Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence >

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Old 12-16-2016, 05:39 PM

givio, I agree I like that layout a lot, might find it's way into a boom swap block
Old 12-16-2016, 06:00 PM

I kinda hope the peaky spikes are not in a star layout, I love the idea of a round robin sort of layout, I guess time will tell.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:04 PM

Originally Posted by KalamaQuilts View Post

I can't look at all the shared photos without lusting in my heart for everyone's scraps.

If anyone wants to offload scraps I'll be happy to pay priority mail shipping
Dear Miss Kalama,

I've always like your name because it reminds me of where I grew up - Kalamazoo, MI. Anyway, what size scraps do you want? and are there certain colors you don't want?

Peggy

Last edited by Pagzz; 12-16-2016 at 06:07 PM.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:07 PM

Oh, a round robin! I hadn't thought of that! Hehe, oops! And I'm planing to make approx. a 60"x 87"... Well, we will see!
Please don't get me wrong, everyone, I'm loving this MQ too. But, like I said, I was hoping for a fast paced race. Maybe I need a slower pace though Poor Bonnie, she does sound over loaded with work and needs a rest.
And, when our lovely quilts are all done and we can proudly show them off, a wee bit of delay will be happily forgotten.

Last edited by NZquilter; 12-16-2016 at 06:14 PM. Reason: An after thought added:)
Old 12-16-2016, 06:09 PM

Originally Posted by Pagzz View Post
Dear Miss Kalama,

I've always like your name because it reminds me of where I grew up - Kalamazoo, MI. Anyway, what size scraps do you want and are there certain colors you don't want.

Peggy
I didn't connect with your name, but I have loved your orts jars--have you one this year? (PLUS--I'd be delighted to send scraps--anything in particular? [PM of address, please.] )
Old 12-16-2016, 06:40 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltingVagabond View Post
I kinda hope the peaky spikes are not in a star layout, I love the idea of a round robin sort of layout, I guess time will tell.
If.she.did.a.round.robin.layout.it.would.be.a.firs t.
Old 12-16-2016, 06:53 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by pennycandy View Post
Today's lesson: Long thin strips from squaring up prewashed fabric are handy to make a bandage when you nick yourself with a rotary cutter.

It was nothing serious, just enough to draw a few drops of blood. I wanted to keep cutting and didn't want to take the time to go downstairs for a bandaid. Hope this means I've earned my quilter's badge
Keep bandaids and superglue in your quilting room!
Old 12-16-2016, 07:06 PM

Originally Posted by NZquilter View Post
I was hoping for a fast paced race.
Once a week clues aren't fast paced enough? I'd have trouble keeping up with anything more than that. It gives me time to work on other things, like bindings (3 quilts in the que) and sandwiching (also 3 quilts) and borders (more than I want to admit-it's my least favorite part of quilting.)
Old 12-16-2016, 10:40 PM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
quiltsRfun, totally agree w/ you.

She has never said the rulers were mandatory, she even includes instructions on how to do the units w/o "her" rulers. She doesn't even charge for the mystery (quite a few out there do). Sit back enjoy the scenic route this year. No matter what order we do the units we were always going to have to make more triangle in square blocks, at least this way the technique you perfected the first time is still fresh in your mind.
Everyone!!! Just enjoy the fact that Bonnie gives us a "quick" mystery that results in a beautiful quilt... For FREE!!!!! Wouldn't it be lovely if your LQS did that? Or your LQS gave you a free class for so much fabric bought?
I am busy, I don't get to sit and sew all day or what not....but I love Bonnies mysteries... I appreciate them
Kirstenn
Old 12-17-2016, 01:30 AM

For those complaining, have you met Bonnie personally? I had some of the same thoughts until I got to take a workshop from her last April. She is one of the kindest and caring persons I have ever met. As for her blog, it is a place she gives her thoughts and happenings. When she expressed concerns about the happenings in North Carolina without stating what there were, she got attacked for being political.

Bonnie does a tremendous job of planning out a mystery quilt project. She gives us the opportunity to get this for free. Yes, she gives us plenty of "ad's" to buy her new ruler, but she designed it to be handier to use. I haven't bought it because I have plenty of rulers and money is tight this year. I agree the publisher is probably pushing Bonnie to do the salesmanship, but that might be the what Bonnie has to do to get her books published.

Anyway, Happy Holidays to everyone and have a good time with family. I am way behind as I just made a new set of altar linens for my church for Christmas. Sewing twice around an eight foot by 8 foot linen for the main altar would have sewn a lot of 4 patches together. Like 64 feet of sewing just on that one cloth.

I enjoy reading what everyone is getting done. You are my family!