Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37

Thread: "Fun on the Farm" Free BOM from Eleanor Burns

Judith, that's perfect now. I think a small quilt for the couch or something would be really cute made with blocks like the first one. Make a different flower for each block. It's a cute block.
    Mary

Yes, doesn't fade away now but stands out IMO.
    "Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!"
    Susan

Blog Entries
    Okay, here is my first 9 blocks together with the sashing. There will be a small white strip between each block when I'm finished quilting. There are just a few more tweaks to do for a couple of them and I will be ready to layer and quilt them down.

I'll have to take a break from these blocks for a day or 2 until I finish a mug rug for the mug rug swap. I'm just finding it hard to put these blocks down because I'm finally having fun again. lol

I saw on Facebook the other day, they were asking people to make suggestions for another bonus block. So, I wonder if we're going to be seeing another bonus block in the near future. They are almost out of time. There are only 2 more blocks to go. I wonder what it will be?

This is not the final layout of my blocks. I want to spread out a few of the blocks a little more.
    Last edited by Judith1005; 05-14-2019 at 09:39 PM.
    My little shinning stars. Brantley, Kaylynn, and Emmalee
    https://www.quiltinaday.com/eleanora...nontheFarm.asp

Blog Entries
    It's looking great, Judith. I was wondering about that bonus block, too. It's nice that they are asking for input on it.
    Nancy in western NY
    before you speak T.H.I.N.K.
    T is it True? H is it Helpful? I is it Inspiring? N is it Necessary? K is it Kind?

Life may not be the party we hoped for, but while we are here we might as well dance.

It's looking so cute, Judith! Wow!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Blog Entries
    I think this is the layout I'm going with for now. (Although, horsie is going to move down a row and a vegetable block is going to take his place soon.) It's taking me time making those 6" blocks. I want to space out the blocks that have a different background colors. Plus, I wanted to space out the scrappy squares blocks. Most of the backgrounds are going to be blue. I can't wait to move onto the Mat the sheep this weekend.

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by lawsonmugs View Post
    I added a banner of triangles under the canopy. It filled in some of the big empty feeling. My machine went nuts on me. So now I have just my 66 and 99 to sew on. One only goes forward with straight stitch and the other has a reverse too. Of course no zig zag so no Applique work for now. Judith your blocks are adorable. One thing I don't care about is how some blocks are one big item and others have a lot to them. I think that is why some of us keep adding to them too or lose interest. Over all I like them. I love the veggie blocks on the link.
    I don't actually mind the big and small mixed blocks. I just try to evenly disperse them if I can.

Yes, I guess this is a quilt we are going to have to work with till we like our own placement.
    Mary

I know this isn't Farm related, but I wanted to share what I made this week, especially since Judith kindly gave me the pattern.

Name:  IMG_20190522_144610550.jpg
Views: 47
Size:  509.7 KB

My three year daughter saw some cute dinosaurs on a cartoon show and now loves dinosaurs. She has no idea that they aren't supposed to be cute and lovable! So I made her a calico dino, and she helped with the pinning and the stuffing parts. He's huge! I don't know, where toys just overall bigger back in the '80s??

Thanks again for the pattern, Judith! It is a big hit!

I've been struggling with end of pregnancy exhaustion, so I haven't had much sewing energy nowadays. I just have to slow down and not expect too much from myself. Heavens knows a good day is a day with a dinner on the table and dishes in the dishwasher!

ETA: Sorry the picture is so big! I took it on my phone. I guess next time I'll resize the picture to "small" instead of "medium" .
    Last edited by NZquilter; 05-22-2019 at 12:19 PM. Reason: Oops! Huge picture!
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Blog Entries
    Omgosh NZ, that is so adorable. You have a beautiful selection of calicos. I can see why your daughter thinks it so special. It looks so cuddly. (And, your very welcome.)

Very cute. We love pictures.
    Mary

NZQuilter -- I remember when I was pregnant one of the "how to" books said your body is going through the equivalence of climbing Mt Everest. After that, I never felt guilty if I was tired and had to rest!

NZQuilter: That is adorable!
    Connie

Love the dino NZ, that dinosaur will go on great adventures.

Page 37 of 37 FirstFirst ... 27 36 37