2019 Fabric Moratorium

Old 03-17-2019, 07:11 PM

Wow, Susan....that is amazing that you've used so much of your stash....yet you have so much more...lol!! You are doing great! I have a roll,of batting but I'm not cutting into it until I use up the scrap batting. I have used one shopping bag full already...just 2 more to go..
Old 03-18-2019, 01:30 AM

Ok, so I'm glad you all are doing well on not buying more fabric. I however am still buying fabric like a desperate person needing a drink or fix. Bought 24 yards in January. And only 10 yards in February. It's March and I've bought 14 yards. I need all that fabric. Have absolutely no plans to get rid of any of it, even the little scraps. Have 2 more yards in a cart that I will look at again.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:24 AM

Oh, Sewingitalltogether! What are we to do?! Maybe, like we did last year to some people, we could start putting some of those penalties on you... like 10 push-ups for every yard you buy!! We've tried to be nice and grab you and pull you back on the wagon, but So Many Yards!! Oh my....! Maybe it's time for a little tough love!

Last edited by SillySusan; 03-18-2019 at 03:31 AM.
Old 03-18-2019, 03:35 AM

I slipped on the banana peel again. I ordered 2 layer cakes to replace ones that I just used up. I like keeping Miniature Gatherings on hand to use for backgrounds, so I ordered another one of those and also Miniature Floral Gatherings. I just made a bunch of HSTs for a pinwheel quilt and nearly used up the tiny blenders.
Old 03-18-2019, 05:33 AM
Power Poster

Oh Oh..hope you can all stay strong.
I've been working in stash. I have a couple of cow quilts going..the first I had bought fabrics for last summer..so it's relatively new stash. The second is from old stash so feel good about working on that.

Meanwhile on the kid front, I had 10 yo GD sew on some squares as practice sewing before she works on her pillowcases. She isn't very experienced and pairing up these is giving her more confidence. The 13 yo has all quilt pieces cut and has started on a leader/ender project to boost her confidence. E's l/e project was prompted by some 3 1/2" horse themed squares I had a while ago from scraps. She ran out of squares so I dug out the rest of the larger chunks of fabrics and am now cutting a small tub into sized pieces. Not what I planned to do, but this will help get some fabrics used up because I now have usable plans for these stash fabrics. Off I go....

Last edited by QuiltnNan; 03-18-2019 at 07:48 AM. Reason: shouting/all caps
Old 03-18-2019, 02:44 PM

I am so tickled to see the updates on your grandkids quilting adventures!
Old 03-18-2019, 04:38 PM

Love the purple "star", IceBlossom.
Remember I told you about buying 7+ yards of a fabric I use a lot for backings? Well, I've used 3.5 yards on a quilt I just quilted. So half gone. So far this month I've used 17 from stash. Some of the pics are on the Virtual Quilting thread Post 94: Virtual Quilting Weekend--March 14-17, 2019.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:16 AM

I did succumb to allure of thrift store buys this past week, got several yards in scraps (various sizes) of a really sweet Daisy Kingdom Easter fabric in those not quite pastel Easter egg colors. I know just what I will do with it, it's large scale and I will make simple snowball blocks and then tie in those not-quiet pastels for the corners of the blocks and alternating 9-patches in the same fabrics.. The other piece is about 1.5 yards of a lovely tan back ground with feathers that was one of the Northcott Quilt for a Cure line. Both were $1.99 each.

Other than that I'm plugging along, hubby being home sick has adjusted some of what I planned to do. Even though we've all had our flu shots in my small group (hubby didn't get shot, got flu instead -- funny how that works) one of the ladies is going in for a procedure next week and I am going to keep any germs I may have lurking on me away from her. Hubby hopes to go back to work on Wednesday, I'm figuring he should still stay home. Still planning on going out to my Mom's today and checking out those thrift stores normally so far away from me No guarantees, I am in a retail therapy sort of mood. I can just hope there isn't anything to tempt me.

One of the stacks of stash I've been looking at is my civil war fabrics. I have probably 3 quilts worth of fabric in there -- I've think I've decided on one quilt, and am getting more committed to a second one. I've decided what I'm going to do with my excess 2.5" squares -- giving them away is still an option! But I have a plan at least for the ones I cut before I decided to use my Y2K squares.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:47 PM

I'm having a fabulous fabric moratorium this month. I went to Joann's yesterday, browsed the fabric, found nothing I needed, and walked out with only the buttons I needed. Then I went to Hobby Lobby, did the same, and only bought the basting spray I needed. That is all I have purchased this month for quilting.

Yarn is a whole different story, lol.
Old 03-19-2019, 07:51 PM

Well done, JJ!!!

I purchased 2 FQ's I needed to make a wall hanging for the board swap. You know...when an idea sticks in your head and the perfect fabric is visualized..nothing else will do... Lol..