Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along >

Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along

Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along

Old 11-09-2017, 04:19 PM
Power Poster

That's a lot of fabric left. lol. Guess I need to send you my address. it is very pretty.
Old 11-09-2017, 06:33 PM

lol That was a funny thing for the fire hydrant to do!
Old 11-10-2017, 07:46 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Next time I will post a pic of the huge tub of left overs I have from Fresh Lilacs. I saw a table runner on Maywood's web page made from Fresh Lilacs fabric which I will make and try to use up what I have. The hardest part is coming up with something for that curvy border. It said the pattern was free, but I can't seem to find the free button. It wants me to buy the whole kit. I sure don't need any more.

Thanks for all your complimentary comments. Being somewhat home bound, (they haven't taken the car away from me yet) I appreciate the interaction.

I hit a street sign and a mailbox (together) but the fire hydrant saw me coming and jumped out of the way.

Marcia
Must have been a fabric sale somewhere....huh? That causes lots of accidents. Feel better soon
Old 11-10-2017, 08:26 AM

BattleAxe, I bought that kit from Maywood to take to a retreat. It was a log cabin with only four blocks, I think. It seems they also had one with just a basic star pattern similar to the Autumn Evenings without the pieced blocks in the center. I'm sure you will figure something beautiful to make with that gorgeous fabric!! Be sure to let us see your creations.

Linda in Missouri
Old 11-11-2017, 12:47 PM

I had bought the BOM with fresh lilacs. Then panic set in and I bought a layer cake of it, as well as the insurance package and a duplicate border. Thinking I would goof it up somehow. I made the first one and then two more, and then sold one of them but they wanted it king. So I had to get more fabric to make it with bigger borders for a king. I've also made a Debbie McInnis Thompson ( Piecing the Past ) civil war fabrics pattern in civil war and in fresh lilacs and still have that much left over. I saw that log cabin kit, but my passion is on point samplers.

People on this board helped me scour the internet for the exact fabrics to make it a king. Thankfully, I delivered that one this week.

Actually it was a flower auction and I was on the wrong medication and fell asleep at the wheel, right in front of my house.

Last edited by Battle Axe; 11-11-2017 at 12:49 PM. Reason: more info
Old 11-14-2017, 04:18 PM
Power Poster

Here is my block for this week. Pokey are you catching up any?
Attached Thumbnails dsc03787.jpg  
Old 11-15-2017, 09:16 AM

Mary, Since I was here last I've done something to my back & am doing P.T. 2x a week, I can't put my head down. When I do I get constant pain in my left shoulder blade. Also am left handed. The happy part is that I can download it & catch up later. I'm enjoying seeing all the beautiful blocks that have been made!!! LOVE IT.
Old 11-15-2017, 10:25 AM
Power Poster

Sorry to hear that. Hope your better soon.
Old 11-20-2017, 01:58 PM

Get well soon. Try a good chiropractor.
Old 11-20-2017, 02:04 PM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]584132[/ATTACH]Total disaster. You can read an almost identical post on FB. I had to call 911 Thurs. at midnight. I was sure I was passing out and throwing up all at the same time. They (4 good looking men and one girl) found I had low blood pressure. So this a.m. I thought I had made it to Sunday. I think I spent the real Sunday watching football and napping. When I found block 10 in my inbox, I just started making it. Of course I got the head start that I didn't need. The result is that I put a half inch spacer around. What a mess.

Then I had to rip out a part of a row of long arming.

I was so glad it was a mistake as I thought I should be evaluated for a concussion as I had fallen on Sat. and had a 60 pound box of dahlias fall on top of me. I'm bruised and my tail bone will never be the same, but I was sooooo glad that it was a mistake. I'm not crazy, I have not had a stroke, I fell because I got my feet tangled up and I fell on a loom.

I will fix it right away.

Marcia
Attached Thumbnails 20171120_134559_resized.jpg  

Last edited by Battle Axe; 11-20-2017 at 02:06 PM. Reason: more information