Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter 2020/2021 Winter Mystery: Grassy Creek >

Bonnie Hunter 2020/2021 Winter Mystery: Grassy Creek

Bonnie Hunter 2020/2021 Winter Mystery: Grassy Creek

Old 11-27-2020, 10:50 PM

Thanks @joe'smom - purple is my favorite color, so I'm happy I was able to work it in to this mystery quilt. I feel like as long as it has purple, I will probably like the end result!

For those that have done these mysteries before, how does this clue compare to a typical clue in terms of difficulty and time needed?
Old 11-28-2020, 01:17 AM

Originally Posted by Leahquilts View Post
I also made Edyta's quilt and loved the experience. I agree, out off all the methods I have used, hers was the fastest and most accurate. I should have printed it out just to save her methods.
Edyta still has all the instructions on-line, so you can print them out if you want to.
Old 11-28-2020, 05:42 AM

Thank you!!
Old 11-28-2020, 05:51 AM

Off to a good start. Wasn't real sure about this color combination but I think I like it.
20201128_073653r.jpg
Old 11-28-2020, 06:04 AM

tee hee....I haven't started yet.....but I just wanted to give folks a gently reminder not to post actual numbers or dimensions regarding the clues as that is Bonnie's request that we don't do that....so put that little sticky notes over your number keys when posting here!. Now to get breakfast and hopefully get some cutting done.
Old 11-28-2020, 06:15 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by leheath8 View Post
Thanks @joe'smom - purple is my favorite color, so I'm happy I was able to work it in to this mystery quilt. I feel like as long as it has purple, I will probably like the end result!

For those that have done these mysteries before, how does this clue compare to a typical clue in terms of difficulty and time needed?
To answer your question- I've done one other BH mystery and this sounds about typical to me. I think I'm going to do half each clue and then at the reveal decide if I want to make it larger.
Glad you joined us!
Old 11-28-2020, 07:34 AM

I'm so glad I was able to attend the Bonnie Hunter event in Shipshewana last November. I'm not sure but I think it was her last trip before the virus descended upon us. She had just opened her retreat and had plenty lined up for the year.

Now my eyelids have taken a turn for the worse and will have to have surgery on them just as my Dad did. So no mystery for me, I'll just print it out for later.
Old 11-28-2020, 07:36 AM
Power Poster

Marcia, good luck on your surgery. Do you have a date yet?
Old 11-28-2020, 08:16 AM

Originally Posted by leheath8 View Post
That's a tough question to answer, because my experiences with Grand Illusion and Allietare were from a newbie perspective. The clues for those seemed harder (in amount required per clue) to me. My impression was that with En Provence, Bonnie seemed to take it down a notch and the clues were more manageable, but maybe that was just me getting used to the process. This clue seems like a breeze to me, but that is with my new sewing machine (which is so much faster and results more accurate than my old), my new HST technique and my several years' experience. Maybe others can weigh in with their impressions.

Battle Axe, I am so glad you made it to the Bonnie event! I hope all goes well with this upcoming surgery.

Last edited by joe'smom; 11-28-2020 at 08:18 AM. Reason: addition
Old 11-28-2020, 08:29 AM

Beautiful fabrics there, Stitches23!