Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7

Thread: Autumn Evenings BOW Sampler Quilt-along

Well, finally got around to making this weeks block. I think there is only 1 more to do? Anyway here is mine for this week. Boy, my flying geese came out so tacky. I really like the looks of this block just not mine. lol. Have a good day.
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mary

BattleAxe, The picture you posted of the furrows log cabin sampler looks like it's the Marti Mitchell sampler I did a couple of years ago. The pattern utilized her acrylic templates, but I just used the paper templates that were on the pattern sheet for each block. I didn't set the sampler blocks the way you found on Pinterest-- I just made those same blocks. :-) My LQS was offering the sampler as a BOM using Kansas Troubles fabrics, and their completed example was set that way though. Small world. :-)

Blog Entries
    Name:  20171211_212538_resized.jpg
Views: 244
Size:  268.1 KBLast block. Now for the sashing. I'm not doing alternate blocks. I'm getting down to the skimpy portion of the tub of fresh lilacs fabric

Marcia

That's beautiful Marcia. Your blocks will make another pretty quilt. Can't wait to see it.
    Mary

The Log Cabin Sampler that Battle Axe likes is the pattern Rambling Rose Meets Jamestown by Marti Mitchell http://www.frommarti.com/showRRMJT.shtml
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

Marcia, that fabric line is really nice. I can't wait to see your quilt set together. I know it will be beautiful, however you set it together.
    Jan

Finally got the last block done. Gonna have to wait to assemble it all. Here's a picture. I'd like to wish all you Ladies a Merry Christmas Or a Happy Holiday if you don't happen to celebrate it. Hugs and stay warm Mary
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Mary

Blog Entries
    Name:  20171224_153010_resized.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  430.3 KBHere is the Autumn Evenings with sashing. Now I am fighting the setting and corner blocks. Since I put 2 inches of purple sashing, I need to make these blocks two or more inches bigger. Thought there was a book in my library on setting things on point. Of course I had to make 18 blocks instead of the 13 that Debbie had us do. The good news is that I feel I have made a dent in my left over Fresh Lilacs fabric bin. For the extra blocks I scrounged some ruined things from other quilts and just remade them.

Marcia

Marcia that turned out so beautiful. I'll PM you My address. lol Merry Christmas everyone. Hugs Mary
    Mary

That's beautiful! Marcia

Blog Entries
    Thank you, Barb in L. You are like the Head Librarian of Quilting knowledge.

BA, That's comin' along! Lookin' good!

Beautiful quilt top, Battle Axe! I usually put my setting triangles on at either end of each row. Then when I sew the rows, they are there and it only took straight seaming, no corner fitting (Y seams). That works easiest for me with on point settings.
    http://www.craftsy.com/user/333534/pattern-store?
    http://www.etsy.com/shop/sewbizgirl
    Boom 20 Album of Blocks I made to swap https://www.quiltingboard.com/member...bums19942.html
    "The reward of a thing well done is having done it." -- Ralph Waldo Emerson

Having pressing issues with 6" center blks as I go along. back of #7 Fox and Geese is a mess. any suggestions for joining the flying geese to the center blk appreciated.

Generally if you press the seam toward the darker fabric it is helpful. Reduce bulk in the seams by cutting 'dog ears' and 'twirling' intersections that are at right angles.
    Welcome to the Board!

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by Battle Axe View Post
    Name:  20171224_153010_resized.jpg
Views: 200
Size:  430.3 KBHere is the Autumn Evenings with sashing. Now I am fighting the setting and corner blocks. Since I put 2 inches of purple sashing, I need to make these blocks two or more inches bigger. Thought there was a book in my library on setting things on point. Of course I had to make 18 blocks instead of the 13 that Debbie had us do. The good news is that I feel I have made a dent in my left over Fresh Lilacs fabric bin. For the extra blocks I scrounged some ruined things from other quilts and just remade them.

Marcia
    I was snooping around and saw your beautiful quilt. You do know that Fons and Porter have a ruler that does these angles so easily. My mom bought it for me a few years ago and it works wonderfully for this. Also, even though you have the 2" sashing, you still cut for the 12" block.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Well I finally got my blocks together (about a month ago) and stopped. I thought there was too much black and not enough color, so kind of laid it aside thinking, how I could get some life into it. In some things I don't like to not finish before starting a new; i.e., books and quilt(tops). SO...... I need to get this top finished before I can start a new project. Hence, I put this top on the design wall and it's not as dark and dull as I thought!! So here it is. I'm thinking about the purple fabric as a border, and I'm calling her 'done". I do not take good pics, sorry.
    Marcia, if I haven't told you before, I like everything about yours. I like your quilt-style.
    Now to see if I can post a pic. It's not happening. Will read up on it and try again.
    Jan

Trying again.Name:  039.jpg
Views: 113
Size:  89.2 KBSuccess!
    Jan

Jaiade: Very pretty!

Connie

Blog Entries
    lawsonmugs (Mary) & Battle Axe (Marcia) - I have been following your efforts and hard work while making your lovely blocks - You both are defintely motivating and inspirational - Thank you for showing each of your blocks! Great work!!!

Jaiade - your blocks are pretty with a modern twist! Good job!

Is anyone doing the "Stars Over Balitmore" blocks? I was wondering if the star blocks are all the same with just different colors? I am intrigued by this pattern and may buy the applique blocks since the BOM started in January but was wondering about the stars. Info on this is greatly appreciated

I did sign up for The Signs of Spring project.
    Deb

Blog Entries
    Well you all have inspired me with your lovely little blocks and I would really like to get better with my piecing skills so I ordered the CD for Autumn Evenings - please continue to post your blocks and show your results! I will desperately try to play catch up

I'm hoping to work on them as I also work on a few other projects like Stars Over Baltimore, Box Strings and the new pattern that 'Piecing the Past Quilts' will be starting next week.
    LOL sooooooo many projects and so little time!!! but oh so many ideas and fun, fun, fun!!! I hope I don't get overwhelmed!
    Deb

Blog Entries
    Yep costumegirl, you said it. So many quilts, so little time. I am doing the Piecing the Past as well. Think I am more apt to keep up with it this year. Autum is beautiful, just did not keep up with getting the patterns so bye bye to that one.
    Life is short, live it while you still can. QuilterMomma

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 6 7