Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence >

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Old 01-14-2017, 02:26 PM
Power Poster

GramE that is so pretty. I just wanted to mention the hst next to the red square in the middle of the bottom row is backwards. This is such are hard quilt to see maybe you overlooked it and I didn't want you to sew it wrong.
Old 01-14-2017, 02:35 PM

GramE - you've solved my dilemma! I didn't like the yellow squares, with everything else not a plain square, and this is a perfect solution. Thank goodness I've only got 2 blocks pt together. Thank you thank you for sharing!
Old 01-14-2017, 03:18 PM

Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
GramE that is so pretty. I just wanted to mention the hst next to the red square in the middle of the bottom row is backwards. This is such are hard quilt to see maybe you overlooked it and I didn't want you to sew it wrong.
Lawsonmugs, you are spot on! Thank you, thank you. I caught it today when I was gloating! Ha, didn't last long. But happy it is starting to look like something.

Paintmejudy, can't take credit for that one. I'm sure I saw it on here early on.
Old 01-14-2017, 03:27 PM

I am really enjoying the variations of color and placement in these quilts! Bonnie's generosity in doing these annual mystery quilts certainly sparks a lot of creativity. Amazing...
Old 01-14-2017, 04:18 PM

Such beautiful and creative finishes, everyone. It's amazing that we started with the same instructions, and most of us seem to have used the suggested colors, and we've come up with so many variations.

And on that note, GramE, I noticed that the light squares leaning to the right make a nice chain on your top. Have you thought about rotating the 4 patches leaning left so they make a chain also? It would reinforce the circle impression. Don't know why it shows up so well in your top. It's very lovely.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:47 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I am doing a 12 block layout. My blocks are all pieced, and sashings finished, so this layout is only a partial and the piecing isn't this sloppy it is combining pieced w/ not pieced parts for the layout pic. I am really happy w/ my colors and the few changes to some of the units I made. [ATTACH=CONFIG]565590[/ATTACH]
Love it Kass! Your colors are so striking.
Old 01-14-2017, 04:52 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Tweety2911 View Post
Great job Kalama and Kassaundra! I love seeing everyone's progress, you are all such an inspiration. I have one more border to piece and then the top is done. Won't be able to quilt it until I can clean up my quilting room, its a mess
[ATTACH=CONFIG]565594[/ATTACH]
Wow, it's beautiful, Tweety! What an accomplishment, making the full sized one.

Love what you have going so far, GramE.
Old 01-14-2017, 05:41 PM

I keep changing my mind about a border. At first I was thinking about several ideas that could add umph to the border (some more simple some more complex) anyway the more I look at my center the more I'm thinking that is the absolute star and adding bling to the edges may either try to compete or just be too much. I've got plenty of time since I won't add the border until the center is quilted and assembled.
Old 01-14-2017, 06:41 PM

Some awesome quilts gals. I have my blocks done and am now assembling but for some reason, I have lost my mojo and can't seem to get back to my sewing room. I have time but just can't get going again. Looking at everyone's progress hopefully will get me going tomorrow.
Old 01-14-2017, 08:02 PM

"And on that note, GramE, I noticed that the light squares leaning to the right make a nice chain on your top. Have you thought about rotating the 4 patches leaning left so they make a chain also? It would reinforce the circle impression. Don't know why it shows up so well in your top. It's very lovely. "

Yes, All2Pieces, I've tried about 4 set ups with those 4 patches. This is the one that I liked the best. And you can't see it as well but to the right the dark patches line up, but the light kinda over shines it. There were very interesting patterns each way but the lines were the best flow with this placement. And with the others there was always at least one point out of step. Thanks for the suggestion though. I think that is what helped me see the big picture and want to continue on!

Last edited by GramE; 01-14-2017 at 08:05 PM.