Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
FFC -- One FQ:  "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c >

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

FFC -- One FQ: "Sew" Much Creativity!!Q c

Old 05-31-2013, 06:49 PM

It's 40wt Aurofil. I bought it as an all-purpose piecing and quilting thread.

And you know I could never be mad at you QuiltE. We are far too much alike. It would be like getting mad at myself. Oh, wait, I do that. Oh, never mind.

DogHouseMom - What a cruel teacher. There are ways of telling someone they won't be a professional without dashing their spirit. That wasn't one of them. Yes, I can understand about being tired of the accounting. With me, I love the picky details and the challenge but hate the fact that everyone knows I will catch whatever mistakes are made so they get sloppy. Good thing is that I can take a day off when I need to, like yesterday, and spend it being creative. That rejuvenates, a lot.

And, despite my whining about how hard I have made this project for myself, I'm getting a kick out of combining needlework with quilting. It won't be perfect but then, neither am I.

JanieW - no way mine will be done by June 1 either. But I think QuiltE will be happy to just see progress on our projects and know that we are working on her challenge.

Last edited by works4me; 05-31-2013 at 06:55 PM.
Old 05-31-2013, 08:38 PM
Power Poster

Oh JanieW ... there is NO deadline! Besides I won't have mine done either. I still need some of the Siggie Blocks to wing their way back here! The June 1st date was just one I put out there to help nudge some activity with hopes that some things would get made. You have SO much on your plate ... so totally understandable that you have not got at it. Great that you now have a plan!!! And yes, I am anxious to know WHAT it is!!!! I know ... I have NO patience!!

W4Me ... I bet even the 40wt Aurifil is still pretty fine. I was using some of my Aurifil variegated tonight. So glad that I have the thread stash!!! I'm glad you are enjoying the two ... and finding ways to combine the two talents. Isn't that what they call "Mixed Media"? You're racing right along!!

W4Me and DHMom ... Just so you both know, I have enough accounting in me that I can be picky picky picky. I think you both know that already! The last few years I have gotten more relaxed on that. And then there are times when I am still hugely nit-picky to the point of annoyance! The old thing of, if a job is worth doing, it's worth doing right .... whether it be accounting or otherwise.
Old 05-31-2013, 11:37 PM

What a good idea. I loved looking at what others did with it,
Old 06-01-2013, 04:52 AM

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
Orphans? We don't have orphans ... we have MISSING blocks.

Hmm ... maybe I'll check the back of a milk carton!!!
Hahahahaha!! And the back of the income tax booklets! (Right before the part where you see how much of your money is missing...)

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
...As for the missing blocks ... check your OnStar advisories with the Amber Alerts!
No no! Quilting needs the old timey way of finding missing blocks, not a new-fangled OnStar way! (she types into her computer...)

I'm just chiming in today so QuiltE knows I haven't gone completely AWOL with my FQ, and to say how much I am enjoying seeing all the completed and in-progress projects. And I am also pleased to report that y'all's stuff has given me ideas of ways to improve mine - how's that for a friendship challenge effect?! You rock QuiltE - this was a great idea!

Alison
Old 06-01-2013, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

**awww shucks**
**gosh darn**

Besides Ladies, I'm having FUN with this too! And SO impressed with with how inventive all of your projects are. Then there's my plain and simple old fashioned Siggie Blocks! Hopefully I'll put a bit of a spin on them when they come together .....

You know b ... now there's a plan. Gather those loved ones and claim them as dependants! Was the AWOL comment a reminder that I have not replied to your email? Surely you know by now that I am not a quick emailer (well sometimes, I am ... but not a lot of the time!)
Old 06-02-2013, 05:35 AM

Originally Posted by works4me View Post
DogHouseMom - What a cruel teacher. There are ways of telling someone they won't be a professional without dashing their spirit. That wasn't one of them.
Not cruel at all ... I would say "pragmatic". He was actually one of my favorite teachers. Here's the whole story ...

He was an old Italian guy, thick Italian accent which was no problem for me because I come from a thick Italian family. He always called me by my last name, I think because it reminded him of home He called every other kid by their first names ... I was "special".

So I go to him one day during my Senior year in HS (he had been my teacher through all 4 years as I "majored" in art). I said ... "Mr Valicelli can you help me put together a portfolio to submit to the Art Institute". He considered the question seriously for a while then asked (say this with a thick Italian accent) "DeGuiseppe ... do you want to be an art teacher?". I said no disrespect to your profession but no, I want to work in advertising. He then asked "DeGuiseppe ... do you know someone in the business?". I answered no, I did not. He then said "If you want to work in advertising but do not know someone in the business to get you in, you gotta be a genius. You ... you ain't no genius, you gonna starve. You should teach."

I agree with his assessment 100% ... I ain't no genius.
Old 06-02-2013, 05:37 AM

Originally Posted by QuiltE View Post
Was the AWOL comment a reminder that I have not replied to your email? Surely you know by now that I am not a quick emailer (well sometimes, I am ... but not a lot of the time!)
Best bet ... e-mail her around midnight <G>.
Old 06-02-2013, 06:29 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by DogHouseMom View Post
Best bet ... e-mail her around midnight <g>.
Now that all depends ................... if I am bleary eyed or with my 2nd or 3rd or 4th wind!
And you already know that!!!

BTW I read MrV with a thick Italian accent!!! (live in a very Italian area, so have lots of examples emulate!)

*****skips off to FINALLY reply to AlisonQ ... and yes, hers IS older than DHM, W4M, and more! *****

</g>
Old 06-02-2013, 11:08 PM

QuiltE I think I should be honored you replied to me within 4 days
Old 06-03-2013, 04:59 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by Anael View Post
QuiltE I think I should be honored you replied to me within 4 days
shhhhh! you're going to cause a revolt!