Harriet's Journey BOM

Old 06-15-2021, 01:43 AM

Really nice blocks, Beth! I cut out my first June block yesterday and hope to get busy with them later.
Old 06-16-2021, 03:55 PM

Here are my month 3 blocks. I decided to work on all eight at once, and I found that to be a very enjoyable way to do them, so I'll continue with that. I had some strange seam allowance situations; in the third block on the bottom, some of my seam allowances were miniscule, because otherwise my geese points were getting cut off. I didn't really get how those were supposed to work, but somehow it came out alright. I am very excited to start on month 4, I feel as though I am gaining ground.

Attached Thumbnails img_6808_fotor.jpg  
Old 06-16-2021, 06:05 PM

Joe'smom, Oh, goodness, geese and I just don't fly well together. I loose points, get wonky rectangles and more often than not just let them go their own way. They often fly directly into the recycle bin. I am doing OK with the four at a time method but still seem to get one of the "sky pieces" a little bigger than the other. Trim, trim, trim. Three cheers to you who have these honkers figured out. I avoid them whenever possible. Hard to do with so many patterns using geese by the flock.
Old 06-17-2021, 01:37 AM

Good morning all, still warm here in the UK ( where our Covid numbers are still going up again !!) Great blocks Joe'smom they look great !

Looking at Flying Geese have you seen the construction tips on Page 26 ( for Block B8 ? I use that method all the time and they work out OK !

Hope that helps x
Old 06-17-2021, 05:00 AM

Yes, I did use the directions on Page 26. The best geese yet but still not perfect and often end up flying some to the trash. Tee-Hee-Hee.

Old 06-17-2021, 05:04 AM

Default Harriet's Journey BOM

Originally Posted by WMUTeach
Yes, I did use the directions on Page 26. The best geese yet but still not perfect and often end up flying some to the trash. Tee-Hee-Hee.
It will get better I promise !! x
Old 06-17-2021, 10:46 AM

Sorry about your covid numbers, Dotty!
Old 06-19-2021, 05:06 AM

Here are my June blocks. I also chickened out and substituted two blocks to avoid applique and fiddly diamonds. These came from "The Splendid Sampler" by Pat Sloan and were blocks I didn't do when I did my combined SS quilt (queen-sized). I did hand applique the heart in the center of one of the substitutes, though. This month's blocks were a nice batch. Thanks, Dotty, for keeping us going!
Attached Thumbnails hj-june.jpg  
Old 06-19-2021, 07:13 AM

The blocks look great y'all! I have struck out on my own and am working on blocks they go in the quilt. Avoiding applique and only making 77 blocks for a twin size layout. Love the colors. We have tropical storm Claudette going thru today so it's a perfect day to sew. Happy Sewing!
Old 06-19-2021, 11:35 AM

Mkotch, your blocks are wonderful. That melon-y pink is dreamy!