2019 Fabric Moratorium

Old 03-21-2019, 07:09 PM

Retiredteach....excellent finish and...well done on using up orphan blocks. If I ever have any orphans, I give to the church ladies... Lol..

OK...have fun with sis!!

I have some fabrics leftover from my vintage quilt (which I just finished top today) so I'm going to make a 2nd quilt for donation. Not sure what yet but I'm lookin at patterns and sizes to use it all up...
Old 03-22-2019, 02:43 PM

I needed 4 yds of backing from stash and the only fabric I had that matched that was not packed was this.... Whew!!! I love it when that happens... No shopping for me. Woohoo!!
Attached Thumbnails image.jpeg  
Old 03-22-2019, 04:09 PM

What a pretty fabric too!
Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Retiredteach....excellent finish and...well done on using up orphan blocks. If I ever have any orphans, I give to the church ladies... Lol..

OK...have fun with sis!!

I have some fabrics leftover from my vintage quilt (which I just finished top today) so I'm going to make a 2nd quilt for donation. Not sure what yet but I'm lookin at patterns and sizes to use it all up...
Old 03-22-2019, 04:20 PM

Great finish! Congratulations retiredteach!
Old 03-22-2019, 04:45 PM

That is a great use of orphan blocks. Great finish. I have such a hard time on buying fabric. I bought some but for a project yesterday. I do not buy cute fabric right now. Too tempting and I have plenty at home. I did go crazy at the free table at a guild meeting yesterday

I am making a quilt for a graduation present. I had the graduate over to decide on binding and we found some from my stash. Also, I will make the backing from stash.
Old 03-22-2019, 04:46 PM

Yay Teen that the fabric was available and not packed away. I too label large pieces. I now just need to store them all in the same spot.
Old 03-22-2019, 05:39 PM

Thanks for the compliments!

ok: Enjoy your sister.

Teen: It was meant to be.

Darcyshannon: I like it that you had the graduate help pick out the binding fabric.
Old 03-22-2019, 10:52 PM

I am doing my penance for buying the fabric mentioned above. I let myself get roped into making a dragon out of “minky” for my SIL birthday next month. I love the feel of “minky”, but making stuffed animals with it is a whole new skill set. I will post pictures when it is finished. Wish me luck. 😳
Old 03-23-2019, 03:18 AM

Retiredteacher: Nice use of scraps and donated blocks, love the design of strips as the way to use them. It came out lovely.

madamekelley: Please do post pics, I'm excited to see this dragon,I can only imagine how adorable it will be done in minky, and can imagine it will be a whole new skill set learned. I sew with minky for backing, but only during the summer months (I live in Maine) when I can cut and shake it out outside. I will usually use the birthing method when I do sew with minky for less mess at the sewing machine, and on the floor!! But agree with you and many others, love the feel.
Old 03-23-2019, 03:28 AM

Teen-great find on fabric! Looks like there was plenty. You even have a remnant.
Madamekelly-I’ll be interested to see a minky dragon. (My phone wanted to change that to ‘kinky’ dragon!)
Ok-enjoy your visit.
Darcy-I went overboard on the free yarn at my knit group. A woman brought in several tubs of yarn for us. She is down-sizing to an RV from a big house & really had to cull her collection. She was sad, but wanted it used by people who appreciate it & will donate items made with it in our area.