Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 05-28-2013, 05:04 AM
Power Poster

............ and now you can blame DHMom for making YOU think about them ... and any repercussions that come as a result! Bad DHMom!
Old 05-28-2013, 05:50 AM

LOL QuiltE, because of the lovely weather I've been outside all day and didn't give the Just Takes 2 a second thought. I will deal with the problem when I find them again.
Old 05-28-2013, 06:10 AM
Power Poster

.... you just did!
Old 05-28-2013, 11:08 AM

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
DHM, tell me how you're going to do that! I still have those blocks somewhere hidden. Yes I did give up on it too because of the same reason. Every time I see her site with new designs I click it away. Never want to start anything ever again from there. Did you ever see a finished sampler? I didn't but I have to admit I never took the time to look for one.
Anael ... I'm going to choose my own blocks from Quilters Cache, EQ7, or where-ever ... like the birdie block. I saw a pic of the block and put it into my PInterest account to save for future reference. The opportunity just came along!! Using the pic, I sketched it out in EQ7 and viola .. blocks for my sampler. I need to play around with the blocks that I have done to see what combination of sizes I need to complete a decent size quilt. I'm in the same quandry with another mixed size sampler from my boomerang group. I'm particularly fond of mixed size samplers

And no ... I will not be visiting either of the "Just Takes 2" sites for block patterns. Especially because by now the blocks are retired and I would have to pay for them. No way I'm giving them a cent.

I did just the other day see some completed Just Takes 2 quilts when I did a Google Image search. I was thinking if there were any blocks that I absolutely loved and I could re-create them in EQ7 (I really liked Grandmothers Compass - which is the block that drove us both over the edge after the ladies posted two corrections to the block and there were STILL complaints of it not finishing to the correct size).
Old 05-28-2013, 12:22 PM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
DHMom ... What a terrible experience that must have been. Have you been following Anael's Ode to Mom quilt ... same concept with random block sizes for a sampler. And it's delightful!
I wasn't ... but I just went and searched for it and found it! It's a beauty! I even spied the red print fabric that she was using in the Just Takes 2 sampler on one of her Ode blocks I might have to steal the wreath of flowers block for my sampler ... love that block!!
Old 05-28-2013, 06:57 PM

Here is the project I made with your FQ QuiltE. I really like it, and will get lots of use out of it. I don't know why the photos look so blurry - sorry. I think my camera is getting tired!
Attached Thumbnails img_1814.jpg   img_1815.jpg  
Old 05-28-2013, 07:37 PM

Great purse Jeanie! your blue fabric is a good match.
Old 05-28-2013, 11:15 PM

Jeanie, wow, what a gorgeous purse! I love the color combination! You did a great job

DHM, that Compass block is beautiful but like you I won't pay a cent for the pattern. I tried to draw the block in EQ5 but with no success.
Old 05-29-2013, 05:44 AM

Fabulous purse/tote JeanieG.
Old 05-29-2013, 07:33 AM
Power Poster

JeanieG ... How impressive!!! And the first purse in the FFC! What a perfect blue with the coordinating flowers. Is that a bow tucks? Sure would like to see the inside and what you did there!

DHMom and Anael ... any chance the Grandmother's Compass has a look alike in the Mariner's Compass blocks? You two will figure something out! Must take a look at the Wreath again!