Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
2016 UFO Challenge of the Month >

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

2016 UFO Challenge of the Month

Old 06-04-2016, 04:42 AM

Default May and Year Tallies

Time for May's tally. First, I'd like to thank Rryder, Oksewglad, Granny2cc, Jaba, Terriamn, JuanitaBean, OhCanada and Elly66 for their combined 12 UFO finishes for May! Toot, Toot! You all helped us end this month better than I expected. You kept us moving forward, on track and brought our May count to 21 finishes. That number brings this year's total to...big train whistle here...239! Congratulations to all who participated in the UFO Challenge in May, even if you didn't finish one.

OK! Who's got the first UFO finish for June???

Last edited by Janice McC; 06-04-2016 at 04:51 AM.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:36 AM

It isn't a ufo but I did finally finish the pet bom just in time to show it at the club. Now I have to finish up the bargello's before the blooming 9 patch class starts so still no ufo's for me. Maybe this fall.
Old 06-04-2016, 07:43 AM

I finished two yesterday. They were Chuggington panels for charity that I had pieced the tops over a year ago. These are going to charity. I haven't taken pics yet because I haven't done the final wash and press.
Old 06-05-2016, 01:46 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by happylab View Post
Ops, forgot the pic[ATTACH=CONFIG]550287[/ATTACH]this shows the top middle and the bottle is the backside showing the quilting.

How did you sew the dolls down? I have a lot of yardage from this doll fabric and I am not sure what to do with it.
Old 06-05-2016, 05:31 PM
Power Poster

I quilted a UFO at the quilt retreat this weekend but couldn't get the binding done. The steam iron threw up all over fabric and I have to wash it first. Will post a picture when it is complete.
Old 06-06-2016, 06:48 PM

PLEASE ADD ONE TO THE FINISH LIST!

i finally sat down and put the binding on my Giant Scrappy Swoon! The top has been finished since last summer.
It was a quilt along on this forum.

I tried donating it to my church charity quilting group last summer to sandwich and finish but the group thought it should be finished and saved for a fundraiser that might come up. So I said I would take it home and bind it. Well, it sat since last summer waiting to be bound. As I was binding it last week, I just didn't feel it was right for a fundraiser quilt so I decided to tell the church group that they should add it to their donations. (The group recently gave their 5000 th quilt to Salvation Army.). After I decided it should be donated, I read my Godson's sister's Caringbridge site and found she started hospice. She is 46 or 47 years old. Suddenly, my quilt had a destination or two. It will either go to Shelley's family or to her mother, a longtime friend of mine.

This is the second UFO within a year where I had a hard time deciding what to do with it. The other one went to a former co-worker and her husband as they were dealing with her son's issues. Most of my quilts go to the church quilting group to finish or a charity for babies where I also volunteer so it's unusual for me to struggle with giving them up. .

Connie

P.S. The specks on the first quilt are the ties and also the embroidery that I added for stability.

Old 06-07-2016, 06:46 AM

love the little butterfly heart and bird. Those are great!
Old 06-07-2016, 07:36 AM

Love the way it sparkles. Good job.

Rob
Old 06-07-2016, 07:45 AM

Congrats, Silliness for your two UFO finishes. I'll enjoy seeing the pix soon I hope. .TOOT TOOT!

Originally Posted by silliness View Post
I finished two yesterday. They were Chuggington panels for charity that I had pieced the tops over a year ago. These are going to charity. I haven't taken pics yet because I haven't done the final wash and press.
Old 06-07-2016, 07:51 AM

This is a special finish to me since I participated in jclinganrey's Giant scrappy Swoon QAL last year too. Mine remains hanging on the wall - unfinished. So congratulations to you for a fine UFO finish retiredteacher! TOOT TOOT! Love your special little quilting touches. I'm sure it will be loved whose ever hands it ends up in.
Originally Posted by retiredteacher09 View Post
PLEASE ADD ONE TO THE FINISH LIST!

i finally sat down and put the binding on my Giant Scrappy Swoon! The top has been finished since last summer.
It was a quilt along on this forum.

I tried donating it to my church charity quilting group last summer to sandwich and finish but the group thought it should be finished and saved for a fundraiser that might come up. So I said I would take it home and bind it. Well, it sat since last summer waiting to be bound. As I was binding it last week, I just didn't feel it was right for a fundraiser quilt so I decided to tell the church group that they should add it to their donations. (The group recently gave their 5000 th quilt to Salvation Army.). After I decided it should be donated, I read my Godson's sister's Caringbridge site and found she started hospice. She is 46 or 47 years old. Suddenly, my quilt had a destination or two. It will either go to Shelley's family or to her mother, a longtime friend of mine.

This is the second UFO within a year where I had a hard time deciding what to do with it. The other one went to a former co-worker and her husband as they were dealing with her son's issues. Most of my quilts go to the church quilting group to finish or a charity for babies where I also volunteer so it's unusual for me to struggle with giving them up. .

Connie

P.S. The specks on the first quilt are the ties and also the embroidery that I added for stability.