Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

2014 UFO Therapy Thread - Sister Thread to 2014 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-19-2014, 09:26 PM

Here is my almost finished UFO. First ever quilt on a long arm! Was supposed to cover the French doors but forgot to measure so, alas, it doesn't fit. I may be able to do a quilt as i go border or a quilted valance to compleat the coverage. It still needs to be bound. I spent most of the day making fabric ornaments from pieces i had put aside for a dahlia pillow cover? I'm still counting these as one UFO down since the fabric is now used. Need to find ribbon and they are ready to go to their new home in n.c. Enjoy the quilt pics. This is the one my dh wants to keep. 8-)
Attached Thumbnails image.jpg   image.jpg   image.jpg  
Old 01-20-2014, 04:42 AM

nanica--very pretty quilt...bright and cheery. Your quilting looks nice too!
Old 01-20-2014, 08:36 AM
Power Poster

I'm in the midst of transforming a UFO. A applique table runner--going to back it with a quilt block and make it reversible. Pictures later.
Old 01-20-2014, 10:25 AM

Wonderful progress you are making. I finished a customer quilt this weekend. Almost got my bed runner done, hand binding to do. Did finish up the Hexi quilt top, have to get on longarm now. Got a new puppy so time has been occupied with her also.
Old 01-20-2014, 11:45 AM

I bought a sewing machine today and played with it all afternoon. I'm not sure if this will help me in getting rid of a few UFOs or if it's just going to add to the pile .

Either way, I'm loving my new machine! This will definitely speed up some projects I have. I won't stop hand-piecing and hand-quilting, but there's a couple projects that I won't mind finishing on the sewing machine either. (Let's not talk about starting new ones, shall we?)
Old 01-20-2014, 12:43 PM

JM: Congrats on the new machine. There are no guarantees but I think we can bet that your going to have fun.
Old 01-20-2014, 01:18 PM

I found the UFO i least want to do. Guess that needs to stay out and in my face till i do it!
Thanks for the compliments, i chose the best two spots to take pics, lol. There are tons of goofs, but as a first, it gives me a place to go up from!
Old 01-20-2014, 04:56 PM

Thought I'd post a progress photo of my orphan quilt UFO I'm working on. I'm at a decision making spot and after making so many in the process of getting the two side panels and the center panel done, I'm stalling out a bit. The largest blocks, the hearts, are 12" so I had to decide how to bring all the smaller blocks out to that width.

I now have to decide whether to put a single row of something across the center panel to add the 5.5" it needs to equal the side panels, or to put a 3" row at top and bottom. I also want to add a little width so am thinking to add strips lengthwise between the center panel and the two side panels. My inclination is to keep it busy by using sections of leftover pieced binding, but I know about the eyes needing places to rest too.

If I knew who was going to be the recipient of this quilt it would be easy to make these choices, but this is the first quilt I've made without someone in mind to receive it beforehand.

Today I took a break from it and sewed up 34 kaleidoscope blocks that I've had cut out for a while and have been using as leaders and enders, so I just finished up the pile for something else to work on. LOL I can't post photos of them yet, but will once they are pressed and my design wall is free.
Attached Thumbnails bhf-progress.jpg  

Last edited by wildyard; 01-20-2014 at 05:03 PM.
Old 01-20-2014, 06:14 PM

Wild yard, I can help! You can give it to me! And the eyes close in sleep, that's when they rest. Two problems solved! Lol!
Old 01-21-2014, 05:21 AM

Nancia: no wonder your hubby wants to keep that beautiful quilt, it's so cool!

JM: hope you enjoy your new machine. How exciting! Seems to me there are times for every method: Time to trot along while at the machine, then amble along handsewing in a comfy chair...

Wildyard: love to see how your blocks are working themselves up into a top. So fun to look at. Amazing how such different blocks can come together and play so well!