Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 >

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Old 11-30-2014, 10:01 AM

Pam, that is going to look so cool.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:09 AM
Power Poster

Beautiful, Pam!

As far as I've gotten is getting the black and yellows cut and ready. I've had family here but stole some time last night and ended up going to bed at 2am! Hope to cut strips and start the HSTs soon.
Old 11-30-2014, 10:47 AM
Power Poster

Love seeing the blocks laid out in patterns! I finished sewing all my blocks and am in the process of ironing them all.
[ATTACH=CONFIG]500615[/ATTACH]
Attached Thumbnails grand-illusions-step-1.jpg  
Old 11-30-2014, 11:36 AM
Power Poster

Very nice, Tweety. Looking good.
Old 11-30-2014, 11:55 AM

Tested out my colors and my block size. Can't believe it...perfect 4 1/2 inch block without trimming! I prewashed my fabrics, starched the bejebers out of them, pressed, and cut with my Accuquilt value die. I've only done two blocks so far but have everything cut out for Clue one. Will work on them when I can. I decided to use constant colors and changed the black to brown. I have left over yellow, green, and neutral from Celtic mystery that I'll be using. I found out also that if I rip the fabric selvage to selvage in 18 inch segments it's so much easier to starch and press and cut strips. I've never done that before but the lady at the LQS rips all her yardage cuts so I thought I'd give it a try. Works for me!

Everyone's colors choices are so great. I decided on constants just to do something different this year.

Hugs!
Debbie
Attached Thumbnails clue-one.jpg  
Old 11-30-2014, 11:55 AM

I got a late start (today) but now have all the triangles cut, watching the end of the Colts game before sewing them altogether.
Old 11-30-2014, 12:02 PM

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
So glad you decided to join in, SuziSew! Lots of us are doing an MQ for the first time. I think your fabrics are great. My only thought is that the yellow might be a bit light, having a white background.
I wondered about that too but I don't have enough of one yellow unless I do a solid which I just remembered I have. Since it's the constant she suggested I'll go with that. Thanks for your input!!
Old 11-30-2014, 12:11 PM

It's such fun seeing everyone's slightly different version based on color choices. I'm doing a black background and using yellow instead of black, so mine will look backward from most. I wish I knew how to post a picture, but it's a wonder I know how to even leave a comment!
Old 11-30-2014, 12:20 PM

Originally Posted by Nilla View Post
It's such fun seeing everyone's slightly different version based on color choices. I'm doing a black background and using yellow instead of black, so mine will look backward from most. I wish I knew how to post a picture, but it's a wonder I know how to even leave a comment!
Just go to "Go Advanced" and to manage attachments and you can upload a picture. Hope you can...want to see your blocks!

Hugs!
Debbie
Old 11-30-2014, 12:28 PM

Nilla, it's so easy to post a photo, and we want to see your fabrics! If you glance down to the bottom of the page, you'll see three blue tabs -- 'Post Quick Reply', 'Go Advanced', and 'Cancel'. Choose 'Go Advanced'. Then, once you're on the 'Go Advanced' page, scroll down, past the 'Submit Reply' and 'Preview Post' blue tabs, and you'll be in the 'Additional Options' section. Scroll down a little more, and you'll see the blue 'Manage Attachments' tab.

You click on the 'Manage Attachments' tab, and that will bring up an additional box. Just near the top, there is a gray tab that says 'Browse'. When you click on 'Browse', it should bring up your own personal picture files. You choose the one you want, then click on the blue 'Upload' tab to the right. There's a few seconds wait, then the information for the picture you've chosen will appear just below, in a new section called 'Current Attachments'.

Depending on the type of photo editing software you use, you may have the option to re-size your photos before adding them to your post (mine come out huge unless I re-size). It's really easy as pie (or really, much easier than pie, as I never found pie particularly easy).