2020 UFO Challenge

Old 05-02-2020, 06:01 AM

Stunning finish, rryder!!! Goodness, your quilting is beautiful!
Old 05-02-2020, 06:02 AM

Well, I guess sewing over 150 masks was good because they got me back to the sewing machine after a nearly 5 year absence. I got diverted with lots of wonderful international photography trips but that has obviously come to a sudden halt. I got back from Norway on March 10, just in time to self quarantine at home since. I made masks for a local senior services charity which felt good to being productive at least!
So back to UFOs, I had 2 quilts back from the long armer that only needed binding to be completed, but they have been sitting for several years. I just completed the binding on both—-so that counts as a win/finish doesn’t it??? Feels like it anyway.
I have 4 or 5 other tops in various stages on incompletion, so will line them up next!
stay well everyone!!
Old 05-02-2020, 06:04 AM

Slowly, ever so slowly! I am working my way towards finishing a UFO. I have all the blocks completed and I'm marking all my quilting designs before putting the top together.
Old 05-02-2020, 06:59 AM
Power Poster

Rob, your finish is gorgeous!!!!
Old 05-02-2020, 11:10 AM

JeanneS, yes putting the binding on otherwise completed tops definitely counts as 2 UFOs finished! Congratulations on adding to the tally of completed UFOs!
Old 05-02-2020, 11:11 AM

Location: Asheville, previously Lake Vermilion, Tarpon Springs, Duluth, St Paul, Soudan

Bookworm, welcome to the group and welcome back to Jeanne, who has started May with a bang with 2 finishes! 🙌 pictures, please.

Just a friendly reminder to PM me when you declare a finish, because you define a finished UFO. You may have donated it to someone else to finish, you may have put it in the Secret Santa sale at your local quilt shop to raise money for charity, you may have given in and put it on the “take it” table at your guild. How it assumes status as no longer your UFO, it is no longer your UFO. Whenever that is, please PM me, so I don’t have to guess on your intentions. If you are like me and doggedly insist on finishing it down to the last stitch in the binding, that is OK, too. It is your decision.

Today is bright, sunny and warm in beautiful WNC. Finished the top for the Fractured Sapphire Star by implementing a design decision. Will explain when I post the pic of the finished quilt. Time to go sit on the porch and do my weekly meal planning. When I come back in, it will be time to do more layout on the OBW of Split Rock.
Old 05-02-2020, 12:49 PM

OK, so I know it has been awhile since I have posted any photos, but I can't figure out how to do it now. There used to be an icon with a tree in a square that we could click on to get to a photo on our computer. But I can't find that now. How do we post a photo? I looked at the icon that looks like a postcard but it wants an URL which I don't have. Just photos on my computer. Boy I hate being tech challenged.
Old 05-02-2020, 04:32 PM

Jeanne S: Welcome back! For pictures, I write my post and then hit the Go Advanced button. Then I choose the paper clip and go from there to choose my picture. I post from an iPad. Congratulations on your 2 finishes.
Old 05-02-2020, 05:00 PM

Rob....beautiful finish...quilting is amazing.

Cherry....hugs, darlin! So sorry to hear of the loss of your friends. I hate that we lost so many to this stupid virus.

Old 05-02-2020, 06:14 PM
Power Poster

That's a cool quilt, Rob. So modern.

I'm considering this a UFO because I've had the fabric and pattern picked for it for over a year. Finally dug in and cut a second one out, too. These are "lovey" blankets for policemen to carry in their trunks and give to kids they encounter in trauma. Been wanting to do this for a long time.

Attached Thumbnails img_0314.jpg