Welcome to the Quilting Board!

Already a member? Login above
loginabove
OR
To post questions, help other quilters and reduce advertising (like the one on your left), join our quilting community. It's free!

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast

Thread: Splendid Sampler 2

Splendid Sampler 2

I thought it would be nice for anyone taking part in Splendid Sampler 2 to share blocks each week so we can see what people are up to and to keep each other motivated. I will be using Batiks and white fabric for my blocks. Here is my block 1 of 100. Anyone else want to share theirs?
    Attached Images Attached Images

That's a pretty block. I look forward to seeing your progress.
    Sew a Little, Love a Lot & Live like you were dying!

OMG that is beautiful!!! Love the colors!!!

That's a beautiful block. I'm not participating but will look forward to seeing yours as you progress. Is it a new block every month?

I'm downloading the blocks and hope to buy the book once it comes out. Maybe I'll find time to make the blocks too. Only one a week isn't too much . (As if I need another quilt in the works right now!)
    We didn't realize we were making memories, we just knew we were having fun. ~ Winnie the Pooh ~

1912 World's Rotary Treadle (White Company), 1942 Singer 66-16, 1952 Pfaff 130-6, 1954 Singer 15-91, 1956 Singer 201-2

Blog Entries
    Nice work! Love the colors. I'll be following along but won't be able to join. Too many other projects I'm working on.

Quote Originally Posted by osewme View Post
    That's a beautiful block. I'm not participating but will look forward to seeing yours as you progress. Is it a new block every month?
    It is one per week but they are only 6” blocks. There will be 100 total if I make it that far.... This time they are doing the first 20 for free and then you can order the book and continue with them or work at your own pace.

Thanks for the info on the blocks. I'll try to download the first 20 free ones also. I really like the looks of that first block. I've never seen any block like that before. Here's the site where you do go download the free block each week. Just click on the wreath that they have put around the designer for the free block & then download the block.

https://www.thesplendidsampler.com/t...-ii-designers/

Made mine yesterday. Looks nice. I'm wondering what people are doing with the stuff they cut off. I saved some of the bigger pieces for a future block.

Your colors are gorgeous!!!!!!! I'm not familiar with this but love what I see.

Nice block. Love the colors.

Blog Entries
    I did this for the original Splendid Sampler. We had a group of about 10 that met at 8am every Wed to do our little show and tell and tips that made it easier or whined about not liking something LOL. It was A LOT OF FUN. I think 8 of us finished it to the end. We continue to meet weekly just talking about our various projects, but most of them are burned out from the first one. But, it's continuing to peak my interest. I may do it on my own along with you guys.

I'm clicking on the two wreaths shown, but nothing happens.
    Lisa

Quote Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
    I'm clicking on the two wreaths shown, but nothing happens.
    Scroll down to where the designers are pictured. There is a wreath around the featured designer for the first block. Click on his image to get the pattern

If you go to the Home Page, scroll down quite a ways and you will find a link to Download the block
    My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

Quote Originally Posted by Mkotch View Post
    Made mine yesterday. Looks nice. I'm wondering what people are doing with the stuff they cut off. I saved some of the bigger pieces for a future block.
    Why don't you post a picture? I'd love to see it.

I could see there was going to be a lot of waste so I cut my pieces a lot smaller to begin with so I didn't have as much waste

finally found it via the home page, thanks Macy. I was totally surprised to see it is basically a braid quilt in a small block I was sure it would be paper pieced. Sure is cute, thanks for sharing ladies.
    https://www.thesplendidsampler.com/w...xVeronelli.pdf

edited to add: how refreshing to be one page to print!

I signed up to participate, have not been able to choose or make up my mind which to use. Civil war, batiks or Christmas???? They have a great Facebook page. Enjoy the trip.

alamaQuilts;8078250]finally found it via the home page, thanks Macy. I was totally surprised to see it is basically a braid quilt in a small block I was sure it would be paper pieced. Sure is cute, thanks for sharing ladies.
    https://www.thesplendidsampler.com/w...xVeronelli.pdf

edited to add: how refreshing to be one page to print![/QUOTE]

Cindy I was torn between Christmas or Batiks as well. Decided to opt for Batiks so that I can still do other Christmas projects. I love Christmas haha.

Sometimes I think I should get an award for cluelessness. I finally saw where the wreath is in the group of designer photos. Thanks everyone who came to my rescue! It's such a good idea to offer 20 free blocks -- everyone will get hooked and buy the book!
    Lisa

here is my first block. I'm going to work on using up my current year's scraps.

My name is Cathy - and I'm addicted to old sewing machines and their attachments.

june 21 pattern
    https://www.thesplendidsampler.com/ applique today

I don’t know if it isn’t just me on my iPad but I can’t see your pic macybaby.
    Kalama thanks for posting today’s block up - I was coming on to do it. I am looking forward to making it this week

RJL, I use photo bucket for hosting, and sometimes they are having aproblem and pictures are temporarily unavailable.

I'm not sure if I want to try the applique using needle turn or machine. I think I got turned off on Needle Turn applique when I was doing the Affairs of the Heart. I only completed 12 blocks and then was so sick of it I couldn't get motivated to do any more. I was satisfied with my ability, it just seemed so tedious and time consuming.

That’s annoying MB as there is still no pic! I haven’t decided yet either. I do a lot of hand sewing so I’m sure I could do needle turn - it just hasn’t appealed so have never tried it. Lots of the needle turn methods seem to use freezer paper which we don’t get over here. We have to buy an imported box which is about £10 - anothervthing that has put me off. I will do mine over the wkend - probably on Saturday.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 ... LastLast