Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 >

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Old 12-20-2014, 03:44 PM

Susan X 2: What great projects. Love that contemporary look. Hope this year I will make some replacement sofa pillows using color blocking.
Sunlten: You have to be kind of used to your sense of humor leaving people in the dust.
Everyone is being so productive! I feel kind of guilty to be without any holiday responsibilities.......oh a momentary lapse, no no I don't.
Old 12-20-2014, 04:46 PM

Originally Posted by SusanSusan33 View Post
My name us Susan. Does that count? And I had twins when I was 33. I'm now 47. So that's how I came up with my not so cool username.

I have finished all my Christmas Craftsy gifts. A quilt gift for my brother and sister. A memory Pillow for my dads widow. my parents divorced due to him being unfaithful. Also A pillow for my mom and another pillow for my best friend. Whew.

Cookies as all baked. Would love to do done quilting. My daughter asked when I was going to work in her. The mq. Lol. Soon honey. Soon.

Can't figure how to post pix on this phone. I'm at a game gir my daughter. All night tonight and all day tomorrow. Calgon take me away.
definitely counts .....
Old 12-20-2014, 05:12 PM

Thanks Emma. I do t feel like a contemporary quilter. My eye is drawn to trAdional quilts. I took off from quilting from 2001 til 2013. The mq will be project #23 do I'm just getting myself figures out. I think. Lol. I bought two charm packs and a jelly roll from rhat line. My friend will get a quilt to match someday. Lol.
Old 12-20-2014, 05:14 PM

Originally Posted by SunlitenSmiles View Post
definitely counts .....

Whew!! thanks.
Old 12-20-2014, 07:08 PM
Power Poster

Love your Christmas gifts, SusanSusan... thanks for showing them to us!

All I sewed for Christmas this year were some beanbag type cell phone 'stands'... very easy and fast and I think all of my kids can use them.

http://factotum-of-arts.com/2013/11/...oneipad-stand/
Old 12-20-2014, 09:39 PM

I got to spend a few hours sewing today. Everything is turning out so much better since I switched machines. Whew! It was so enjoyable sewing and watching Christmas movies on the Hallmark channel. I've made all my HST and am ready to sew my blocks together. Need to study up on how to do that spinning thing when pressing the block.
My middle name is Sue. Pamela Sue. I hope that counts for something!
I like your pillows Susan2. The quilt is nice too. I even like your username now that you explained it! I wanted twins. Didn't happen. Maybe one of my girls will have them. I am a twin and they say it usually skips a generation.
Old 12-21-2014, 07:42 AM

I got started on Clue #3 yesterday and was starting to get on a roll when my machine decided to act up. UGH! THIS is why I stopped sewing in the first place. I'm using my MIL Huskystar which I thought would be better than my old Kenmore. I had it serviced after she passed and barely used it until now and it's being a PITA! I'm going to get my old Kenmore out today, which I also had serviced by a friend a couple of years ago. I hope that sitting without being used doesn't have an affect on it. I'm seriously considering asking for a new machine for Christmas, but don't know if that's premature. Wish me luck!
Old 12-21-2014, 08:14 AM

if the kenmore is a straight stitch it should help, piecing is easier controlled with a single hole throat plate rather than the slot configuration needed for a zig zag (in my personal opinion ).
Old 12-21-2014, 08:26 AM

Susansusan33 I really like your red block quilt!
baronreads, hope you can get your machine up and running properly, so frustrating when our machines hold us back from having fun!

I finished my clue #3 yesterday so hope to cut clue # 4 later today.
Old 12-21-2014, 08:43 AM

It has zz capability. I got it up and running. The bobbin winder didn't work so I wound it on the Huskystar. Now I have to re-figure out my seam allowance. I'm looking at a "quilting presser foot" but not sure how this works. On the Huskystar I actually bought a foot with a 1/4" guide that is PERFECT. Any suggestions?