2020 UFO Challenge

Old 01-24-2020, 04:33 PM

Thank you for the compliments on my quilt.

Dedemac: There are 7 regulars in the quilting group plus me. I usually get there when I am not subbing. One is younger than me and one I’m not sure of her age but the other 5 are older than my 67 years and the oldest is 87. She is the one that sews down the binding with the industrial machine. I tried to use it but it doesn’t like me. Lol!
Old 01-25-2020, 10:33 AM

Good day UFO'ers, hooray!, I finally finished one of the oldest UFO's that I have in my possession. It's that one I've been writing about for the last six or eight months on this thread and on the "VQW" thread. Finally the binding is Done. I've ripped the binding out at least three times in the last two weeks.

I started this project when I first started to quilt. I was going to hand piece it and I did get all the 4-patches completed in that manner. Then it got put away and stored until years later, and I started to machine piece. Then once again life placed it into storage. Lately I relieved it again. It's a cute little yellow/blue 4-patch with an alternate 4 inch block, child size quilt. Where I originally purchased the fabric has changed business owner twice. Yes, it's twenty years old at least.

The attended recipient is an adult and I think he is serving in the military. Sorry, we no longer are in contact. I am planning on connecting with his grandmother and forwarding to her.

The quilt is completed with hand piecing, machine piecing, and long-arm quilting and machine binding. With the aid of my hands, my 401A (1959), my FW221 (1938 & 1952). Done

Happy sewing day everyone

cherryb
Old 01-25-2020, 10:39 AM

Default Up to 26 now

With Grannof 6’s and cherry’s additions since last update, our group tally stands at 26 !

Wow! Who will take us to 27 and who will take us over?
Old 01-25-2020, 10:52 AM

Congrats on the finish Cherryb!

I’m still plugging away at the UFO I though would be finished last week. Almost done quilting the center section, then need to quilt the borders, but those should go more quickly. Hope to have it done by end of the month!

Rob
Old 01-25-2020, 11:12 AM

Well, I got the bias binding made for the last of the wall hangings that had been sitting around and it is officially finished. So that should take us to 27. Now I get to treat myself to a new project using stash. I have it all picked out.
and the fabric chosen.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:01 PM

Yes, indeed, Grann. Your latest finish this afternoon brings us to 27 !! Thanks!

Now go enjoy that new start as a treat!
Old 01-25-2020, 12:16 PM

Congratulations on the finishes, people. That is awesome. 27...wow! very cool...

Occupying myself with small projects until I get my quilts back from LA'r...and designing my quilt for our bedroom. Made another fabric basket …. purple this time.... in my organizing efforts so now my purple is all organized. keeping busy but ready to start a new quilt.
Old 01-25-2020, 12:42 PM

So many finishes, congrats everyone! And I hope to add one of mine before the end of January, because I have just finished the top and pinned the sandwich. Tomorrow I am going to quilt it.
Old 01-25-2020, 06:03 PM

Cherrybsixty and grann of 6: Congratulations on the finishes!
Old 01-25-2020, 07:17 PM

Congratulations to everyone who made the goal!!! I'm riding in the caboose of this UFO train. I'll get a finish one day, but I'm not stressing over it yet. My life has just gotten so busy with the little ones lately. I try for 15 minutes a day sewing.