2020 UFO Challenge

Old 12-30-2020, 11:17 PM

Hahahahaha......alrighty then...I have a plan..
Old 12-31-2020, 04:05 AM

My attack on my UFO's for 2020 has come to an end. I leave the year with at least 7 ready to finish in 2021 and there may be more lurking in hidden places trying to hide out for a few more months. What will I be doing this New Year's Eve? I will be adding the binding to a UFO. See y'all next year same place, same goal of getting those UFO's off my "To Do List".
Old 12-31-2020, 04:34 AM

I am going to try to finish my quilted yoga mat bag today.I've been quiet on here because of an RA flare and I've done little to no sewing. If I don't get it done by tonight, can I ask for a 3 week sewing extension of 2020?

BTW, does anyone else's computer see the posts by 'her' as garbled or is it just me?
Old 12-31-2020, 05:00 AM

Originally Posted by mcadwell View Post
I am going to try to finish my quilted yoga mat bag today.I've been quiet on here because of an RA flare and I've done little to no sewing. If I don't get it done by tonight, can I ask for a 3 week sewing extension of 2020?

BTW, does anyone else's computer see the posts by 'her' as garbled or is it just me?
I also see garbled posts just before yours & WMUTeach's posts. The board's format seems to have changed, & maybe that messed up some posts.
Between K & me, we completed 30 UFOs this year. We wont be that productive again since many of what we completed were years old from hear daughter's closet. No more hide in there now, & we only have 4 tops from her to complete in 2021. I will roll into the new year with 1 quilt I cut out just before I packed my old house to move, & another I've planned since last Feb for this new house. I have all I need for this quilt, except a definite pattern. In the meantime, I have 2 quilt tops in progress. I should have all day to sew today, because our temps are right at freezing point & it's raining. No driving on icy roads for me! I'll be in all day.
Old 12-31-2020, 05:02 AM

Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post
I also see garbled posts just before yours & WMUTeach's posts. The board's format seems to have changed, & maybe that messed up some posts.
Between K & me, we completed 30 UFOs this year. We wont be that productive again since many of what we completed were years old from hear daughter's closet. No more hide in there now, & we only have 4 tops from her to complete in 2021. I will roll into the new year with 1 quilt I cut out just before I packed my old house to move, & another I've planned since last Feb for this new house. I have all I need for this quilt, except a definite pattern. In the meantime, I have 2 quilt tops in progress. I should have all day to sew today, because our temps are right at freezing point & it's raining. No driving on icy roads for me! I'll be in all day.
30...??? Wow, just wow. That's more than 2 per month. I am in awe
Old 12-31-2020, 10:59 AM

Well done, Conchalea.....and you appeared to have a blast with K in the process. To me, that is what really counts..

WMUteach....you done good, too! You’ll probably be the first UFO for 2021...woohoo!

mcadwell....hope the RA improves for you. That is nasty pain. Just a bit at a time and rest the hands....

Happy New Years, my lovely friends! I pray this coming year is safe and productive for you and that the separation from your loved ones diminishes with each day! Hugs!
Old 12-31-2020, 03:47 PM

Well, I finally finished a UFO. And just in time for 2020. All quilting got backed up due to need for a part for LA.
The quilt finished was from a guild class in nov of 2018.
The next UFO has 1 pass on the LA done and I'm planning to go out and finish it now. It's almost 4PM here, so there's still 8 hours. Although I could start celebrating now because it's 2021 somewhere. Break out the champagne.
Old 12-31-2020, 03:49 PM

I will post for 2021's UFO Challenge after I complete this post. I hope we can all power through even more UFO's tucked away in closets or on back shelves, or deep in storage totes. Happy New Year's, every one!
Old 01-01-2021, 09:01 AM
Power Poster

Here's the thread for 2021--Happy New Year all.

UFO Challenge for 2021
Old 01-01-2021, 09:03 AM

Thanks, oksewglad, for the link.

Happy New Year everyone.