Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along >

Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along

Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along

Old 10-03-2017, 02:21 AM

I have been admiring your Peace and Healing quilts. I did not appear on the scene until that was history. So this a.m. Debbie had some CDs on sale and I bought the P & H one. That should keep me busy for a while as the blocks are quite small, aren't they??

So what does everyone else do in the face of such tragedy? I buy more fabric. Went to two quilt shops yesterday and bought half a yard at one and 6 3/4 at the other. I had plenty of time to look at this one Amish place and she had some of the honeysuckle fabric by Blank Quilting. I bought 3 more colors. That makes 7 colors.

I think buying fabric is an excellent way to channel your energy or anger or what ever is boiling up inside you. But that is my opinion and I have no one to answer to.

Marcia
Old 10-06-2017, 11:56 AM
Power Poster

Well I finally got to work on #3. I'm going to maybe lose a point on the bottom edge. I haven't trimmed it up yet. My neutrals were delivered 2 days ago so I can start on my alternate bocks this weekend. I don't like waiting and doing them all at the end. Gets to boring. I'll make a few at a time through out the process. Hope you enjoy the picture and post some of your too. I love seeing them.
Attached Thumbnails dsc03736.jpg  
Old 10-06-2017, 12:08 PM
Power Poster

So pretty, Mary!
Old 10-06-2017, 02:32 PM

Sewbizgirl take a look at my profile, and everyone else. I've got my latest project half done and on there.
Old 10-06-2017, 04:26 PM

Mary, I really like how your blocks are coming along. Btw, I think one of your logs is in the wrong place.
I have all my alternate blocks done in purple & black. Ran out of purple; was using the same fabric for the "chains". So haven't done the half blocks. Looking for something that is close in color and discovered there is a blue undertone to it, so it might be a problem. The funny thing about this is I had at least 30 choices to pick from in my stash and I pick one that is not enough. And that was after calculating how much I would need.
Jan
Old 10-06-2017, 06:21 PM

I have also joined this block of the week. I have the first three blocks and all of the alternate blocks finished. I bought the kit and the colorsc
Old 10-06-2017, 06:21 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
Sewbizgirl take a look at my profile, and everyone else. I've got my latest project half done and on there.
Beautiful projects, Marcia! Love your giant dahlia, too...
Old 10-06-2017, 06:25 PM

[QUOTE=Abigail's Mimi;7920734]I have also joined this block of the week. I have the first three blocks and all of the alternate blocks finished. I bought the kit and the colors are gorgeous! I have also started making the blocks from my stash for as second one in blue and yellow. I have to figure out how to post pictures.
Old 10-06-2017, 06:45 PM

Someone asked the question of putting the fabric in bags. I followed Debbie's directions and put each blocks fabric in a separate bag before the direction for the blocks were posted. It has been so easy to just pull the bag for the current block and have the fabric needed ready to be sewed.
Old 10-07-2017, 06:55 AM
Power Poster

[QUOTE=Abigail's Mimi;7920738]
Originally Posted by Abigail's Mimi View Post
I have also joined this block of the week. I have the first three blocks and all of the alternate blocks finished. I bought the kit and the colors are gorgeous! I have also started making the blocks from my stash for as second one in blue and yellow. I have to figure out how to post pictures.
Hi Abigail's Mimi, we sure hope you learn how to post pictures! Would love to see your blocks in the kit fabrics.

If you see a bar above the reply box with a row of icons, click on the icon that is a little tree in a frame. Then a box will open for image uploading. Click on 'from computer', then 'browse'. All of your pictures should open. Double click on the one you want and then you you can click 'upload file'. Before you double click on your photo, reduce the size. This website will reject pictures that are too big. Right click on your photo, then scroll down to "resize photos" and left click on that. When a new box opens, select "small" and then hit 'ok'. Upload the small version of your photo. It will look the same on the website, not smaller, but will take up less space. Good luck!