2020 UFO Challenge

Old 06-05-2020, 05:21 PM

Hello everyone, I made the connect, the road trip down went as smoothly as possible. We had a little tire trouble around Nashville, but we arrived in Atlanta proper around 9:30pm Sunday evening. I had to let more things go to the storage than I planned, that's how life is sometimes. I haven't got the sewing room all set up but I am working on it. There is a couple of things I'd love to have in it, once again that's life. When I do get to that point I want to have pix and post them. Lovely finishes for everyone for May. Hope that I get set up in time to get in on that 20 count challenge for June

Stay safe everyone

cherryb

Last edited by cherrybsixty; 06-05-2020 at 05:23 PM.
Old 06-05-2020, 07:34 PM
Power Poster

Good to hear from you, Cherry. Glad that move went well!
Old 06-06-2020, 02:17 PM

I'm glad your move went well, Cherry. Even when smooth, a move is disruptive
Old 06-06-2020, 02:23 PM
Power Poster

I’ve spent the past couple days cleaning- organizing my sewing room, I have a couple pressing projects I need to get done ( like last week) but I just couldn’t continue in the clutter- mess I had created.
while making great progress I organized the UFOs still there. I have (2) stacks, one has 6 quilts in it- they are all pieced, ready for quilting. The other stack has 5 that still need something done to be ready for quilting. A couple just need final borders, a couple need some blocks yet. There has been progress- I’ve completed, quilted, bound, gifted I think 4 that were ufos and I’ve made 3 start to finish that were needed, and I’ve quilted 3or 4 customer quilts. Along with getting 5 of the 6 ready for quilting to that point - 1=was already there but I haven’t done it yet.
I have to hem 4 curtains tomorrow and I need probably 2 more days of cleaning / purging before I will be ready to continue on- but I’m pretty happy to have that quilting stack only 6 and the other 5 really don’t need a lot of work to finish the tops.
I am feeling like this challenge has really kept me working on finishing up- only doing something new when it was necessary and I did those clear through start to finish & gone. No new UFOs. ( of course we are only half way through the year) but I truly am going to try to not make any UFOs this year. When I start something- finish it.
Old 06-06-2020, 07:06 PM

cherrybsixty: I’m very glad you got to your new home safely.

ckcowl: I totally understand needing to stop and clean up the clutter at times. A few days ago, I was proud my cutting/ironing area was starting to look good but, unfortunately, I got sidetracked with a few projects I wanted to work on and the mess increased! So back to square one.

Old 06-07-2020, 01:54 AM

Good morning everyone, thank you for your kind words and glad that the move really wasn't that bad. But I do wish that I was a little farther along on having my sewing room ready. Patience is the key, now I am envious of you Ladies with your busy S/R, that mean you got something going on (your busy). To be creatively-busy now, what a dream. Sorry, I may use you UFO'ers as a sounding board until I am established as a piercer again.

Looking forward to seeing some good finishes everyone, don't let me down

Stay safe

cherryb
Old 06-07-2020, 06:34 AM

Rff1010- cute quilt, congratulations on getting it done!

Cherrybsixty- Glad to hear the move has gone well. You'll be up and sewing in no time.

Ckcowl- sounds like something I need to do- the cleaning up, that is. Right now, I've got a bunch of different projects going and my sewing area looks like a fabric and thread bomb went off in it. Glad to hear the UFO challenge is working for you. But remember, you will need to have some UFOs for next year ....

Still working on my Big Butterfly thread painting UFO-, but also have another UFO that is mashed together from two unfinished projects and leftovers from another that I really want to get going on.

Rob
Old 06-14-2020, 05:21 PM
Power Poster

Default Farmer's Wife 1930's Quilt

At long last I took the tall stack of finished 1930's blocks down off the shelf and put it together. Today I finished the quilting and bound it.. Done Deal!!
This is from the Farmer's Wife QAL here on the board. It was about 4? years ago that we were making these blocks, all paper pieced and all fabrics from my 30's collection, plus solids. Some of them are real feedsacks.

The first pic is the whole quilt, and then some closer-ups.
Attached Thumbnails img_0371.jpg   img_0372.jpg   img_0374.jpg  
Old 06-14-2020, 06:00 PM

Congratulations, sewbizgirl! It is a lovely quilt.
Old 06-14-2020, 06:17 PM

Great finish SBG!!! One of these days I'll have my FW 30s quilt to share.