2020 UFO Challenge

Old 08-01-2020, 06:36 AM
Power Poster

Okay...some people have a lot of steam to keep surging forward on UFO pile! Wow Conchalea...I'm tired from reading your accomplishments.

I've been working on a couple of RWB quilts from left over fabrics. Both sets of rail fence blocks were started quite some time ago. I think I can get them finished up this weekend!
Old 08-01-2020, 04:58 PM

Originally Posted by cherrybsixty View Post
Happy Saturday morning to everyone, Conchalea so proud of the hard work that you and K had put in those UFOs. Let K know that we are praying for a speedy recovery of that fever. You take the day off and kick your feet up and play with the cat.

Everyone that had finishes this month, congratulations

Stay safe

cherryb
I meant K has the quilting fever. We are very careful about going anywhere & always wear masks. Her husband goes to the grocery store for them, as he's healthier than she is. I apologize for giving the wrong impression.
Old 08-01-2020, 04:59 PM

Originally Posted by oksewglad View Post
Okay...some people have a lot of steam to keep surging forward on UFO pile! Wow Conchalea...I'm tired from reading your accomplishments.

I've been working on a couple of RWB quilts from left over fabrics. Both sets of rail fence blocks were started quite some time ago. I think I can get them finished up this weekend!
Good job on yuh our rail fence blocks. I've been using RWB squares as leaders/enders. I'll eventually use them in a scrappy RWB quilt.
Old 08-01-2020, 05:55 PM

This studio is getting organizied by finishing project. Got binding on 2, 5 pillow slips. Just quilted 2 UFO's. Since I don't know how long some of this has been buried out in the open, not sure if UFO's all of them. Comfort quilts is doing a collection day Aug 11, so the goal is to all those finished. They're at the quilting stage.
Old 08-01-2020, 10:16 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Conchalea View Post
Good job on yuh our rail fence blocks. I've been using RWB squares as leaders/enders. I'll eventually use them in a scrappy RWB quilt.
Any idea on how you are going to use the squares? How big are the squares? I'm sewing the 2" squares into 4P as leaders and enders, too.

Just put the last stitch on the 2" (cut) rail fence quilt. It finishes 60 x 72 with the center rail fence "medallion" 48 x 60.
Old 08-02-2020, 03:51 AM

Ok, I've been sewing the red & white pairs to blue & white pairs to make 4 patches. Each square is 2.5". Unfinished 4's are 4.5" I have no real plan yet, but so far I've been stacking 4 sets of 4 patches together & I'm making sure to always sew a 4 patch with the red square in the upper right. I have vague plans to put 4 of these sets together, rotating them so a consistent pattern shows up. I havent had real time to work on a setup for them since K & I are sewing on all the UFOs. It's just nice to know I'm getting some bonus blocks when they fit in with my current projects.
Old 08-02-2020, 04:37 AM

Conchalea, I like the idea of the RWB in four patches. That needs to go on my "to do list". I have a whole bag of RWB that is all scraps that are really too small to use in other ways. I tried. A disaster. But four patches, that I can make work. Thanks for starting my creative juices going on this Sunday morning.
Old 08-02-2020, 10:58 AM
Power Poster

I need to start 4-patching up my 2" squares, to do something with them. If we make a quilt from squares we cut years ago, is that a UFO being finished?
Old 08-02-2020, 11:38 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Sewbizgirl and petthefabric, you define what you think a UFO. 2” squares that have been sitting around for years? I’d call it a UFO. Partially completed tops lost in the chaos? I would say any quilt you put aside, find later, and that makes you say “Ihad forgotten all about that” is a UFO.
Old 08-02-2020, 02:21 PM

I agree with Krisb on the UFO theory

Stay safe everyone

cherryb