Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 01-02-2016, 03:12 PM

Allspots your wall hanging is beautiful! I particularly like the tiny border detail, very cute.

Also wondering, are we to list here the UFO's we wish to complete or just post as we finish. I think I will start small, I have three wall hangings to knock off the list.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:35 PM

I have started my UFO list. I'm sure there is more but these are most important.

3 quilt tops inherited from my grandmother before she passed in 2009
quilt for hubby
2 wall hangings
daughter's Sunbonnet Sue quilt

monthly postcard swap
monthly mug rug swap

Now to get started
Old 01-02-2016, 03:40 PM

I'll have to get my list together tomorrow. Seeing it black and white actually written down will probably scare me to death. After reading some of the other gals lists I see that I have neglected to include kits that have been sitting here, some for years. Also forgot the embroidered blocks that are bundled up with some of the fabric I want to use with them. I really was only counting all that was hanging up using up valuable closet space, not what was hiding in bags and boxes, such as grandmothers flower garden or cathedral windows and God only knows what else. Oh, this is even worse than I thought. I better get started right now. Please girls wish me luck, I'm going to need a lot of it.
Old 01-02-2016, 03:42 PM

I have already started this! Great motivator. I finished a wall hanging, a table runner and working on a quilt top (have to take it apart and redo the shashing color) Yes, it has only been two days - I have been busy!!! Posting pics is beyond my tech ability....but just doing it is making me happy!
Old 01-02-2016, 06:10 PM
Power Poster

It's college BB season at my house, so hand work comes out...pulled out a lot cabin quilt...small...that I started HQ years ago...I like it meaning I want to finish it...what fun to hear all the enthusiasm for getting those projects fun and done..
Old 01-02-2016, 06:14 PM

Originally Posted by Blue Bell View Post
Count me in. I have so many UFO's that it would take too long to count.
I'm in 'cuz I'm in the same boat! My problem is, I love to do the tops & so I do lots of BOM's, Mysteries. & scrappies. Always have a couple going & when those tops are finished I fold them up & put aside & start a few more again & on & on...so makes for LOTS of UFO's! I join every year, manage to finish 15-20 per year; then next year I have that many & more! Keeps me busy & I love it!!! Started working on a Quilt Guild BOM from last year that is due for showing at next month's meeting, so they will hopefully be finished in a couple days & then I will post. I've started the list for myself today! Can't wait to see everyone's finishes again this year. Last year I was doing good till life got in the way the last 6 months. Let's see how this year goes!
Old 01-02-2016, 06:22 PM

Originally Posted by allspots View Post
I have a finish to kick off the New Year! I made this wallhanging several years ago and was inspired to finish it last month after realizing it would look great in my newly painted/furnished family room. I almost had the quilting done on it by Christmas, but didn't quite get it done before having to lay it aside for the holidays. Today, I was able to sit down and finish it up. So pleased with how it turned out and it has taken its place over my sofa! I have about 10 more UFO's to plow through this year, so one a month would be a reasonable goal. The hard part will be staying the course and dividing my free time between quilting and other interests.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]539209[/ATTACH] [ATTACH=CONFIG]539210[/ATTACH]

Great finish, beautiful quilt!
Old 01-02-2016, 06:37 PM

Hi, yes I want to get on board also. I have more than five, perhaps close to fifty. Lets have fun.
Old 01-02-2016, 07:38 PM

Toot! Toot!!! Wow, great start, two projects done in two days. Congratulations, Deb Watkins! (If you wish, take pix, email them to me and i'll post for you, no problem. Just pm me for my email address.)

Originally Posted by Deb watkins View Post
I have already started this! Great motivator. I finished a wall hanging, a table runner and working on a quilt top (have to take it apart and redo the shashing color) Yes, it has only been two days - I have been busy!!! Posting pics is beyond my tech ability....but just doing it is making me happy!
Old 01-02-2016, 09:14 PM

Thank you all for the wonderful compliments on my project! Love to see what everyone else is working on and can't wait to see pictures of all your beautiful completed projects this year!

Last edited by allspots; 01-02-2016 at 09:30 PM.