2019 Fabric Moratorium

Old 11-22-2019, 09:59 AM

It wasn't that I to buy them, but I just to buy them. I really haven't gotten any precuts in months, and this has a specific purpose, plus I can use up some of my yardage of Kansas Troubles with it, so it wasn't a totally wasted exercise of purchase. I am hoping Bluprint doesn't entice me too much this year. I am still working on last year's sales I got from them. I have 2 almost finished, and one is in the brain cells waiting its turn to come out into the open. At least my bronchitis seems to be gone and am getting my energy back. I counted my quilts I have done this year, and when the 4 that are waiting to be quilted are done, I will have made 54 quilts this year, with 2 waiting to be sandwiched, so I would say 56 for the year isn't too shabby. And 99% from stash too.

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 11-22-2019 at 10:36 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 11-22-2019, 02:17 PM

I caved too. My DH is going to definitely not be happy. I bought 6 yards of a silver/white fabric. It's for backgrounds. My white was getting low. It made me nervous. I don't like to run out of that. But, I didn't buy anything else. Plus it was 40% off with a 20% off additional coupon. So, it was a fabulous deal. Do you think that will sweeten' the deal with DH? lol. I am glad I got it now, cause next year, I am NOT even going to look at the fabric store or the sale coupons! I have a plan.....Finish, finish, finish!!! (Lot's more UFO's to complete.)
Old 11-22-2019, 02:18 PM

Originally Posted by grann of 6 View Post
It wasn't that I to buy them, but I just to buy them. I really haven't gotten any precuts in months, and this has a specific purpose, plus I can use up some of my yardage of Kansas Troubles with it, so it wasn't a totally wasted exercise of purchase. I am hoping Bluprint doesn't entice me too much this year. I am still working on last year's sales I got from them. I have 2 almost finished, and one is in the brain cells waiting its turn to come out into the open. At least my bronchitis seems to be gone and am getting my energy back. I counted my quilts I have done this year, and when the 4 that are waiting to be quilted are done, I will have made 54 quilts this year, with 2 waiting to be sandwiched, so I would say 56 for the year isn't too shabby. And 99% from stash too.
Great job Sue!! You give so much of yourself to others through your quilts. That's a lot of love and comfort! I am so glad to hear your feeling better.
Old 11-22-2019, 02:20 PM

Oh, tsk tsk, and here I was going to give Grann a one-time bronchitis exemption.

But see, Judith proves the point that sometimes they basically force us to get some of these things...
Old 11-22-2019, 02:29 PM

Iceblssom, you bring so much joy to my life with your humor. I was going to give myself the exemption, but decided I might need it more next week when Bluprint starts taunting me with their bargains. I am going to have to find homes for more of my quilts because I can't fit any more in the twin closets in the little back bedroom. Trouble is, they are like children, how do you give them up?????
Old 11-22-2019, 02:46 PM

I've been scouring my stash for lights and backs, they're getting scarce. Almost 1 yr ago, I bout a Bernina and a pkg of fabric came with it. Wasn't real happy with the collection so I put it aside. Been cleaning. Guess what it 2 yrds each of several whites and golds. Perfect to macth my stash.
Old 11-22-2019, 03:03 PM

Originally Posted by petthefabric View Post
I've been scouring my stash for lights and backs, they're getting scarce. Almost 1 yr ago, I bout a Bernina and a pkg of fabric came with it. Wasn't real happy with the collection so I put it aside. Been cleaning. Guess what it 2 yrds each of several whites and golds. Perfect to macth my stash.
Pet, that is an awesome find. I'm happy for you.
Old 11-22-2019, 05:10 PM

It is really late to join this for 2019, but I have already decided next year I'm not buying fabric for anything except for backing and (maybe) binding. I have enough fabric for planned projects I want to get through before I buy anything else. My main purchases will be thread, needles, and rotary blades, hopefully.

I am already going through my email and taking myself off of certain mailing lists...if I don't look at it I can't be tempted to buy it!
Old 11-22-2019, 06:43 PM

Originally Posted by origamigoldfish View Post
It is really late to join this for 2019, but I have already decided next year I'm not buying fabric for anything except for backing and (maybe) binding. I have enough fabric for planned projects I want to get through before I buy anything else. My main purchases will be thread, needles, and rotary blades, hopefully.

I am already going through my email and taking myself off of certain mailing lists...if I don't look at it I can't be tempted to buy it!
It's never too late to join. And, the thread will continue again next year. So, you can always check back and join us then too. I know this group really did help me. Where I didn't completely stop buying fabric, It did lead me to make more mindful purchases.
Old 11-23-2019, 04:38 AM

I agree with Judith, it's never too late to join in. The more the merrier. While I did not totally STOP buying fabric, I have been more thoughtful when I do make a purchase. I have been quite successful in reducing the stash. And I hope this next year will be even more successful. I am going to do the fabric diary thing, hoping that if I see it on paper it will have a greater effect on my buying or not buying.