Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along >

Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along

Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along

Old 11-20-2017, 03:00 PM

Marcia, Marcia, Take it easy girl! It sounds like a rough weekend. Hope you're better now. And I know you're glad that block had a correction!
You mentioned dahlias; do you know about plants and their care? If so, I have a question and I'll post it on the other page where we post about anything(can't remember what it is called).
Old 11-20-2017, 05:06 PM

Scary times, Battle Axe. Hopefully you can take it easy for a few days.

Connie
Old 11-22-2017, 01:38 PM
Power Poster

I got a email today from connecting threads their essential thread is 65 % off today only $1 a spool instead of $3. Just passing on a good sale. Not all colors but lots to choose from.
Old 11-22-2017, 01:39 PM
Power Poster

Marcia hope your doing better. I like your block with the border. It's pretty.
Old 11-25-2017, 04:08 PM

Hi all!!
Well, my intentions were to do this BOW...haha, we all know about good intentions, right? But I do have all the emails (except the first week, but I can figure that one out), and just got through downloading them to my harddrive, so I will have them whenever I actually get in the mood. I think that once I start, I will do this in 1930's reproduction fabrics, as I have a TON of 30's FQ's, and a really large remnant from the backing of another 1930's quilt that went to a customer.

I'm loving what everyone's doing though!!

Pokey'sCorner, you're not the only slow-poke here... I think I've got you beat, since I haven't made a SINGLE block yet.

Marcia, I hope you're doing better. Please be more careful, it sounds like you've had some major mishaps lately!! Prayers for all the bumps, bruises and ouchies to heal quickly.

Hubby got me interested in deer hunting this year, so much of my "usual" sewing time has been taken over by sitting in the woods. I've done pretty good for my first season - a small buck and a doe. Meat in the freezer!!

And I have a queen-sized Lone Star quilt that I have been doing a lot of design work for the quilting of the setting squares and triangles, so the designing and thread testing have also greatly impinged on my piecing time. I'm hoping to submit it to MQX next spring.

I'm in the mood to start something new (yike! another UFO in the making!) so maybe I'll dig out those 30's prints now...

Edited to add: And I went ahead and signed up for "Stars Over Baltimore"... just the email part. FREE is one of my favorite words. I really don't need the fabric, as I have so much that I'll have to live to 120 (and be healthy at the same time!) to use it all up!!

Last edited by letawellman; 11-25-2017 at 04:14 PM.
Old 11-26-2017, 05:09 PM
Power Poster

Whew ..... I finally got to work on this last block. Got it done before tomorrows comes out barely. That center block is a booger. It comes out to close to the points and then you lose the points when it's sewn. I'm not taking this apart or doing it again. It's a quilt for me so it doesn't matter that much. Hope you enjoy seeing it. Hope more show their blocks.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03800.jpg  
Old 11-26-2017, 05:12 PM
Power Poster

Leta, I just been using my stash too. I have too much to go buying more fabrics. I did buy more neutrals as I was running low from the last 3 quilts in this line. .
Old 11-27-2017, 02:25 PM
Power Poster

Oh Wow I got this weeks block done already. Yeah !! Hope you all will post some blocks soon. I feel like I'm overtaking this thread.
Old 11-27-2017, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

OOps I for got to download it. Sorry.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03802.jpg  
Old 11-27-2017, 04:31 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
OOps I for got to download it. Sorry.
You do such lovely work. I love all of your blocks.

My progress on this top is very slow. I have 4 blocks cut out and all weeks printed out for me to make. I figure in the next few weeks to concentrate on this project. I only have 4 UFO projects to complete in the process. Happy sewing everyone.