2019 Fabric Moratorium

Old 03-02-2019, 04:36 PM

Hi Plee, there is always room on the wagon! It really was a great feeling when I signed up. I'm working very hard to make dents and paths through my stash by not giving into the temptations that abound in the ads, emails, etc. with all the wonderful sales. Together, we will survive using stash only!! You have lots of company here!

Here's best wishes for you to continue to heal, get stronger, and return to your sewing and quilting!!!
Old 03-02-2019, 04:44 PM
Power Poster

Another welcome to you Plee! I've been a member at least a couple of years now...I hope I'm to the point of being on a maintenance part of the "program". I still have slip ups, but I'm only human!
Old 03-02-2019, 05:47 PM

Welcome, Plee!

I'm afraid I fell off the wagon today. I found a sale on reproduction fabrics - my all-time favorite - and I caved. But I only bought 3 yards and a charm pack, and my next quilt will be a Civil War reproduction, so it's not like I'm just adding to stash. Well, maybe it is, considering all the repro fabrics I've already bought.
Old 03-02-2019, 05:50 PM

Welcome, Plee! This is a fun group!

Mary Christine: Here's a hand up. Have fun with your new fabrics.
Old 03-02-2019, 08:53 PM
Power Poster

Since the New Year I have acquired 13 1/2 yds of fabric..oh dear...I've confessed to my falls earlier. Tonight I put the final binding stitches on a quilt for my GS. I did buy the Minky backing, but used 3 1/2 yards of scrap for the top and 1/2 yd for binding from stash. That means I've got a + of 7 1/2 yards. Guess I'd better get another quilt done to get that lowered. I'll try to get a picture tomorrow.
Old 03-03-2019, 05:28 AM

Are you kidding us... 13 yards!!?! Quick guys! Get the rope! We've got somebody here that needs to be tied on this wagon!!!
Old 03-03-2019, 05:42 AM
Power Poster

Silly Susan, I've got lots of WIP's and PHD's, and since I only count fabric out when I finish a project, the remaining 7 1/2 yards will quickly disappear into thin air...I mean a quilt! That's my story and I'm sticking to it!
Old 03-03-2019, 05:51 AM

Old Blue- vintage truck in a field of flowers - still placing floral embellishments. Have a deadline of March 31 to be done. I kept finding florals in stash as I cut down the stacks and empty scrap cubbies.
Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Which LH pattern did you make? "Abilene" found it's way to my house..
Old 03-03-2019, 05:51 AM

Well, I "acquired" several yards of fabric this weekend. No, I did not buy it, but my quilting friend "pays me" with fabric for quilting her quilts on my longarm for her. She went to our favorite LQS and bought fabric from the $5 a yard bin. Not sure how much, haven't measured it yet, but there is probably 10 yards. She knows my tastes, so it will get used at some point. I already have one piece picked out for a future quilt. She and another quilting friend were impressed at how there are actually some empty spaces in my layer cake drawer and my jelly roll drawer.

I was working on the Metro Rings and got so burned out from the trimming and sewing and trimming that I had to start a brainless project. So every once in a while I make a couple Dutch pinwheel blocks from 4 charm packs I had in the stash, also using stash layer cakes cut into charms for the background fabric. And I even found some stash fabric that will make great borders and backing. So all is evening out.
Old 03-03-2019, 06:06 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by AUQuilter View Post
Old Blue- vintage truck in a field of flowers - still placing floral embellishments. Have a deadline of March 31 to be done. I kept finding florals in stash as I cut down the stacks and empty scrap cubbies.
Oh that's sweet...we had an old blue Chevy truck. It was my FIL's...our 4 kids all learned to drive in it...went to the fields to help pick up stray hay bales...into the pasture to check on new baby calves. Lots of memories.