Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Giant Scrappy Swoon Quilt Along >

Giant Scrappy Swoon Quilt Along

Giant Scrappy Swoon Quilt Along

Old 05-01-2015, 08:21 AM

Originally Posted by kaelynangelfoot View Post
Judy, love your color choices. It looks like you rotated one of your blue and red HSTs (top left), was that intentional?
Opps....thank you so much ..new eyes saw that... I have looked at it again a couple of times and I think I will leave it
-- kind of like when the Amish making a mistake on their quilts. I have to admit it was not intentional ..but I think I will leave it (unless it bothers me as we continue on the next steps) thanks again for noticing

Judy in Phx, AZ.

Last edited by judy363905; 05-01-2015 at 08:30 AM.
Old 05-01-2015, 11:25 AM

[ATTACH=CONFIG]518535[/ATTACH]finally got it. I just love it
kathryn
Attached Thumbnails 20150429_193530_resized.jpg  
Old 05-01-2015, 11:58 AM

You are fast. I like your fabric color choice...I am using the sAme three color families in different areas. It will be fun to see both finished tops

Judy in Phx, AZ
Old 05-01-2015, 04:46 PM

I am a bit late starting this as I just saw it and promptly halted my main project that I am working on lol. Mine is real scrappy as I didn't want to pull fabric out as I already have the table full for the project of now. I just dumped out a bin of scraps and joined strips to cut the 3.5 from.
Attached Thumbnails swoon-middle.jpg  
Old 05-01-2015, 05:39 PM

Rosyhf looks likes it will be awesome..nice color's
Old 05-02-2015, 08:59 AM

ok I think I'm getting there, almost caught up. I ran out of my colorful scraps, so now I am doing stash lol. I set it on the board and and wondered what happened to my star points lol. I had it set another way, which looks good too. I notice a hs turned the wrong way and fixed that in the second pic and have that one the correct way lol...now on to some more. This, byw is another diversion for me from my main project lol.....I love this quilt.It is so easy and looks so good.
Attached Thumbnails dsci0001.jpg   dsci0002.jpg  
Old 05-02-2015, 09:32 AM

Roseyhf That looks sew great, I am amazed at how all the color choices work together in this quilt.
Old 05-02-2015, 11:01 AM

Rosyhf, well you always have the option of sewing the blocks together which ever way you like best. I like the economy block look just as well as the star look. Your background colors are just as pretty as your primary ones! It looks like you have some Kaffe Fasset fabric. I love the rich colors he uses in his designs.
Old 05-02-2015, 12:24 PM

Ok, I must be caught up by now lol. Here are my corners. I used all the scraps I had in teal for the corners and you can't even tell that they are not squares. I just sew a bunch of any size strips of scrap together and cut my squares from that. I'm so glad I have this board, I found two mistakes and had to fix.
Attached Thumbnails corners.jpg  
Old 05-02-2015, 12:47 PM

Originally Posted by givio View Post
Rosyhf, well you always have the option of sewing the blocks together which ever way you like best. I like the economy block look just as well as the star look. Your background colors are just as pretty as your primary ones! It looks like you have some Kaffe Fasset fabric. I love the rich colors he uses in his designs.
Givio, I like the star effect but might change, will have to see what happens lol. I do have Kaffe and this is just some scraps. I never throw any of his scraps away lol. I imagine I must have about 20 thousand yards of fabric, (hush, don't tell anybody). I have three bookcases inside a closet behind the clothes just packed to the max and all color grouped. A large antiques wardrobe (had shelves put in) and that is full to the max. Then I have a chest of drawers, all full and some in the studio lol....I haven't bought fabric in years, I wouldn't have a place to put more unless it was free and then I would find a way hahahhahah