Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 05-26-2013, 02:24 PM
Power Poster

Of course, y'all know that DHMom started showing dogs when she was 5!
I'm honoured that you parted with your first Kuvasz item ... gosh he's a hungry pup!
I think I am up to 16 now for the Siggie Blocks ... soon can do something with them!

Oh what a cute birdie ... will the others be birds of a feather with a bit of the FFC fabric, perhaps in different places? or be different? Great assortment of blocks for your sampler. The WOW even looks like the WOW in the siggie.

JeanieG ... ITA with DHMom ... hints please!!! or perhaps pics of the WIP and let the guessing games begin! My crystal ball is in the shop for a tune up!

CarrieM ... you need a Kuvasz too! Put one with your dogs, and it'd be like Salt and Pepper!!!

CuppieD ... Isn't this group quite a creative bunch? Speaking of creative ... I just looked at your link, and my oh my, you are the Creative Queen!!! Excellent work!!!

Last edited by QuiltE; 05-26-2013 at 02:37 PM.
Old 05-26-2013, 03:49 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Of course, y'all know that DHMom started showing dogs when she was 5!
I'm honoured that you parted with your first Kuvasz item ... gosh he's a hungry pup!
I think I am up to 16 now for the Siggie Blocks ... soon can do something with them!

Oh what a cute birdie ... will the others be birds of a feather with a bit of the FFC fabric, perhaps in different places? or be different? Great assortment of blocks for your sampler. The WOW even looks like the WOW in the siggie.
Yes! I was 5!!! I toddled around the ring on stubby little legs with a dog larger than myself. Actually ... the stubby little legs part was only last year

Second birdie is a little different. I'm swapping the solid and the FQ fabric. I'm going to face this one the opposite direction and I'm using a darker brown for the legs. The third one I think will be a duplicate of one of the other two ... which ever I like best. All three will have a different WOW to keep with the varied WOW theme in the sampler (actually white on beige).
Old 05-26-2013, 06:34 PM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
Yes! I was 5!!! I toddled around the ring on stubby little legs with a dog larger than myself. Actually ... the stubby little legs part was only last year .........
What you neglected to tell, was that you did not toddle ......... you hopped on that poor dog, as though riding a pony!

Just what I was thinking about the birdies ... and heck, maybe there'll be a new version for #3!
Old 05-27-2013, 03:22 AM

What a brilliant idea and clever way to get friends together, communicating and making memories!
Old 05-27-2013, 06:35 AM

Rainy rainy day .... I've put my house plants on the deck to soak up some of Mother Nature's sweet drink.

I think I'll sew more birdies!!!
Old 05-27-2013, 09:16 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
Rainy rainy day .... I've put my house plants on the deck to soak up some of Mother Nature's sweet drink.

I think I'll sew more birdies!!!
The best thing about rain ..... sew your little ♥ out!!!!!

Maybe there'll become a whole flock of birdies?
(pssssssst one could fly north!!!! )
Old 05-27-2013, 09:50 AM

What fabulous items being made from the friendship fabric. Chapter's doesn't have the Fat Quarter Bag book so I guess I wait until my next vacation in the US, order it from Barnes and Noble or Amazon and have it waiting for me when I arrive. Like I need more craft books. lol

My tree is progressing slowly. During coffee breaks at work I am buttonhole stitching along all the applique. It's a really slow process but I'm happy with the look. Why not at home you ask? Because I am working on a cross stitch project with 154,250 stitches. I plan to do one page of the design per month and that will take 36 months. And I'm already behind on May.
Old 05-27-2013, 09:55 AM
Power Poster

W4Me ... Yes, indeed! Some pretty creative people here!!!! And you;re one of them ... how about a photo update of your FFC project? And too, you can always show us your x-stitch, as insane as it is beautiful!
Old 05-27-2013, 10:31 AM

QuiltE - not much of an update. I'm only as far as the first leaf.
As to Mind If I Hang Out, here is a link. This is what it will look like:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46696371@N07/8557665854/
And this is page 3 of 36 almost complete:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/46696371@N07/8803252939/
Come on, you had to suspect I had a warped sense of humour, not? After all, I'm the one who made a quilt with material with hearses on it, and also designed and made a Frankenstein quilt.

The Friendship Tree is the most mainstream thing I've done in ages. Thanks QuiltE.
Old 05-27-2013, 11:51 AM
Power Poster

W4Me ... I *gasp* every time I even think of your 154,250 stitches and 36 pages. The colours are beautiful for that sky and nice that you are seeing some good detail show up. (note I am not telling the others much ... *giggle* let them see for themselves! ) As for your tree ... sometimes stepping outside your comfort zone and doing mainstream, is GOOD!!! And look at how wonderful it is ......... though I still want to see the one leaf that's been blanketed!!!