Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums >
  • Main
  • QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
  • Giant Scrappy Swoon Quilt Along >
  • Giant Scrappy Swoon Quilt Along

  • Giant Scrappy Swoon Quilt Along

    Old 05-17-2015, 07:40 AM
      #401  
    Super Member
     
    SheriR's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Location: Texas
    Posts: 5,072
    Default

    Here is my mini 1" swoon. It measures 16" square. I bound it in scrappy 2.5" pinks I received in my "candy" swap. I was ably to sandwich it and see the binding on before I left for my trip last week. I finished the binding and hand quilting on the airplane to Orlando and in our hotel room each night. I haven't done any quilting in the scrappy parts. I can't decide what to do. Maybe leave it as is?
    Attached Thumbnails image.jpg  
    SheriR is offline  
    Old 05-17-2015, 07:54 AM
      #402  
    Super Member
     
    Join Date: Apr 2010
    Location: Central Jersey & Calabash,NC
    Posts: 4,024
    Default

    OOOH Sheri it's soooo pretty...I just love it..
    Honchey is offline  
    Old 05-17-2015, 08:25 AM
      #403  
    Power Poster
     
    sewbizgirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2010
    Location: Mississippi
    Posts: 26,165
    Default

    Originally Posted by Irene V
    Such gorgeous color combinations everyone is using for their "Swoon." Here's mine through Step 5.
    What pretty, soothing colors, Irene!
    sewbizgirl is offline  
    Old 05-17-2015, 08:26 AM
      #404  
    Power Poster
     
    sewbizgirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2010
    Location: Mississippi
    Posts: 26,165
    Default

    Originally Posted by jclinganrey
    Here's mine:
    Looks great, Jane. I think the black-on-whites really define and sharpen the colors.
    sewbizgirl is offline  
    Old 05-17-2015, 08:29 AM
      #405  
    Power Poster
     
    sewbizgirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2010
    Location: Mississippi
    Posts: 26,165
    Default

    Originally Posted by SheriR
    Here is my mini 1" swoon. It measures 16" square. I bound it in scrappy 2.5" pinks I received in my "candy" swap. I was ably to sandwich it and see the binding on before I left for my trip last week. I finished the binding and hand quilting on the airplane to Orlando and in our hotel room each night. I haven't done any quilting in the scrappy parts. I can't decide what to do. Maybe leave it as is?
    Love, love, love it, Sheri! I think I would continue the outline quilting in the scrappy parts, the way you did the pink flanges between them. Yours makes me want to make a little mini swoon with my smallest squares (1.5"). That's the smallest squares I keep.
    sewbizgirl is offline  
    Old 05-17-2015, 08:55 AM
      #406  
    Super Member
     
    Janice McC's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Mar 2013
    Location: WNC
    Posts: 9,151
    Default

    Irene and Jclingenray, wonderful colors! Sheri, great job!
    Janice McC is offline  
    Old 05-17-2015, 08:56 AM
      #407  
    Super Member
     
    SheriR's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jul 2011
    Location: Texas
    Posts: 5,072
    Default

    Originally Posted by sewbizgirl
    Love, love, love it, Sheri! I think I would continue the outline quilting in the scrappy parts, the way you did the pink flanges between them. Yours makes me want to make a little mini swoon with my smallest squares (1.5"). That's the smallest squares I keep.

    Thanks for the idea! Originally I was going to use 1.5" squares. It should end up 32", right? When I cut for my 2.5" swap I take what I can't cut into 2.5" and cut 1.5". Then I cut 1" from what's left after that. It always seemed easy to just cut it all when I was on a roll. If I save the scraps for later, later never comes.
    SheriR is offline  
    Old 05-17-2015, 12:54 PM
      #408  
    Power Poster
     
    sewbizgirl's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Oct 2010
    Location: Mississippi
    Posts: 26,165
    Default

    Originally Posted by SheriR
    Thanks for the idea! Originally I was going to use 1.5" squares. It should end up 32", right? When I cut for my 2.5" swap I take what I can't cut into 2.5" and cut 1.5". Then I cut 1" from what's left after that. It always seemed easy to just cut it all when I was on a roll. If I save the scraps for later, later never comes.
    Its such a charming piece and that hand quilting really adds to the charm....
    sewbizgirl is offline  
    Old 05-17-2015, 01:24 PM
      #409  
    Junior Member
     
    Join Date: Jan 2015
    Location: Omaha NE Go Big Red!!
    Posts: 253
    Default

    Shari
    how cute.
    kathrn
    kathryn7887 is offline  
    Old 05-17-2015, 09:32 PM
      #410  
    Super Member
     
    frustratedquilter40's Avatar
     
    Join Date: Jan 2012
    Location: Pacific Northwest
    Posts: 1,311
    Default

    SheriR this is the cutest swoon yet, great job!!
    frustratedquilter40 is offline  
    Related Topics
    Thread
    Thread Starter
    Forum
    Replies
    Last Post
    charismah
    Pictures
    53
    09-18-2016 12:19 PM
    CAS49OR
    Links and Resources
    4
    10-10-2014 04:27 AM
    himnherr
    Pictures
    180
    05-05-2012 06:53 AM

    Posting Rules
    You may not post new threads
    You may not post replies
    You may not post attachments
    You may not edit your posts

    BB code is On
    Smilies are On
    [IMG] code is On
    HTML code is Off
    Trackbacks are Off
    Pingbacks are Off
    Refbacks are Off


    FREE Quilting Newsletter