? Tee hee!
Old 02-12-2014, 06:01 AM

Nancia: Look at it this way, if your snowed in and miles from the nearest fabric store your safe. Ignore that screen in the corner with the keyboard, better yet leave your card home.
Old 02-12-2014, 11:09 AM
Power Poster

I may be in trouble (again). We are going camping this weekend and DH knows that it is not one of my favorite things to do in life. I am more a reluctant camper. Yesterday he told me of a quilt store in the town where we will be and that he WILL take me there. I reminded him of the moratorium and somehow he didn't seem to care.......
Old 02-12-2014, 02:21 PM

Originally Posted by MadQuilter View Post
I may be in trouble (again). We are going camping this weekend and DH knows that it is not one of my favorite things to do in life. I am more a reluctant camper. Yesterday he told me of a quilt store in the town where we will be and that he WILL take me there. I reminded him of the moratorium and somehow he didn't seem to care.......
It may not be in the "rules", but I figure if I am on a trip and stop at a LQS, a purchase is OK. That's my story and I'm sticking to it! LOL
Old 02-12-2014, 03:18 PM

Martina: The evidence is there, your hubby is an enabler. What can you do? Hope the shop has just that special fabric you can't live without! I think talking about camping when half the country is in a deep freeze is just cruel.
Old 02-12-2014, 07:19 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Emma S View Post
I think talking about camping when half the country is in a deep freeze is just cruel.
Sorry. I think it's supposed to rain. Does that help? Plus, we have a 26 foot camper so regardless of weather conditions, we are set. Full hookup with heater or A/C, depending on the season. I'm pretty sure the heater will be on.
Old 02-12-2014, 08:23 PM

I got battered out of our mini retreat! My battery died. So got a jump start. Might I add here that nearly everyone on the east coast is having weather related car or house problems. 2 hrs in the cold, yes i could have stayed in the rite aide store, but the seats are more cushy in my car. Nice guy came and jumped my car, so i am leaving it on in the driveway.When I showed up at home after more than two hrs dh said, why didn't you call me on your phone. I called him on his phone and left a voice mail. Response? None. My phone was plugged into a dead car. Hmmm. Anyway came back home , still warming up, sue knows. I really wanted to go play! But everything said, not happening! Pooh!