Go Back  Quiltingboard Forums > Main > QuiltingBoard Challenges & Contests
Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014 >

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Grand Illusion - Bonnie Hunter's Mystery Quilt 2014

Old 12-15-2014, 08:34 PM

I got on a roll doing my step 3 this evening. Sure was fun. No ripping whatsoever! I haven't been able to see anyone else's photos but lets see if mine will work. Hmmm....there isn't even an icon to click on to add a pic. Maybe tomorrow.
Old 12-15-2014, 09:35 PM

The weather here has been kind of nasty so I spent the day sewing and got quite a bit done. Finished all the units for Clue #2, finished the 80 extra set-aside HST's for Clue #1, got all my strips cut and completed 20 units of Clue #3, and then went back to Clue #1 and got about 20 more of those units completed. Lots of variety today so I wouldn't get bored working on the same type of piecing all day. I won't get much sewing done tomorrow because it's "girls day out" with friends but hope to finish the first three clues before the next one is released on Friday. Looking forward to seeing everyone's progress photos and also will post my photos when that feature is back up and running. Now it's time for bed.....Good Night Everyone!!
Old 12-16-2014, 12:34 AM
Power Poster

Originally Posted by joe'smom View Post
It won't be nearly as much fun for us, either, sewbizgirl! It wasn't by any chance a collage photo? I've not had success uploading that type, either. There must be some reason; I hope you can figure it out. Try uploading one of the photos you've already posted, and see if that works.
No, not a collage photo. I wouldn't even know how to put that together! The photos I tried to post uploaded easily to Facebook-- in the Quiltville Open Studio group-- so I know there is nothing wrong with my files. I'll try again.

Nope... still getting the "this is not a valid image file" message. Argh!
Old 12-16-2014, 05:58 AM

I was having a hard time uplaoding pictures a few weeks ago. It from from my iPad. I hope it gets worked out. Not that I have anything to shre persoanlly but I lOVE to see everyones progress!

This past weekend I FMQed my sisters Christmas throw quilt and I made 2 pillows... I have to finish the FMQing on the border and do the binding. And I want to make another pillow for a Christmas gift. And make cookies for a work exchange, work everyday. Calgon take me away!! And also carry my daughter to cheerleading practice (tonight is my turn to drive the one hour trip there/ back). At least there is a mall across from the field and I can do a bit of shopping. And get a cup of coffee to keep me going!
Old 12-16-2014, 07:25 AM
Power Poster

I've pm'd PatriceJ to let her know about the photo problem. She's probably heard it from several people lately...

Woe is me... stayed up until 3am making clue 3 blocks. Now I have to go to work. Need a nap!
Old 12-16-2014, 07:51 AM

working on unit 3. Oh boy this is going to be pretty ,Bonnie. Have laid out several ways to put it all together. Like each one. wonder if any are like it is supposed to be.lol
Old 12-16-2014, 08:03 AM

ok, here I go again....the week should be Sunday Monday Tuesday Friday Wednesday Thursday Saturday ....... or maybe I should get lots of housework finished like a good girl.
Old 12-16-2014, 09:44 AM

I have been following the Facebook page for the MQ and I believe there must be a lot of people that are not part of this board. This group is always so helpful, positive and nurturing. I'm seeing a lot of negativity there, unfortunately. The Quilting Board will continue to be my "go to" source!
Old 12-16-2014, 10:17 AM

Originally Posted by michelleoc View Post
I have been following the Facebook page for the MQ and I believe there must be a lot of people that are not part of this board. This group is always so helpful, positive and nurturing. I'm seeing a lot of negativity there, unfortunately. The Quilting Board will continue to be my "go to" source!
"I second that emotion"
Old 12-16-2014, 11:34 AM

Facebook has people from all over the world doing this quilt. And they tend to be more "in your face" than here. Of course, the rules here wouldn't allow much of that anyway.