Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 02-08-2015, 05:39 AM

Thanks QuiltE ! ! The NI blocks are 6" finished. Seems huge after a few DJ blocks

That blue fabric is a funny one, it has lots of designs in stripes
[ATTACH=CONFIG]509266[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails blue-fabric-912-x-458-.jpg  
Old 02-08-2015, 05:54 AM

Wow Anael. those look great. And that blue fabric sure is versatile for cutting into little pieces for NI blocks. Imagine being able to say that you only used one blue fabric in the entire quilt.
I hope we get to see more blocks this weekend.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:07 AM

Introducing Heavy Metal Jane. Like the music, she will be interesting but quite irritating at times.

Here are my fabrics so far. I have at least one Fairy Frost to add. It is black like the curly cues only has copper smooshes instead of curlies. I had some of the FF coin already and asked QuiltE to get me some of the curly cues as they haven't made their way to our side of the country yet. She responded by adding the cream w dots and the black w stars. Hmmm, I didn't like them online but I like them in person. And then it was time to play with fabric for DJ. Glow in the dark FF would be lost unless everyone saw the quilt at night and I never got as far as checking batiks . I thought of the copper and went no further. By the way, I like copper as much as I like Halloween.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]509269[/ATTACH]

And I did a little playing last night:
[ATTACH=CONFIG]509270[/ATTACH]

I was originally planning for the coin FF as my sashings but now want it in some blocks so will see how mixing sashings works (some coin and some the cream with dots). Oh yeah, and thank QuiltE for the 6x8" blocks. She said it would be different and I said 'then I'll try it".
Attached Thumbnails hpim3060.jpg   blocks-1-2-feb-7-2015.jpg  
Old 02-08-2015, 06:12 AM
Power Poster

Anael ... a great way to get a well coordinated assortment for a project like NI, for sure! You really scored there!

Those striped prints (there's probably an "official" name for them) have shown up periodically the last few years. In fact, one of my "gifted" DJ blues was one ... but sorry, W4Me, mine will count as individuals Sure, I know ... I cheat! :P Only problem is that the stripes are not overly wide, so it limits me to what blocks they can be used. Even though they are only 4-1/2", it;s surprising how much is needed for the pieces. However, I did get a Stonehenge-like one that is broader striped, probably about 4".

I always think these would be a great way to make a TATW without having to buy so many different fabrics.
Old 02-08-2015, 06:25 AM
Power Poster

aha .... while I was writing my post .... you all got to meet Heavy Metal Jane!!!!!!!!!!
Quite the Miss, isn't she?
The fabrics are so much richer, luxurious, elegant together IRL, than shows in the pics!
The FF has that sheen we know from FF ... the others are metallics with a good metallic shine to them.
Yes, some of them followed me home too!

Take note .... I got blamed again!

BTW ... I just HAD to get her the cream with spots when I saw it, as it went so well with the others. And Take Note #2 ... W4Me DID order the black with copper stars!!!!!!!

You've had a busy weekend, W4Me!!
Look at all the progress already ... Well Done!!
You know I already love the fabrics ... and I think the W4Me 6x8 twist is going to let them create a beautiful quilt. No reason why you can't use the FF coin for sashings as well as in the blocks. I would probably keep it in places were the coin would not touch the sashings. For example, the centre of that M13 and not as the background.

Does this mean more HMJ will be born, being you have a bonus day off for Family Day tomorrow?
Such an appropriate weekend to being this journey!
Old 02-08-2015, 06:41 AM

YEAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH another Jane chaser
Love your Heavy Metal Jane ! ! ! And the size of the blocks......hahahaha you're cheating out of the 4.5" finished ones ! !
Old 02-08-2015, 06:42 AM

Oh, here's the next Insane one. Somehow from the dotted fabric squares all points but one disappeared, don't know how that happened
[ATTACH=CONFIG]509274[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails ni15-448-x-448-.jpg  
Old 02-08-2015, 06:50 AM
Power Poster

You're on a roll, Anael!!!!!
The points obviously wanted to be rounded not pointy ... but sweet block!
Old 02-08-2015, 07:39 AM
Power Poster

Oh my... if my IRL quilt friends would see what my virtual quilt friends are sewing they wouldn't think I would need therapy...but you nearly crazy DJ metallic chasers would for sure...What a trip you are all on. Me, I'm just watching from the sidelines.

Speaking of sidelines..MrOK and I took #1GS and a friend to a college BB game yesterday. Nosebleed seats, but still good viewing... and yes the Cyclones won.
Old 02-08-2015, 09:01 AM

Another great Valentine's Day block Anael. I'm really enjoying the red and white.

Yes, I am cheating with rectangular blocks for Jane. I wouldn't have done it as 4" blocks so this was my compromise. With al the options available sure we can't entice you oksewglad?

Glad you enjoyed the game oksewglad. Always nice when the "right" team wins.