Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence >

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Bonnie Hunter Mystery Quilt 2017 - En Provence

Old 12-22-2016, 08:49 PM

ddtrina, if you have enough left of what you used for clue 4, I'd probably go with that. But any of the options you listed would be fine.
Old 12-22-2016, 08:51 PM

Woo hoo, I have a busy day tomorrow and thought I wouldn't see clue 5 until late evening. So glad Bonnie posted it tonight.
Old 12-22-2016, 09:33 PM

Oh my! This is so fun! We keep thinking we know what's coming and every week Bonnie has a surprise for us! My challenge this week will be to see if I have enough purple (green in my quilt.) I think my last strips are either 3" or 3.5"... I'm so hoping for the latter! I'll check first thing tomorrow. Merry Christmas everyone!!!
Old 12-23-2016, 03:28 AM

I was kind of worried about what the "essential Triangle tool" was (never bothered looking) and here all it is - is the Easy Triangle and Companion Triangle combined into one. Since I bought them for last year's mystery, I can use them if I want. I love using those two rulers and have been using them a lot with the 365 block challenge, since I don't like all the waste using the covered corner method, and I couldn't get the hang of the "fast flying geese".
Old 12-23-2016, 04:19 AM

I'm way behind but will finish wrapping Christmas gifts today so I can turn the table from Christmas Central back to Cutting Station. Poor thing hasn't been used as a dining table since I moved into this small apartment. Then over the next week I plan on catching up with a half sized quilt.

Since I'm using just one fabric per colour I will use the 8 at a time method for HSTs. Easy peasy.
Old 12-23-2016, 04:42 AM

Originally Posted by ddtrina View Post
I mistakenly cut all my neutrals for the En Provence quilt into 2 inch strips during my enthusiasm to complete week 1. So I went and bought more neutral fabric (1 piece only) to complete week 2. Lucky for me, I didn't need to go buy more neutral until week 4 so I bought the same print I got for week 2 rather than try to go scrappy like I did for week 1. Now that we are using neutral again, I find myself wondering if I should shop for more scrappy neutral material, use what's left from what I bought for week 4, or buy a half yard or less piece of a different scrappy print that I used for week 1. This quilt is already challenging me to use fabric in ways I never have before. Added to this, I think my son is buying the Essential Triangle Tool for my Christmas present but it won't come in until after the first of the year. I know there are other methods to use to make the half square triangle so maybe I'll content myself with trying one or more of them in the meantime. Or I can go back and remake some of my triangle in a squares from week 2 which weren't quite good enough. And did I mention when cleaning up my sewing area after finishing week 4 I found a stack of magenta triangles from week 2 that had never been attached to the corresponding neutral triangles. While I'm in the process of remaking step 2, perhaps I should recount and make sure I made enough to begin with. Some days I just have to laugh at myself!
I am laughing....you sound like you are sewing with me or maybe you are me in another state. Who knows? This board really needs a "Like" button. "smile"
Old 12-23-2016, 04:47 AM

Bonnie always surprises us, thought for sure that we would be doing green or yellow this week!
Old 12-23-2016, 07:26 AM

I saw the clue last nigh but was to high on nyquil by the time I saw it. So first coffee, then project runway, then the magic 8 it is.
Old 12-23-2016, 07:30 AM

[QUOTE=tuckyquilter;7724672]Had a friend in today. We both sewed on our Bonnie Mystery Quilts and ate a "bring it from the fridge" lunch. So we had Asian St

Tucky, How fun to have a friend to do this with and to have an easy and creative lunch with. I am at our condo now in Florida so have nobody to quilt with here, that is why this is so great with Bonnie's mystery, I feel like I have all of you as friends to share with the fun, mistakes and everything else with it. I don't have her ruler so now have to get the fog out of my brain as I will do them with the two squares right sides together and then cut those in half. Just getting ready to go into the sewing room and do a sample one to see what size squares I need to cut. Happy times!
Old 12-23-2016, 07:39 AM

Originally Posted by Kassaundra View Post
I saw the clue last nigh but was to high on nyquil by the time I saw it. So first coffee, then project runway, then the magic 8 it is.
Hope the NyQuil did the trick. Let me know what you think of the Project Runway winner.