Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL >

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Affairs of the Heart by Aie Rossman QAL

Old 12-09-2014, 04:54 PM

@Macy, looking fabulous! I won't be able to do my test block until Christmas vacation but I am considering doing one on machine and one by hand to see which process I like better.

@Anoka, ooh, I've never tried dying my own fabrics! That sounds amazing, good luck!
Old 12-10-2014, 03:13 PM

I just found this thread. Oh what a beautiful quilt and so tempting to join you as that is the only way I think I could do it. I love the quilt so will order the book. Really don't need a another project to work on but think all I would have to buy is background fabric.
Old 12-11-2014, 01:01 PM

I got an email saying my fabric order finally shipped - with an expected delivery date of Monday. . . so I'll have to be patient a bit longer. However I think I'm going back to my original plan of using my machine satin stitch. I tried with the small pieces for block one, and I don't think I'm going to be able to get the look I was after trying to turn and topstitch them.
Old 12-11-2014, 05:06 PM

Macy, try a machine blanket stitch, it turns out really well. What machine do you have?
Old 12-11-2014, 05:10 PM

Has anyone here made this in wool? I was down at the local quilt shop and her selection of wool colors is amazing.
Wool yardage is $$$$ for the background . Has anyone used an alternative?
Old 12-11-2014, 06:01 PM

Originally Posted by trish b View Post
Macy, What machine do you have?
Oh, that is a dangerous question to ask me . . .

I don't care for the look of the blanket stitch and much prefer a very dense satin stitch. I have enough machines that if I think one is not doing a nice job, I try a different one.
Old 12-11-2014, 07:49 PM

Got the book today. Wow, that is a lot of applique. Should prove to be a very interesting quilt.
Old 12-12-2014, 07:27 AM

Ever have a quilt sort of - get away from you? I've had it happen a few times, where I have an idea what I'm after, but as I start collecting fabric and putting things together, the quilt goes off in a different direction. I realize this quilt has done that to me - I really wanted to try staying with cream/gold and black, but it's turned into gold with lots of pretty colors and patterns. I love the way it's going, however it's NOT what I wanted, and I still want to try the other color plan too.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:12 AM

I had a quilt totally escape! I was entranced by the La Passion hexagon quilt - http://gritslife1.blogspot.com/p/hexagonquilt.html bought the fabric and hexagons, was raring to go but had a larger project in the works before the hexagon one. By the time i finished I had found a totally different quilt I wanted to do and the hexagon is still just a bunch of bookmarks on my pc.
Old 12-12-2014, 09:53 AM

Macy, I just started putting together a test block in blacks, whites, and silvers and I think that to me at least, my quilt will look better with lots of varied colors. Maybe you could put together a test block of your creams and golds and see if you like them.