2020 UFO Challenge

Old 03-16-2020, 04:04 PM

Here in California d/t covid-19 we're shutting down. Most group meetings have been cancelled, schools closed. Notices are ariving hourly. Plus it's snowing. I want to get into the garden-oh well!

Great time for quilting.

Oh and because dh is over 65 he's been told not to come to work. He's trying to do some inside neglected chores.
Old 03-16-2020, 04:06 PM
Power Poster

Vasilisa, I'm sure your wedding day will be memorable for you and your groom... Later on, after life returns to normal, you can have a wedding party and invite friends. Would love to see a few pictures of you in your dress, you and your groom, etc.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:15 PM

Vasilisa: Live streaming is a great option.

petthefabric: Interesting that your dh was told not to come to work because he is over 65. I wonder if school had not been cancelled here in MN, if that would have been the case for me since I’m also over 65. I am a substitute and hadn’t decided if I was canceling out of my days by the time the decision to close was announced. I was relieved to get that call.

Not much sewing on my UFO today. I stayed up way too late into this morning reading. Lol! I did get my kitchen counters washed and organized, however.

Last edited by retiredteacher09; 03-16-2020 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-16-2020, 06:40 PM

I don't think I'll get a UFO done this month. It's been crazy here, with all three children getting sick and keep passing it around each other. Now all three are on different antibiotics, so hopefully things will return to somewhat normal soon. I need a break for one day! I read of these quilters on Bonnie Hunter's Facebook group being self quarantined and sewing the days away. I wish I could sew all day.
Old 03-16-2020, 09:23 PM
Power Poster

No sewing on quilts today but I did work on a little sundress and bloomers for my granddaughter to wear this summer. She and her parents and uncle (our kids) were here for the weekend, and my daughter picked out patterns and fabric for 4 or 5 summer outfits. I love sewing for this baby! She looks so cute in everything.

Day 1 of my 'self quarantine'... and I'm already bored. Tomorrow I have to venture out to get my shots for hives, and then I'm back to my quarantine. Hubby is high risk, so we have to be careful.

Stay safe, everyone! And enjoy your down time.

NZ, hope the kids recover quickly so you can relax, too!
Old 03-17-2020, 01:33 PM

NZ....hoping the munchkins rebound swiftly and you can catch a break soon. Haven't heard if hubbie is better but hoping for that too.

Sewing and playing outside preparing planter boxes for the last freeze so I can plant some life around us soon. Got my bulbs ready...

Keep safe, my friends.
Old 03-17-2020, 01:36 PM

Originally Posted by sewbizgirl View Post
No sewing on quilts today but I did work on a little sundress and bloomers for my granddaughter to wear this summer. She and her parents and uncle (our kids) were here for the weekend, and my daughter picked out patterns and fabric for 4 or 5 summer outfits. I love sewing for this baby! She looks so cute in everything.

Day 1 of my 'self quarantine'... and I'm already bored. Tomorrow I have to venture out to get my shots for hives, and then I'm back to my quarantine. Hubby is high risk, so we have to be careful.

Stay safe, everyone! And enjoy your down time.

NZ, hope the kids recover quickly so you can relax, too!
Would love to see the outfits you've made your precious baby, Sewbiz... They are like little dolls at this age and so fun to dress them.
Old 03-17-2020, 04:24 PM

NZQuilter: I’m sorry your girls are sick. Sending prayers for them to feel better and some time for you to relax.

sewbizgirl: I understand bored.

Last week, the school district where I sub was on Spring Break through yesterday. I kept a pretty low profile the few times I was out and about. Now school is cancelled through the 27th so I have made a list of things to do through Thursday this week. Today was sweep/mop floors and clean the glass on my patio door. They are still a little grimy on the outside but better than before. I did sew some also. The list is so I will do some housework rather than sew on my unexpected days off. Lol!

I miss my school and quilting friends but am choosing only to go out for the necessities.

Stay healthy!
Old 03-18-2020, 07:44 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Teen View Post
Would love to see the outfits you've made your precious baby, Sewbiz... They are like little dolls at this age and so fun to dress them.
Ok, I will post photos as I get them completed.
Old 03-18-2020, 04:41 PM
Power Poster

Teen, here is the first outfit for my grandbaby, Ivy. It doesn't have the buttons on yet. It has matching bloomers that didn't make it into the picture.
Attached Thumbnails img_0256.jpg   img_0258.jpg