Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 06-06-2013, 04:01 PM

Originally Posted by Jenniky View Post
Love the purse JeanieG
Hello and Hello the Sun is shining and its really really hot here in the desert. I think I can finally say Im feeling physically recovered from my trip. I am still trying to get my quilting area under control after the trip to Indiana to bring my huge fabric collection and all of my sewing/craft equipment etc. to AZ.

Will get my progress pictures up soonish and my square in the mail to you QuiltE soon as I come across which box I put the fabric markers in.

Hugs all,

Jen
Thank you Jenniky! Is so great to hear from you again! What fun that you have all your fabric and supplies with you now. I'm looking forward to seeing more from you again!

Old 06-07-2013, 05:06 AM

Great to hear from you Jenniky. Glad life it sorting itself out for you and you can get back to your quilting soon.

The friendship tree has all its leaves outlined now. And I am about halfway done outlining the tree itself.
Old 06-07-2013, 07:05 AM

Wavin' "Hey Jenni!"
Old 06-07-2013, 11:10 AM

I have made a wine coozy for keeping one's Riesling chilly. (It would also work for non-alcoholic beverages, I suppose, although it has not been tested for that application.)
[ATTACH=CONFIG]417742[/ATTACH][ATTACH=CONFIG]417743[/ATTACH]

I was going to do a placemat-sized matty thing with my FQ so I could test a new technique, but when I saw all of the cool and useful items others have made and decided to experiment...with mixed results! I was trying to use Carol Bryer's string piecing technique (here) for the first time, but had already wandered away from the correct technique (yes, in this case there is a correct technique!) by the time I changed my plans. So the string pieced bits ended up being hand-appliqued onto the coozy, rather than machine pieced into it. (The instructions are intended for flat quilts...and I fully intend to learn to do it properly!!)

And the coozy part I just sort of made up as I went along, although I am sure there are excellent patterns available (and I would encourage their use).

Thanks for the challenge QuiltE!...Now, where is that corkscrew?

Alison

PS My monitor shows the swirly bits as blue/violet, but they are actually extravagantly purple, just so you know.
Attached Thumbnails ffc-1.jpg   ffc-4.jpg  
Old 06-07-2013, 11:18 AM

Alison - that wine cozy is sooo cute. Great use of the FQ!
Old 06-07-2013, 02:56 PM
Power Poster

Another great fship idea!
Old 06-07-2013, 04:14 PM

Great wine tote!! Pass me a glass??
Old 06-07-2013, 07:39 PM
Power Poster

Welcome back Jenniky!!! So are you still enjoying that sun with all it's summer hear?
Look forward to having you back with us and hope you can settle into your new abode quickly ... so you can get back to your sewing!

W4Me ... good idea ... stitch those leaves on, so they can't fall off, and be a winter tree!

AlisonQ ... Oh myyyyyyy .... Nothing better than a Best Dressed bottle of wine! Oh wait, there is .... an empty bottle! So, have you tested it, to ensure your Riesling stays on the chilly side? Did you use the insulation batting (silver stuff?) Now you need some of those wine glass cozies to complete the ensemble! hhmmmmmm I detect a theme here!!

DHMom ... why am I not surprised?
Old 06-15-2013, 06:52 AM

Great wine cozy. Such a great variety of projects using one fabric as a starting point. Thanks QuiltE. My tree top is complete and I will attempt to insert a pic here. Windows 8 is making a mess of things. I can't even format this text. Only way I can add a photo is to attach it. Photos are the same size as always. Only difference is Windows 8. [ATTACH=CONFIG]419098[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails tree-top.jpg  
Old 06-15-2013, 11:04 AM

Works4me - that turned out just great! Love it!