2020 UFO Challenge

Old 01-18-2020, 05:46 AM

Default Good morning everyone

Good chilly Saturday morning, everyone. The weather is still playing hobbit around here, so I am still in and trying to move toward complete some more 12" blocks and I am getting motivated toward that binding project.

Belfrybat, your finishes look great my favorite is the 'strip quilt,' congratulation

Sewbiz, your finishes are awesome, too

Happy sewing day everyone

cherryb
Old 01-18-2020, 05:59 AM

Great quilt finishes, ladies. Snow is expected to start any time now. I'll be sewing rows of my 4 patch/indian hatchet blocks together, about 8 done, 8 more to go. Then I'll have to hunt up some backing fromt he stash, and get it prepped for the longarm. I would love to add another finish to our tally.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:12 AM

I love how you quilted around the little children, Sewbizgirl! Lovely finishes, everyone! I'm looking forward to being able to show mine off; just need to finish them first! 😊
​​
Old 01-18-2020, 06:45 AM

I am frustrated! I have spent the last half hour looking for a UFO that has disappeared into the abyss of my sewing studio! I know it is here I just don't know where it has taken off to??? This was my plan for the VQW and I thought on the blizzardy day I could be accomplishing something very important. At least I can go outdoors so the snow is coming down so hard. We are suppose to get around 9" and the wind is heavy. A very desolate day for sure. I am ready to rock and roll on it but never counted on having to hunt for it. Well back to the hunt if a few minutes. Break time and QB time.
Old 01-18-2020, 10:22 AM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
Here are some UFOs I finally finished....
Those are Awesome!

Belfrybat Congrats on the 2 finishes!
Old 01-18-2020, 11:56 AM

Sewbiz....gorgeous finishes. I love love the patriotic one. Well done!

I took one UFO and my latest quilt to LA today. Yea! She said she's pretty quick so maybe get back both next week. Got the back prepped for the Daisy UFO I forgot about so I'll be taking that to her when I pick up these two. Refuse to start another quilt project until these are all binded and done.
Old 01-18-2020, 12:29 PM

I'm so excited! Another UFO almost done. the top and borders are finished, just have to iron the backing and get it ready for the longarm. That will give me 4 to do next week. I have the fabric for binding too. And this makes a double whammy because it is also a stash buster. i'll PM you, zozee when I get it quilted.
Old 01-18-2020, 03:01 PM

Have been piecing a top and sticking in a 365 block every now and then, So am working on one of the UFO's. Slow but sure gets the UFO's finished!
Old 01-18-2020, 04:28 PM

Happylab - great quilts. I love the way you use dark colours in the first one.
Sewbiz -- wow! On your finishes. The RWB one is stunning. What is the name of the pattern for the last one? The one with four patches and strips?

Last edited by Belfrybat; 01-18-2020 at 04:30 PM.
Old 01-18-2020, 06:46 PM

Lovely finishes, sewbizgirl!

juliasb: I hope you found your lost UFO. Nothing more frustrating than looking, looking, and looking and still not finding the item.