Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 02-07-2016, 03:45 AM

Glojean and Veronica, pls look for a pm from me re: posting pix. Hope it helps.
Old 02-07-2016, 11:05 AM

I sandwiched 4 - that is four - quilts yesterday. Set up a long 10' table in rec room and got my binder clips and started in. I am happy with three - the fourth, well it may have to be redone. Have one more that didn't get done but that is ok. Umm I guess that means I have to start quilting..
Worked on our income taxes today and that has stressed me out enough!
Old 02-07-2016, 01:12 PM

Congrats on your first UFO finish for this year! Toot, Toot! I look forward seeing pix!

Originally Posted by Veronica View Post
This is my first UFO for 2016.
It's a half square quilt challenge for my Bee.
It feels good to complete projects.

Sorry, having trouble adding photos, need to figure this out.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:15 PM

Jaba, congratulations on the finish! Is this piece a UFO because if it is, we definitely need to give you an old Toot, Toot. Let me know!

Originally Posted by jaba View Post
terriamn that is awesome! Feels good doesn't it? Hubby helped me put a small quilt on the quilting table today and I even got it quilted. Made the flange binding and got it sewed on. It's done!!! I never sew the binding on with the machine but it worked rather well. It's small 50" x 52" but it's a start. Perfect for my new grand baby coming soon. Will photo tomorrow and post.
Old 02-07-2016, 01:19 PM

TG, that's impressive! I'm moving next door to you so you can motivate me. Too bad the fourth isn't to your liking but you'll fix it. Are they UFOs? If there are four, I'd venture a guess that at least a couple of them are. Look forward to seeing them finished.
Originally Posted by travelinggramma View Post
I sandwiched 4 - that is four - quilts yesterday. Set up a long 10' table in rec room and got my binder clips and started in. I am happy with three - the fourth, well it may have to be redone. Have one more that didn't get done but that is ok. Umm I guess that means I have to start quilting..
Worked on our income taxes today and that has stressed me out enough!

Last edited by Janice McC; 02-07-2016 at 01:20 PM. Reason: spelling as usual
Old 02-07-2016, 01:32 PM

Yes Janice it is a UFO. Pieced about a year ago, didn't need it for anything so never finished it. All from scraps that I had, so put on a border, got it quilted and sewed the binding. Feels really good to sew again after this hand surgery, still sore but it's getting better......stitches come out tomorrow I also finished 2 table runners that needed to be done, so that's 3 so far. [ATTACH=CONFIG]542159[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]542160[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]542161[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails 001.jpg   002.jpg   003.jpg  
Old 02-07-2016, 01:55 PM

Jaba, those finishes are gorgeous!!

Well, I got the borders on Glory, and just loaded her on "Beth". I'm so sick of looking at this thing that I just want to finish it and get it out of my way. Between less-than-stellar instructions, my own goof at joining the blocks the wrong way, and mis-interpreting which blocks were supposed to be "primary", I'm really not happy with this one.
But rather than throw my hands up and quit, I'm determined to get it out of my way.
Here's a pic prior to loading on the longarm...sorry for the not-so-great pic, I had to take it outside so I had plenty of light... but I also had plenty of wind!!

I'm getting everything ready (going to do a panto on this), then I'm going to settle down with some frogging while I watch the Panthers stomp the Broncos.
Attached Thumbnails glory.jpg  
Old 02-07-2016, 02:23 PM

They're wonderful, Jaba! The yellow and orange really pops against the white and I love the variegated thread you used. The swirls are a pleasant foil to the straight lines. And the table runners are lovely as well. So three finishes? A big Toot, Toot to you for pushing this train forward another few miles for February!
Originally Posted by jaba View Post
Yes Janice it is a UFO. Pieced about a year ago, didn't need it for anything so never finished it. All from scraps that I had, so put on a border, got it quilted and sewed the binding. Feels really good to sew again after this hand surgery, still sore but it's getting better......stitches come out tomorrow I also finished 2 table runners that needed to be done, so that's 3 so far. [ATTACH=CONFIG]542159[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]542160[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]542161[/ATTACH]
Old 02-07-2016, 02:32 PM

You're almost there, Leta! Good for you for hanging in. Personally, I don't know where the "mistakes" are....I think it's lovely as is. Nobody will know it isn't what you wanted unless you tell them. Will enjoy seeing it finished.
Originally Posted by letawellman View Post
...Well, I got the borders on Glory, and just loaded her on "Beth". I'm so sick of looking at this thing that I just want to finish it and get it out of my way. Between less-than-stellar instructions, my own goof at joining the blocks the wrong way, and mis-interpreting which blocks were supposed to be "primary", I'm really not happy with this one...
Old 02-07-2016, 05:12 PM

Just checking in. I have moved, I am healing from my fall but my sewing room is not set up again and I can't move much when using a walker. I would guess a few more weeks then back to the UFOs and a few baby quilts for little ones who just arrived. Didn't want folks to think I had dropped out already. One good thing about this inability to sew is.....I can't create any new UFO's!